Airtel India / delay in sending the bill and charging huge interest
I had an airtel connection in Hyderabad in 2006. In September I had to leave Hyderabad due to a death in my family and relocate back to my native place. I contacted the Airtel CC to e-mail me by Bill but it was not done, inspite of having my e-mail id. I tried several time in the past to get my bill amount but to no avail- the fact that I did not remember my number also added to my woes and no body was able to help me.
After 9 months, I got a call last week from Airtel Hyderabd saying that my outstanding amount is Rs 8793. I was shocked because the amount was not so high. They are not sending me the itemized bill also. I would like airtel to look into the matter and mail me my itemized bill with the complete bill amount so that i can make the payment at the earliest. However I will not be making any interest payment because there has been a delay from Airtel's end in sending me the bill and not from my end. Airtel cannot just call people after 9 months charging them a humongous amount knowing very well that the delay has been from their end.
If this matter is not looked into, I will have to register my complaints to major news papers and magazines in India and also with the Consumer Grievance cell.
More Airtel India Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - barred outgoing calls to other networks
- Bharti Airtel - my sim has been allotted to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - services
- Airtel - for massage not out last one year
- Airtel Secure - airtel secure