[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / car rental

Miami international airport, United States

I rented a car via Alamo to collect at MIA airport Saturday 18th August. When I arrived at the desk there were only 2 staff working and a queue of about 12 people, admittedly it was 2 am so I understood the low staffing. However in the 20 minutes I waited in line only one person was processed.
I called Alamo to ask of they could add more staff, initially to the central reservation number but then to the actual office at MIA. At the latter I spoke with Luis, who I assume was the supervisor, observing that at the rate of client processing it would be 4am before I received my car and as I had pre-booked why wasn't there a collection point. Luis claimed that there were no more staff available and when I suggested that he help out he disconnected the call. Within 10 seconds he appeared in the booking hall, I identified my self and he abruptly asked me to step out of line. When I expressed my disappointment with his attitude and the slow service he told me in a loud voice to leave as he would not rent me a car. This was heard by everyone in line and embarrassed me.
My complaint is:
1. I had a contract with Alamo which was paid, this Alamo had an obligation to complete the contract as entered into
2. As a result of Alamo arbitrarily cancelling the contract I had to find alternative car hire, this at a significantly higher price than previously paid in the prebopki get as such I am out of pocket for the car hire period by approximately $us 200.
3. Luis treated me in a demeaning manner designed with nothing more in mind than to cause me embarrassment in front of everyone else in the queue and also to ensure that no one else complained about the slow service.

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2018

Mid2703,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,