[Resolved] Alamo Car Rental / car rental, 24 hrs assistance

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

A European family member rented a car from Europe, paid for it. She gets to LAX, Alamo convinces her to pay 30$ per day extra to get a better car. She accepted. She had gotten the 24 hrs assistance if anything goes wrong with car.
In Oklahoma, we got a sudden flat tire. We quickly pulled to the next exit, and had to stop on the side, called the 24hr assistance. After 20 min, they said they have no one to dispatch...so no help at all. We hired local help to change tire, the spare wasn't a real tire so we had to drive to the next Oklahoma Alamo agency, 50mph..on highway. Then they didn't want to give us another vehicle because they said our vehicle wasn't there...someone had brought it to the back of the building but they were telling me the veheicle is lost, or we didn't bring it... so I called the police.. and then magically they found the vehicle...and gave us another vehicle, a crappy one...seriously? Alamo is going down...no other way

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2018

Severin555,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Carol H.

Se
Jul 30, 2018

Comments

Sep 16, 2018

last July I rent a car from Alamo rental the up grade my car charge insurances I don't ask then the say were obligatory charges. Insurance and other stuff. on line the charge $ 342 . when I arrive the charge $362.i been checking insurances are no obligatory. maybe I lost money they lost a client .I don't know, they commission to desk cleck for every up grade . just asking

Sep 16, 2018