Airtel Telecom / Postpaid Mobile Connection / monopoly of retention department!

1 India Review updated:

I have three airtel postpaid nos. On one Airtel no. [protected], I have much STD usage. I wanted to churn to Hutch but some retention guy named Suresh called me and said that they would be giving me 1000 std min on any airtel no, if I don't churn my Airtel connection. But, nothing given. I contacted 100 times to retention but nobody gave any proper response. One day, a guy named Prakash Mehta called me and said that he is sending my request for approval to get 1000 std min free on airtel nos. Again, nothing given. Finally, one day there was no signal in my mobile and I was getting message on screen as 'Sim registration failed'. I contacted customer support and they told that my no. has been disconnected from Airtel. It was shocking for me as I hadn't given any request for disconnection and suddenly without any prior confirmation, my no. disconnected. I prayed customer care to retain my services and finally after calling 5-6 times, at cust care, my services could be retained. This is how, Airtel retention people take care of their customers. If you will ask them for some facility, they will direct disconnect your no. without letting you know. Now, I am scared talking to retention department for any reason as they can discontinue mobile services and will leave you in the status of shock and frustration.

Comments