[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / car rental
I rented a car via Alamo to collect at MIA airport Saturday 18th August. When I arrived at the desk there were only 2 staff working and a queue of about 12 people, admittedly it was 2 am so I understood the low staffing. However in the 20 minutes I waited in line only one person was processed.
I called Alamo to ask of they could add more staff, initially to the central reservation number but then to the actual office at MIA. At the latter I spoke with Luis, who I assume was the supervisor, observing that at the rate of client processing it would be 4am before I received my car and as I had pre-booked why wasn't there a collection point. Luis claimed that there were no more staff available and when I suggested that he help out he disconnected the call. Within 10 seconds he appeared in the booking hall, I identified my self and he abruptly asked me to step out of line. When I expressed my disappointment with his attitude and the slow service he told me in a loud voice to leave as he would not rent me a car. This was heard by everyone in line and embarrassed me.
My complaint is:
1. I had a contract with Alamo which was paid, this Alamo had an obligation to complete the contract as entered into
2. As a result of Alamo arbitrarily cancelling the contract I had to find alternative car hire, this at a significantly higher price than previously paid in the prebopki get as such I am out of pocket for the car hire period by approximately $us 200.
3. Luis treated me in a demeaning manner designed with nothing more in mind than to cause me embarrassment in front of everyone else in the queue and also to ensure that no one else complained about the slow service.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2018
We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing