Airtel Mobile Service / poor service & unprofessional customer handling

1 India Review updated:

Poor Service & Unprofessional Customer handling

I have been an airtel customer for the last 3yrs.

8 months back I got transferred to Delhi. Though I had other options to choose while I was changing my mobile number due to this movement from Chandigarh, I choose to go with airtel.

The satisfaction of using airtel for 3 years changed to dissatisfaction due to poor service & response from airtel Delhi circle.

Please find below my experience with Airtel Delhi Circle-

1. Called customer care on 22nd June 2006 to check what documents were required for getting a new number. Took all those documents to airtel office at Yusuf sarai to apply for a new number, your corporate executive in told that she required more documents.

Why should a customer waste his time because of a mistake made by the company’s customer care?

2. I asked for a specific series of numbers for the executive to choose a number for myself, but she replied rudely “I am not here to give options as per your specifications”.

3. Then on 23rd June, I went to Abacus Centre, southern extension 1, airtel office and spoke to Mr. Shakti and told him my problem who then gave me a number [protected] (h2 sim) and I paid Rs 250 as h2 sim charges and told me that it will be activated within four hours.

4. I got the new number printed on my visiting cards, but the sim didn’t get activated even after 24 hrs.

5. On enquiring, Shakti told me that it will take some more time.

6. On 24th he told me that there is some problem in h2 sim and he gave me a normal sim and told me that it will be activated in few hours, but again it didn’t happen.

7. I used to call daily but no body was ready to listen to my problem.

Do you think in today’s competitive time any Brand can afford to neglect a customer??

8. The story doesn’t end here and I got the shock of my life when I was told that the number was blocked by airtel.

Number blocked even after been issued to me on papers.

9. I had to go to your Okhla industry's main office where I spoke to your executive and I was issued a new number on 4th July ([protected]) and number was activated in 4 hrs.

It took more than 15 days for a Multimillion crore Company to issue 1 phone number to a Customer.
Due to this I had to use my old Punjab number on roaming for 15 days and obviously paid more to airtel. Not to forget, I had to get done my visiting cards again.

Not just this I have been having network problems for the last so many months and every time when I complained, I was told that my phone was faulty. I have been using the phone for quite some time and it doesn’t give problems with any other service provider.

10. To add to my problems, even after payment of my bill for the month of November, which was around Rs 1900(attached) paid to your executive Mr. Deepak Kumar on 22nd December, but I didn’t get confirmation of payment. My network got disconnected on 27th and the reason told to me was non payment of fee which was not true.

11. On 1s Jan 2007 called customer care but the number was not activated. I was told that payment of Rs 1400 has been received but I had paid Rs1900 (May be executive Deepak pocketed the money).

12. On 3rd Jan, my phone was again disconnected. I called customer care again and they again said my bill has not been paid, which irritated me a lot.

13. Again on 4th Jan my phone was disconnected.

14. On 5th I had to go to okhla centre again where I spoke to Ms. Sethi( Lobby Manager) she made me wait for 45 minutes, then she activated my phone and told me that she will check with their audit dep’t and promised me that no late fee will be charged and gave me her number and extension. But when I received bill, there was late fee of Rs 75 was added in it, so I called her but she never pick my phone then I again visited your abacus center again talk with Mr. shakti he told me to pay amount less late fee( I pay the amount of 1100/-).

15. In the Jan bill I have been charged double rental. (Airtel costumer care executive told me again this has happened due to late payment of bill). Then I called on your costumer care number where I spoke to Priya (in Costumer care) and she told me to pay amount less 125, and told she will make adjustments but it didn’t happen. I called the costumer care again, no but the executive didn’t forward my call to senior persons and made me hold the phone for more than 25mins.

I have really lost faith in Airtel because of the above mentioned incidents & I think I am not valued by Airtel as a customer.

I really can’t take this anymore.

Comments

• Vi
      6th of Jun, 2007
    Airtel Mobile Service - Airtel service really a bullshit!
    India

Inspite of many telephone calls to resume my mobile service 9867741248 which has been disconnected since 7 to 8 days are over. After complaining at the customer help desk and myself and my brother in law personally visited airtel office at peninsula tower lower parel, mumbai. They told it will be resume within 24 hours.

But not yet started. I don't know who this peoples are work. Airtel service really a ###.

• Pr

The Customer Care Dept.
    Bharti Airtel Ltd.
    New Delhi.

Sir,

Re : Roaming not working properly on my mobile no. 9810101473( Prepaid).

