Airtel Prepaid Service / bad customer care + ivr

India Review updated:
Hi , I never had any problem with your service overall even though its expensive but its really a nightmare contacting your customer care, i really avoid talking or even calling your toll free numbers. 1)The IVR which you guys have, it doesn't have any easy way to speak to the representative directly and now the VOICE SYSTEM that you have introduced it SUCKS badly, i speak the same exact word again eg CUSTOMER CARE your system doesn't recognize it and it hungs up on me.2)And above all when i m connected after a a lot of hard work the agent of your company puts the cal on hold and disconnects after some time. I wanted airtel live service on my cell from last 10 months now the issue never got resolved and after all the worst exp. which i had with your company (Customer care)i was pissed off and i never called back.... Please ensure customer satisfaction otherwise me and my family will switch over to HUTCH as their Cust service is good. But we don't want to do that as we like airtel. And i m not blaming anyone , just putting forward my suggestion thats it. To implement or not is your wish entirely.

Airtel User

A  11th of Nov, 2007 by
Airtel is a big fraud and cheater to its customers.There are so many complaints made by several customers but still their top managment is continuing to find out new methods of cheating customers.

Everyday Airtel is deducting Rs. 1.50 from my prepaid account (9890517390) and when I called up customer care for this, my service is stopped completely and all my money was sucked by the Airtel Top Management.

It is better to shun AIRTEL.
A  11th of Nov, 2007 by
Can their be any compensation for them whose money was sucked by Airtel.
A  19th of Sep, 2008 by
I too agree with the above complaint. I have a problem with my Airtel prepaid service. Every message i got in my mobile says 'Message Cannot be displayed'. The message from Airtel is reaching me without no problem. Moreover i like to call Airtel prepaid service and i was trying for the past one week. Airtel prepaid service really sucks. When i call the customer service 121, later 1 for language selection and after pressing '198' for customer complaints. To the extreme worst case, there is no one picking up the complaint calls and again the menu tells to choose to know of the balance, tariff and some other think. I too like to switch over to some other mobile operators. Is there any direct numbers to reach customer service.

A  1st of Oct, 2008 by
my milan and I am using your prepaid no 9897616202 from last 3 years but from last 1 month I am facing a problem that my balance is deducting and by a VAS serivice which i didn't activated and your company is charge me for that so solve my problem as soon as possible.
Milan Thap
Dehradun (Uttarakhand
A  5th of Nov, 2008 by
dear sir
I am sorry to complain about your 121 service not responding for talking to executive
N  26th of Nov, 2008 by
my mob no 9731019372 for they cutting me two rupees
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i also agree.. very poor serive
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
it is true the complaint call no 198 is getting diverted to 198..even acomputer tech person cant get the services correctly, how come illiterate people will get proper service.
shame on airtel for its bad customer serivces!
shame on airtel for cheating!
shame on airtel for fraud !

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel