Airasia / low quality customer service. useless credit shell

1 37-28 80th StNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6465009685

I used the edreams website to book an airasia flight from singapore to bangkok, booking number xdklsz. I got the wrong date caused by a glitch on their booking system, instead of 04/11/2015 (In the us=april 11, 2015) I got november 04, 2015

I corrected immediately the error with airasia online (Following edreams instructions) and then I contacted airasia customer service through chat, phone (Really hard to understand the english spoken by their cs representatives) they kept telling me the fine for changing the date had to be processed, etc. I explained to them this was a technical error, not mine, and I proved them I was telling the truth by sending our hotel reservation in singapore (Check-out date april 11, 2015) in the end I got this e-mail: "... We understand about your matter, we considered as a special case and we are pleased to offer you to keep credit shell for change fee sgd50.00 per person for booking number xdklsz

Kindly refer to the credit shell condition as below.

The balance left will be the amount for you to utilize on the following options:

· make new bookings, pre-booked meals and baggage

· make changes to an existing bookings, pre-booked meals and baggage"

When we tried to use the credit shell to pay for our luggage on the singapore-bangkok flight, airasia told us we couldn't because this has to be done online, not at the airport ???

So now we have a credit shell we can't use because it's going to expire on july 9 and we returned to ny on april 27. By the time we (Finally!!) got it all our flights in se asia had been booked with different airlines (Bangkok airways and nok have an impeccable in-flight service, btw) , despite the fact that airasia customer service reps were informed repeatedly that we were willing to book with airasia again if they solved this issue.

Don't fly with this airline, there's plenty of choice out there and you can find terrific deals for flights in se asia (Very impressed!) not all low-cost carriers have such low-quality customer service, jetblue is way better than airasia, big time! Airasia charges you for everything, as you can imagine, they don't even give you a single glass of water. I find that really stinky.

Ja
May 11, 2015

Comments

• Ls
      30th of Sep, 2014
    Airasia - delay getting refund for cancelled flight
    Australia

Originally cancelled our flight on the 9th Sept, we accepted the refund they offered. Now 1st Oct and still no refund. They said they would expedite again today.. Yeah right, they are just jerking us around rather than refunding our money in a timely fashion.

• Fy
      22nd of Nov, 2014
    Airasia - Bag drop counter
    Airasia
    Kuala Lumpur
    Malaysia

Airasia only have 2 counters for bag drop. We have to queue for one hour + to put the luggage bags. What is the reason for web check in then?
    Please hire more staffs to get more counters to open.

Thanks

• Ed
      14th of May, 2015

@Jacqueline Sato

Dear Jacqueline,

Sorry for hearing such unpleasant experience with Air Asia

If you have other questions regarding Edreams please don't hesitate to contact again the agent who was in charge of you case

Kind regards,