Airtel Mobile / Online Recharge / recharge transaction failure!

1 India Review updated:

I was trying to recharge mobile through online banking-hdfc with an amount '222' for top -up in Airtel number - [protected]. And Recharge was unsuccessful with the Transaction ID: [protected]. I had queries to a customer care person ('Ranjit') for clarification. But he told, he could not able to do anything. And query will be logged for 7 days to get money back or to make recharge successful. Got response in rude ways.

I had never thought, customer care person are responding in this way. Trying to get recharge in my mobile. But i feel... Airtel is not providing full services to its customer.

Thanks,
Sangeeta.

Comments

• Sr
      10th of Jan, 2007

You right sangeetha, I also had the same experience with airtel customer care

• Dr
      12th of Feb, 2007

I agree with your review. I also had the same experience.

• Sr
      8th of Jun, 2007

I had the same experience... My airtel no. has a lifetime validity... So whenever i do topups with recharge coupons am able to say 198 it is 166/- but when i tried doing topup through hdfc online prepaid refill... i got only 40 rs.

When i tried doing for 150/- i recd 50/-+ thats all... where all these money going?

I thought may be after few days i will get the amount reimbursed like how they do for recharge coupons... so i kept waited... more than 6 times i recharged... but till today i understood by this the bank and the mobile provider joining hands together and cheat the customers... will anyone look into it...

Best part is neither the bank nor the airtel they are not displaying the information ie. recharge amount, and talk time value , taxes etc..

Can anyone explain!

• Mo
      27th of Jul, 2007

I agreed 100% to you. I am an NRI, from Dubai. I came for my vacation to India last month. They offered some plans and I got only some unfair response from them.

• Ga
      24th of Aug, 2007

I agree!

• Aa
      2nd of Sep, 2007

I do not know about the recharge thing, but the customer service of Airtel is really not up-to the mark. if at last you get through the silly voice based service (which is so slow) you can hardly get to speak to a customer care executive.

• Sh
      7th of Sep, 2007

I just recharged on net, I did not get any SMS confirming the top up, but when I checked my balance, it was increased by the amount which I had recharged by...

28th of Sep, 2007

plz recharge my mobile phone

• Ad
      3rd of Oct, 2007

oh my god...! really she's right.. very disgusting experience 4me 4 of executive of cust care didn't even explain prperly....... i liked airtel now a days.. gettin degraded...

1st of Nov, 2007

Well I have too Airtel connection one of MH and the other of MP, CG I has several such bad experience with the customer care people my MPCG no is number 9893199333 in this no their is some services tagged DVMS15MP this service keeps on renewing every month and rs 15 is debited 2 my ac .

I had faced one more problem that when the C care executive does not understand my problem they simply hang up the phone...

If you people wish you can call or sms me on my 99333 no!!!

• Sw
      20th of Nov, 2007

I was trying to topup my mother's SIM card sitting here in UK but scanning all the above comments I would recommend her to recharge her BSNL card instead and use it on regular basis.

Would also ensure that she should minimize her Airtel card usage as much as feasible.

• Pi
      9th of Dec, 2007

I am facing a problem of recharging a top up on my Airtel mobile and I am not able to talk to customer care of Airtel it show the poor service of Airtel also I want to know the mobile number of mine.

• Pr
      13th of Dec, 2007

These all are cheater.

• Pk
      28th of Dec, 2007

I cant recharge my airtel no. online in Chennai.Its showin invalid mob no.
    My no . is 9952035041

• Ra
      2nd of Jan, 2008

i am custm. of air, my phone no on ,nom,9766207019

• Ta
      6th of Jan, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

This to inform you that I am experiencing unnecessary deduction from my prepaid mobile account No: 9998550566. It is learnt that this amount is deducted for BOL BOL PACK which is not activated by me at all. At first I noticed this deduction (Rs. 17 /) by end Nov-07 and same was reported to Air Tel . I am pleased to inform you that the amount was refunded, after a constant follow up, and a message was received on 07.12.07 from Air Tel. Again I found that an amount is deducted (Rs 34/) and same was brought to the notice of Air Tel and I was informed to send a message “usub- bol-55456” . Accordingly I forwarded the request and I received the message that “plan is not active.” on 01.01.2008. Again I find that Rs 17 deducted and I was told that I forwarded the message without the space between usub and bol hence it is not deactivated. I contacted Air Tel on 07.01.2008 and I was told to forward the message keeping the space in between usub and bol and message received from Air Tel that plan is deactivated.
    From the above you will notice that the amount is getting deducted for no fault of mine and today no amount is left to call anybody from my mobile. Would you please look into the matter so that I get back the deducted amount without further delay? I confirm having forwarded the message by e mail to 121@airtel.com but in vain.

Regards,
    Tarasankar Ghosh
    Cell no- 9998550566

• Ka
      10th of Apr, 2008

You are absolutely right sangita, though my case is a bit different but airtel coustomer care is despicable & deplorable My airtell no is 9931175390 With lifetime validity two months ago i lost my SIM I Intimeted this to airtel jamshedpur they locked my sim but when I asked them for a replacement SIM they told me to check after a month .When i got there after a month they rather sugested that a get a new number than waste my time for the old one.But wen i insisted they advised me to contact their dealer Sudarshan enterprises Jamshedpur wen i contacted them they said we dont provide SIM
    Now i don know where to go I'm an NRI I barely stay a month or two in india and i utterly need that number not because their services are good but because I left that number with my friends in UK
    I think there should be some statutory body here in india also to deal with suchconsumer grievances.I would also recccomend people who are planing to get a SIM or change their SIM which is very difficult to opt for PUBLIC SECTOR TELECOME SERVICE PROVIDERS atlest the don't cheat people

• Ke
      11th of Apr, 2008

No, instead of going to recharge with bank website, im doing recharge from www.fastrecharge.com, because bank is doing busy with many work.

• Sv

PLEAS CHEK !!!
    THANKS...

• Yo
      20th of May, 2008

The worst service n company dealers < missbehaviers, usein other indentity and allotting number to the others, the cheap mentainlity, no custmer service number . today i found my cell has been blocked due to some farmalties of papers but i sent them twise . and now going to put a case in consumer form better to teach them a lesson .
    yogendra sharma