This is to bring to your notice that while I am outside Delhi your roaming facility does not work properly on my above mentioned mobile no.

Instances I will bring to your notice when it did not work :

1. On 8th of Dec. I went to Bangkok with this mobile . Immediately on landing I tried to contact and changed to all the service network providers over there. I was only receiving the incoming calls on two service providers over there , but was not able to do any outgoing call.
    During the visit there( Bangkok), my daughter carried her Airtel connection having no. 9810066153 and no problem was there in her connection. Both incoming and outgoing were possible.

2. On 25th Dec. 2007 I went to Jaipur from Delhi. The outgoing on the mobile was there till Bawana ( Haryana) after which outgoing calls were not possible and only incoming calls were coming. This continued till Shahpur (Rajasthan) and after that again both outging and incoming became normal.. I tried to manually search for other service providers during this time and only one other service provider i.e. Oasis was in the search list. I tried to switch my phone to Oasis but service provider did not change and only Airtel was coming even after the switchover.

Interesting I again this time too I had an alternative Airtel Mobile No. 9810066153 (Prepaid) of my daughter with me and there was no problem at all in that connection

I returned to Delhi today i.e. on 26th Dec. 2007 , and while returning on the same strech as
    mentioned above i.e. from Shahpura (Rajasthan ) to Bawana ( Haryana) on the Delhi -
    Jaipur highway a distance of around 60/70 kms., my mobile no.9810101473 did not have
    the outgoing facility while the other no. 9810066153 did not have any problem at all.

Please rectify the fault on my mobile no. 9810101473 permanently, so that I do not face this problem again.

ACTIVATE THE ROAMING PROPERLY FOR BOTH IMCOMING & OUTGOING FOR INDIA & ABROAD PERMANENTLY ON MY MOBILE NO. 9810101473.

Pradip Jain

• Mo
      2nd of Apr, 2008

Dear,
    This is Mohmmed Aarif. And I Am from pali
    rajasthan 306401. I am Your Airtel Reguler User. i
    Have Any Cannection your airtel and this no. is +91
    99503-22787 and +91 98292 93786(life time) cannection.
    and both cannection u are alot any other custmer. i
    have already pay both nomber. please cheque this maill
    and give me answer fastly. I wait your maill today and
    Please call me inform my Deatial my another no. +91
    92144 82373. other wise i have any action by court.

Thanx And Regards,
    Ph. +91 92144 82373

• Am
      4th of Oct, 2008

Dear sir,

I got a mobile connection from Sep 1st week.But the connection disconnected on 01.10.2008 without any information.
    i contacted to customer care for the disconnection detail quary.He said that my address verification it's comes under wronge.The address is my own house last 15 year we are in the same house.

I am summited my raction card, Driving license and mY company Id.

My Air tel mobile no is -9003979111.
    Pls give your reply to my mail id or my mobile no-9942027278.

Due to my company all are get airtel line connection under CUG.
    pls recovery this no as earlier.

I contact to madurai airtel person for this issue.He said that no no response to my higher officals.I also spoken to your officers thro costumer care he was not accepted it.

With warm regards
    A.Muthu kumar
    9942027278.

• Sh
      16th of Oct, 2008

I am being wrongly charged for gprs service for my mobile bill : 9960678681

Which i am not going to pay

and from last 6 month i am facing network problem, which is not solved

Shrikant
    9890348257 /9423201735

• Sh
      16th of Oct, 2008

Lots and lots of network problem
    9960678681 and wrong mobile charges in my bill

Shrikant

29th of Oct, 2008

hello customer care dept

Urgent Attention

My airtel no. 9971918737 cannot get receiving calls from many numbers, sometimes from landlines of airtel and trump etc.

Please help me as it is creating a huge problem.

regards

noni

• Na
      2nd of Jan, 2009

dear sir,
    this is naresh dixit s/o girraj dixit and i am from vpo bhanswali faridabad. my number is 9818046061. sir i am convered our number from prepaid to postpaidon the date of 28/11/2008 and my recipt no is 429. i want to say that my number is not activated for last 32 days. so i request to you to activate my number soon otherwise i was complant in consumer court.

regard

15th of Mar, 2012
    Airtel Mobile Service - deduction of balance without any reasons
    airtel
    India

company activates the different packs without customer's permisson and then deducts the amount and after complains also they just know to say "sorry... we can't remitt your balance" and their customer care executives are also not ready to understand they just trained to say sorry aap ka din subh rahey and airtel me call karne ke liye sukhriya etc...