[Resolved] Alamo / overcharged

Orlando Airport, United States Review updated:

I rented a car from Alamo online for 15 days
I paid in full,
I wasnt late in returning the car, when I took it back I was told nothing more to pay, BUT a day later, I was charged $200
I contacted Alamo Customer Service via their website,
I got a message stating they would repoly in a timely manner (whatever that is ?)
It has goine on for over a month, they havent contacted me, I still havent received any reply about the overcharge or what it was for
I havent received a refund
I left ALL my contact details on my message to them, still no phone calls, no replies
I have never known such poor customer service fropm ANY company and total disregard for customers
I wish I knew who runs this appalling company, I could either email them or call them (even though I'm in the UK now)
I wouldnt use this company EVER again
I work at Heathrow and am in a perfect position to let people know what Alamo is REALLY like
AND how appalling their customer service is
I thought that Car hire companies needed and wanted customers, obviously not in the case of Alamo
I wont recommend to any of my Heathrow collegues, and there are a lot of people working there and an awful lot of passengers pass through here, and I will put the word out about this company
Does anyone know who own/runs/CEO of Al;amo and how to contract them ?

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Dec 11, 2018

Francisco Esparza, I see my colleagues have previously responded to your posts on Facebook and Twitter and we have escalated your concern to upper management. Someone should be in contact with you soon. Please feel free to email us at [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with any questions. Thank you! - Carol H.

Comments

•   Nov 11, 2008

I've just found out who owns Alamo car rental

Its a huge corparation, (Republic Industries) its owned by an ex bin man, made good, he's quite a big boy in the rich fellas club (but he dont impress me)Still stands up to pull his pants up and puts em on one leg at a time

His name is H.Wayne Huizenga (ex Dutch immigrant, from way back, commonly known as a clog)

He took over Alamo, and the company makes billions, I guess they do that by ripping the ordinary bloke off,

Does this bloke know how bad his company is and how crappy the customer service from them is ? I doubt it,

The bloke dont associate with ordinary mortals any more

He owns lots of things, football teams, recycling centers, used to own Blockbuster video (they are crap anyway, guess thats why he sold them)

Likes to make it know how he started off with his first truck (but forgets where he came from)

Maybe one of the employees at Republic will read this and pass it on

YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALAMO IS CRAP

It surprises me your outfit has got so big with a service like this

But H.Wayne Huizenga it dont matter how big your companies are, you need customers, people like me, do yourself a favour and sort it out

•   Dec 14, 2008

Reply to Julie (who sent an email, I dont know if you got my reply, but here is the reply to you

Nope really didn't get anywhere with them,

After nearly 2 months I got a reply from them and the offer of a free days rental IF I go to the US, but no refund, no mention of overcharging, they sent me a so called copy of my agreement, but it wasn't my signature, but that meant nothing to them

I have sent them emails and this website and it doesn't mean very much, they just say, there are other people who enjoy their service

When I rent a car now, I check the charges, both before and after, I have a CC that has a small limit I use as well

But there is no point in complaining to their customer services, they really don't care, they are on the minimum wage, why should they put themselves out for anyone, least of all to a customer

They only answer emails after 2-3 weeks, and don't bother calling them, they put you on hold then put the phone down (things aren't much better in the UK either)

I work at Heathrow, and I go out of my way to stop people using Alamo and send them to other companies, anywhere, just so they don't use Alamo (they really need customers, they are a minor operator at Heathrow, I'd like to see them go bust or go even further from Heathrow, they are quite a way off the airport anyway)

Regards

Derrick

• Fr
      Dec 05, 2018

Confirmation # 1276056992COUNT

Day 10 of dicking around with ALAMO CAR RENTAL LAX useless customer service.

Reference Number: 10162713-I am extremely disappointed on the way Alamo has handled my request to retrieve my luggage from one of your car rentals.

First of all, my luggage is not lost, I know exactly where it is: Is in the trunk of the 2018 White Camry that I leased for you on 11/22/2018 – 11/26/2018 timeframe.
    ...
    My only “sin” was to lose the car keys at LEGOLAND located in the following address: 1 Legoland Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008. I contacted Alamo customer service and they sent a locksmith, “Roadway Auto Towing”. The guy was able to unlock the car, but unable to open the trunk; I had to Uber my way to LAX to catch my flight back to Texas. I had to leave my luggage in the truck at Legoland. The locksmith was very unprofessional and not helpful at all. He damaged the left-hand side back sit while trying to get to the car’s trunk. When he couldn’t get to the trunk, he asked me “what else do you want from me!” on a very threatening way. He even tried to con me with a friend of his: He offered a $200 ride rate to take me and my family to LAX airport. Are your service suppliers authorized to offer these type of rides? The car was taken to San Diego service center, according to the customer service rep. that handled my case.

Now, 10 days later I still have haven’t had my three pieces of luggage and no word from your customer service team. You guys know exactly where the car is!! Go get my luggage!! My wife have been calling your customer service line daily: Your people are clueless!

Looking at your You have an item number 10163755 found on 11/27/2018 at your LAX site under “Luggage” category. Is this my luggage?? My wife’s prescription medicine is in one of these suitcases!!!

This is one of the poorest customers service I have experienced. I will post this issue on Tweeter and get you on BBB. You were pretty fast on charging me $70 for the lost keys, but your respond on getting my stuff back is lacking any type of concern for the customer!!

Get back to me ASAP with a response, no phone calls: I need everything in writing!

Francisco Esparza

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Fr
      Dec 05, 2018

Day 10 of dicking around with ALAMO CAR RENTAL LAX useless customer service.

...