Air India Express / service and penalty fee

5 Singapore

My name is Jeyanthi Mala and I accidentally booked a ticket from Singapore to Chennai (Booking Ref: RKLLRS) yesterday (26/8/2018 at approximately 8.00 am) when my final destination was Trichy. I realized my mistake a few minutes after the transaction was completed. I contacted the customer service hotline and was informed that there will be a penalty fee of SGD90.00 which I thought was unfair since it was a mistake. So request the matter to be escalated to a person who could make a decision and was informed that there were no such person. I should contact the office the following day should I wasn't to speak to an officer.

When I contacted the customer support on 27/8/2018, my call was handled by Srinath. He kept telling me that it is the penalty policy but was not able to clarify the reasoning for the policy. The travel date is 7/9/2018 and I realized my mistake and yet the penalty was not being able to be waived off. He informed me at first that I was to pay SGD90.00 and later, when the cancellation was authorized by me, he informs that another SGD 18 (hidden charge) will be charged. I am rather disappointed that Air India Express' senior staff member is unable to provide full and complete information before a transaction takes place.

During our discussion, he also threatened that if I do not cancel today, I will have to bear the total cost of the ticket. Is this how Air India Express handles its customers. This is poor form.

I am truly disappointer that I have to pay the penalty fee, the web service fee and most all having to deal with an employee who did not have the authority to deal with my concern.

Je