Alamo Car Rentals / never use them
I rented a car by Alamo through a car rental site where my agreement clearly stated that the cost included all the necessary insurance and the first tank of gas. The voucher that I provided upon rental was kept as payment but upon returning the car, the terms of the agreement were dismissed and I was charged $60 for re-filling the gas tank.
Despite indicating the clause on the agreement and refusing to authorize the payment, the Alamo rep proceeded to charge me, said he could do whatever he wanted and then refused to discuss the matter any further, moving on to the next customer and ignoring me.
I will never use Alamo again, this is the second time in a few months that I have either had a problem with my rental, or a complete attitude problem from the representative. Although it may cost me a little more to rent from Dollar, they have always been respectful and helpful and it is well worth the extra money.
As for Alamo, I refuse to pay for rudeness and they can keep their old, haggard cars. Alamo should know that in this day and age where prices are so competitive, one of the key distinguishers is customer service and if this is any example, they'll soon be losing business like crazy.
More Alamo Car Rentals Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rental car customer service wrong fees provided on extensions
- Alamo Rent A Car - customer service/ cavalier attitude
- Alamo Rent A Car - sat nav and mid guidance
- Alamo Rent A Car - theft
- Alamo Rent A Car - more expensive vehicle