Airtel Prepaid Connection / abnormal deduction of charges

1 India Review updated:

Airtel is famous for abnormal deduction of charges in prepaid connection. Many times i have faced this problem with airtel due to deficiency in service my at least 10 friends have stopped using this service and switched over to other services. I am facing this problem with airtel since 2 years. Every time when i start any new service from airtel there is some abnormal deduction of charges from my account. So since last app. 6 months i have stopped using any other schemes offered by airtel. I use my airtel connection only for making and receiving the calls. This i have to do because my number is at least with 100000 people. So i can't stop using my service and above all. It is very easy to remember. (0) [protected]. Now i am coming to the point. Well i do have two other connections one of them is used by my sister. Earlier yahoo service was active in my account number and it was used by me but afterwards i had stopped using this services since app last four months. Then also charges were deducted from my account. When the charge was deducted from my account for first time from [protected] at that time my sister complained to airtel customer care they promised to deactivate the service and also guided my sister for that procedure and they refunded the amount for the same. Next month again same procedure was repeated. This sequence continued for 3 consecutive months.charge was deducted, they refunded the amount after checking the system with and assurance and guidance that from next month this charge will not be deducted.

Then again the same thing occurred next month. So my sister called upon customer care and they informed that it will be refunded and this service will be deactivated. But afterwards the amount was not credited in my sisters account. So she again called customer care and they told that this time they are not going to refund the amount. My sister was embarrassed with the situation and with their changing attitude and same mistake repeated again and again. So i saw the matter and i found that it was the be unsubscribed from airtel live which i did and at last they are telling that now this service is inactive in my account. Thus due to ignorance of their customer care to guide the customer for unsubscribed of the offer we had to suffer too much of mental stress for a small amount.

Another thing my sister had subscribed for one matrimonial services on airtel live for that usage charge was rs 5/day. She had used this service for only one day and wanted to unsubscribe the thing .so she called the customer care base because there was no option for unsubscribed in that page. They told that you have to stop airtel live services for stopping this service. So we went to bharti house and represented this thing .at that time their customer base told that u can unsubscribe from mobile itself but there was no option for unsubscribe. So he himself had deactivated the service from his computer in my account. Thus there is so much controversy in their statements and most of the time their customer care executives are ignorant about the facts. So my questions is why should we suffer for their ignorance and in coordination.

People beware!

Ji

Comments

• Ra
      2nd of Jul, 2008

Deduction for chatting ID have wrongly been made twice in the month of June, 08. Please de-activate this facility from my connection and stop deducting such charges in future for my connection no.9818490273.

18th of Jul, 2008

My sim card has been blocked due to entering wrong PUK code. There were two options 1. To obtain duplicate sim.2. To get new prepaid connection. For duplicate sim we have to present with a ID proof and a photo. The charge for this is 125Rs. Now we can get a new prepaid connection at the same cost and procedures are also same. So why could some one take a duplicate sim? whose validity is about to end. By buying new sim, We are offered with one and half year validity with 50Rs talktime. This is not fair. So hell with your duplicate connection

• Za
      13th of Oct, 2008

its worst because i am being charged for vas download though i wont do any...worst case is though i own a 1100 handset which does not support any new technology except receiving and making calls...weired right...thats our airtel which can even such ur toe to get if anything is left...

• Ai
      15th of Oct, 2009

Plese de-activate the matrimonials about the job profile from my connection and stop deducting such charges in future for my connection number 9867269512