[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Carcustomer service

L Sep 24, 2017

To whom it may concern,

For starters I would like to thank you for the use of your cars for myself and two kids. Without this service it would have made our dream holiday very difficult. My only complaint is the customer service or lack of. Most of the staff we dealt with were ignorant and blatantly complained about non English speaking customers in front of us. The last time I checked these non English speaking customers were paying for the use of the cars and also your employees wages as well as English speaking customers. The main Alamo rental facility that we dealt with was at the LAX International Airport facility. A few of them carried on conversation with each other and totally ignored their paying customers as if we were wasting their time and hardly even recognised us but were keen to tell us how much and take our credit card payments. And their attitude was extremely rude in many cases. Not all were rude we did have a couple and I mean only a couple who were extremely pleasant and actually smiled and made us feel like valued customers. We hired your cars for about 3/4 of our holidays. Please do something about this, A smile or just plain common courtesy and manners costs nothing. I waited 32 years to have this dream holiday and was extremely disappointed with the attitude of most of your staff. However the gentleman who checked in my car on my last rental when I dropped it off was very courteous, smiled and was friendly and gave me useful information without asking, and was so disappointed that I hadn't had dealings with him all along, he should be commended, I just wish I got his name and also the lovely lady who transported us to the airport for us to come home on Friday the 22nd September, offered a smile and spoke to us like she liked her job and we mattered. Good, efficient Customer service is paramount in business.

• Resolution Statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response · Sep 26, 2017

LA Alamo, we appreciate your comments. Your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. Please reach out to us at [protected]@alamo.com at your earliest convenience with the details above, your rental agreement number, rental office location, and your contact information. Thank you. - Carol H.