Airasia / low quality customer service. useless credit shell
I used the edreams website to book an airasia flight from singapore to bangkok, booking number xdklsz. I got the wrong date caused by a glitch on their booking system, instead of 04/11/2015 (In the us=april 11, 2015) I got november 04, 2015
I corrected immediately the error with airasia online (Following edreams instructions) and then I contacted airasia customer service through chat, phone (Really hard to understand the english spoken by their cs representatives) they kept telling me the fine for changing the date had to be processed, etc. I explained to them this was a technical error, not mine, and I proved them I was telling the truth by sending our hotel reservation in singapore (Check-out date april 11, 2015) in the end I got this e-mail: "... We understand about your matter, we considered as a special case and we are pleased to offer you to keep credit shell for change fee sgd50.00 per person for booking number xdklsz
Kindly refer to the credit shell condition as below.
The balance left will be the amount for you to utilize on the following options:
· make new bookings, pre-booked meals and baggage
· make changes to an existing bookings, pre-booked meals and baggage"
When we tried to use the credit shell to pay for our luggage on the singapore-bangkok flight, airasia told us we couldn't because this has to be done online, not at the airport ???
So now we have a credit shell we can't use because it's going to expire on july 9 and we returned to ny on april 27. By the time we (Finally!!) got it all our flights in se asia had been booked with different airlines (Bangkok airways and nok have an impeccable in-flight service, btw) , despite the fact that airasia customer service reps were informed repeatedly that we were willing to book with airasia again if they solved this issue.
Don't fly with this airline, there's plenty of choice out there and you can find terrific deals for flights in se asia (Very impressed!) not all low-cost carriers have such low-quality customer service, jetblue is way better than airasia, big time! Airasia charges you for everything, as you can imagine, they don't even give you a single glass of water. I find that really stinky.
More Airasia Complaints & Reviews
- Airasia - it's a pain to call airasia 
- Air Asia - buying travel insurance - think again 
- Air Asia - poor customer service 
- Airasia Go Holiday Package - Slow Refund, bad customer service, low credibility 
- Air Asia - air asia go holiday package 
- Airasia - my credit aud419 not utilised to pay the booking and credit forfeited
- Airasia - d7523 hanada to kl airasia x flight inconsiderate steward and stewardess
- Air Asia - air ticket
- Airasia - apps service for change flight date
- Airasia - complaint regarding tampering in luggage baggage