Airtel - Kerala Circle / poor network coverage

1 India Review updated:

Im an airtel customer. Im in the kerala circle. My local network coverage is under 'valakkadu' tower (In trivandrum district) situated hardly 2kms away from my home. But the status of airtel coverage on my mobile is very poor that I misses many important calls. I experience disturbance while calls. Whereas other networks offers full coverage there. I have been airtel customer for the past 6 years. Hope they will read this this and multiply the signal strength under this tower I mentioned.

Comments

Ma
  28th of May, 2008

Dear Air tel,

Iam an NRI . Now i am in Benin ( west africa), but my family is in kollam ( Kerala state) . 26-05-2008 my family got an ugly call from one of your customer ( 9995427108) but he din't tell his name.

can you people give me the details of the above number.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Manjulal

Dr
  12th of Jun, 2008

I am currently having BSNL connection and at times it is worse than any service. My son has Airtel .Iknow how happy he is .But i want to know what are the difernt plans availble under pre paid set up. I also would like to main tian one connection with Airtel.But before that I want oget all the details of the plans.Friends plan and how to make gulf calls cheap etc. kindly send one e- mail with alldetisal so that I will decide which plan i should take
thanking u and expecting a reply
Dr.SAM

Ho
  3rd of Jul, 2009

The airtel is providing range upto 2 kms from the tower. in case of indoor coverage, it is 1 km. So ur problem may be solved only by a new tower. so call 121 and register ur complaint.

Si
  31st of Aug, 2009

dear airtel,

there is no coverage at thumpamon in pathanamthitta district, kerala.

please do it clearly my problem

thanking you,

mathews

4th of Sep, 2009

My name is Ajith, from Sreekanteswaram, near East Fort, Trivandrum. I've been using Airtel's Post Paid connection for more than 6 years, I've registered a couple of Complaints on the Network Coverage issue. These complaints are still in open stage, now I am what going to tell you is, we've planned a small tour to a local hill station called 'Ponmudi' which is a well known tourist spot. It was on this Onam time, just before reaching the hill top, my bike got punctured, the time was about 4.30pm in the evening. The only possible medium for help that time was my mobile, but it was so sad to realise that there is no coverage for Airtel. I cant make a call, request support, totally shocked situation. I remember the last tower I got signal was from the tower located at 'Vithura', which is about 20Km away from Ponmudi Hiltop, the roads are full of hairpin curves and slippery too. It was a rainy evening, so the temperature was I think touching minus. What to telll you more, finally I've used 112 (emergency call) and connected to Ponmudi Police Station and requested help. They've called a Mobile Puncture-work unit (note the number 9495 271745) and they've reached there by 9.00pm night. In fact, I had to wait over 2 hours to request help even when a Postpaid connection in my hand. Anyway for God sake, I've managed to reach home by 11.30pm night. Actually BSNL is the only operator has got coverage there in Punmudi region. I found that people for over 20 sq kilometer is using only BSNL mobile connection. I've already told you that I've suffered a lot last day, now decided to terminate my existing Airtel mobile connection and take BSNL. I dont know why they are not aware of the fact that lots and lots of people coming to Ponmudi, it will be higher in the coming months as it gets coldy and still not searching out the feasibility to install a tower anywhere there. They can divert many customers by inviting to Airtel if they've proved good coverage. Huh, unfortunately I've forced to take the bold & difficult decision to discontinue with Airtel as I dont want to take a chance further.

Good Luck Airtel.

Bye,
Ajith

Di
  7th of Dec, 2011

hai i am priyeshnatel, posting this regarding airtel net work problem considering other networks, iam using airtel last 8 years getting zero problems, but now a days giving range problems lot, i complaint, but no response, the problem is in MOKERI, VATAKARA, KOZHIKODE, KERALA, so if u r planning to do any steps pls do fast
contact mobil-9895845795
thanking you
priyesh natel

26th of Dec, 2012

Hai Airtel
iam ajumal, i loves airtel network but the internet speed is very slow...in kerala ernakulam near stadium when i go to idukki there network is vannappuram but iam in kaliyar ther is no airtel signal pls improve network (eg; like idea)network also improve gprs speed into 40kb/s...

26th of Dec, 2012

Hi iam ajumal
i love airtel but in gprs and network speed the speed is slow in ernakulam. idukki kaliyar airtel network coverage is slow when airtel there the customers will increase hei airtel pls come to indias no.1 network.keralas best network.will be no.1

Sa
  6th of Feb, 2014

Hi,
my name is sajid.i have been an airtel user since 2009 using 9567122534.sir, my problem is gprs speed problem only under my area(calicut civil station tower).when i reached another tower the speed was normal.but in my area speed is very slow.pls try to resolve my issue.

Mi
  14th of May, 2014

my name midhun my contact number 9400411946 my email id midhunbose123@gmail.com i request you in kottayam district pala in payappar the airtel network is very poor many customers are requested you you fix the new tower in payappar