Airtel India / delay in sending the bill and charging huge interest

1 India Review updated:

I had an airtel connection in Hyderabad in 2006. In September I had to leave Hyderabad due to a death in my family and relocate back to my native place. I contacted the Airtel CC to e-mail me by Bill but it was not done, inspite of having my e-mail id. I tried several time in the past to get my bill amount but to no avail- the fact that I did not remember my number also added to my woes and no body was able to help me.

After 9 months, I got a call last week from Airtel Hyderabd saying that my outstanding amount is Rs 8793. I was shocked because the amount was not so high. They are not sending me the itemized bill also. I would like airtel to look into the matter and mail me my itemized bill with the complete bill amount so that i can make the payment at the earliest. However I will not be making any interest payment because there has been a delay from Airtel's end in sending me the bill and not from my end. Airtel cannot just call people after 9 months charging them a humongous amount knowing very well that the delay has been from their end.

If this matter is not looked into, I will have to register my complaints to major news papers and magazines in India and also with the Consumer Grievance cell.

Thanks
Sharda

Comments

• St
      10th of Jul, 2007

Mobile No.9845014983. We have not received the Bill for the Month of July-07, I had contacted all means to get a duplicate from Airtel but in vain as the due date is on 9/7/07 I had approached the Airtel again on 11/7/07 & it is told has been resent we will get the Bill in 24 Hrs.as the Bill Amt. is Too High Accounts want be able to pay without supporting. I don't understand why is it so difficult to get a duplicate Bills we will not pay the Bills until we get a copy.

Regards
    Stephen

• Je
      1st of May, 2008

Hi can u plz send me my itemized bill as soon as possible

• Je
      1st of May, 2008

hi

can you please send me my itemized bill as soon as possible

thanks

• Pa
      27th of May, 2008

plz send itemized bill for april08. i hope u send me earlier.my mobile no. 9790044340