Al Futtaim Motors / Toyota Fortuner 2006 / mishandling & manipulation

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

On 27th May I finally delivered my car for body repair (change of rear bumper; rear part of exhaust pipe & repair a minor damage in the body). I was told that it need 7 working days. Today is 14th of June & my car is still lying in their workshop without repair & GOD knows when this suffering will conclude. This has cost me a great deal of money & anger in addition to great change in family plans.

These people are far from being honest or caring!

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008

On 27th Aug 08 I have finally delivered my car for body repair (change of front bumper & repair the accident minor damage in the front body). I was told that it need 14 working days. The service advisor said if it completes earlier they will call me and inform. i have been calling constantly to find the status but to the vain no one give proper answer. the sarvice advisor Pereira gave me his cell no 055-6103988 to check . i have called him several times but he never pick up the line.Today is 11th of Sept & my car is still lying in their workshop GOD knows what is the status. This has cost me a great deal of money & anger in addition to great change in family plans.

Mine was just 2008 Toyota corolla new model.

Being the leader in automobile industry we humbly request to give attention to your customers, which is lacking in your organization.

• Mo
      8th of Nov, 2008

My new Camry 2008 J-68735) was banged from behind by a minibus when I was standing for a red signal! It went for repairs on 25th August 2008. There was very poor customer service offerred by AL futtaim bodyshop in Rashidiya, with no follow-ups to intimate me about the whereabouts of my car. Their bodyshop tel no 2856406/2855054 are funny as well as irritating to call. No body ever picks up.

After a whole 2 months and 10 days I got a call that my car was ready in the bodyshop. I went a couple od days later to pick it up only to find that it was not washed. The inside was full of dirt and the white body had very tiny brown spots, which I was told "will go in the car wash". When I took my car to the car wash I was adviced to send the car for rubbing and polishing which cost me AED 600/-. I called Al futtaim body shop to seek an explanation as to why the vehicle was mis-handeled and I was assured that the Bodyshop manager would return my call. I have no response till date. I have alreay sufferred a loss of AED 5000/- for renting a car for 2 1/2 months till the car was in the bodyshop.

I have only concluded that Al futtaim motors has lots of "big" businness and clients and they don't care for single-car owners like us. Their staffs have become thick-skinned and shameless and do not heed to any sort of complaint made against them.

If Al futtaim motors are incapable of handling the large amount of Toyota cars in UAE, they should end their monopoly in the market and allow other groups to handle the low budget cars. I hope Abdullah Hamad Al Futtaim and Omar Al Futtaim are listening!