Air Asia / refund request qualified by customer service but rejected by finance dept

Philippines

Re: compaint for refund processing for booking id jecixh and case id reference cas-1833547-qkj1ck.

My booking number is jecixh for 2 apr from clark manila to kul for two passengers - archana kotadia and malikkhan kotadia. I have asked for a refund for this booking on 17 march, which has been denied / rejected by the finance team. Case number for the same is cas-1833547-qkj1ck.
I am not okay with this rejection of the refund request as I was told by the customer service through whom I made the request for refund that my booking was qualified for full refund to my credit card not once but twice on two days by two different agents. They confirmed that my refund request was eligible / qualified and would be processed and I would get a confirmation of the same by email soon and then the refund to my credit card account in 15-30 days. Nowhere in the conversation was there a question mark on the refund - it was a done deal and only needed to be acknowledged and confirmed by the finance team and then processed by the bank.
The confirmations given to me by customer service have been checked into by the supervisor at that call centre and she confirmed that they told me that my booking was qualified for refund and that I would get the same in my account in 30 days, finance team doesn’t seem to agree. But I as a consumer / customer cannot suffer because the customer service and finance team are not on the same page.
Air asia needs to go through with the commitment made to me by their own customer service team. Hence give me a full refund to my credit card account for the amount of the booking.
I have been talking to customer service at philippines on this issue since 16 march and below are the details of those conversations and what has happened since.
I received two emails from air asia on changing the flight times of my flight. This was not convenient for me anymore.
Hence I called up the call centre @ philippines [protected] to find out what my options were.
Call 1 - call date - march 16, time around 2pm. Agent spoen to - darah agent id - xag 01134
I told her I had a problem with the new flight timings and wanted to know if refund was an option.
I asked if there was any way to get a refund since the flight times had been changed. She put me on hold for 2-3 mins I think and then came back and send the booking was elgible / qualified for refund.
I confirmed this again with her. Then I asked how would this refund be? Can I get a refund back to my credit card account as I don’t want a credit in my air asia account.
She again checked and confirmed after some hold time that it can be done to both air asia account and to credit card but the second option would take around 30 days for the credit to show in my bank.
I told her I will think about it and call back.
Call 2 - call date - march 17, time around 11.30am. Agent spoen to - kiara - agent id - xag 01136
I told her I wanted to refund basis my conversation the day before with darah and wanted the refund to be done to my credit card account.
Kiara told me she will check the details and check I this can be done. She came back after a long hold and told me that my booking mentioned above was eligible / qualified for the refund. She again told me that I had two refund options - credit to air asia account for upto 90 days or credit back to credit card account which will take 30 days.
I confirmed my preference for refund to my credit card account which was used for the booking. She told me I will get a confirmation of the refund processing by finance team within 1-3 days.
At the end of this I asked her for a reference number or a email immediately confirming that my refund request has been submitted. She told me she cant do that since the email has to come from finance team which processes the refund. I said ok then give me a reference number which corresponds to the refund request processed by you and confirmed as being qualified.
In this conversation there was no where a question about whether this refund request was legit / qualified or not. It was a done deal as per kiara. It was only upto finance to process the same and confirm the same.
I still insisted on a reference number as I am aware that usually any request should be given one in customer service. She checked about this for quite some time and then finally came back and gave me a case id - cas-[protected]-xp07. I took that down along with her name and agent id as she couldn’t give me her complete name and I wanted to be able to find the right kiara incase I had an issue.

I got off the phone with the clear understanding that I now have to wait 30 days or the refund in my bank credit card account. And went ahead and made new bookings with other airline for my travel which was more convenient to me than what the revised schedule of air asia was giving me.

So when on march 17 I got the email from air asia rejecting my refund request I was surprised, shocked and upset.
I went through the mail and went on airasia.com to check the details on my booking page. There was no reason given. It just said that if there were any queries I should click on contact us. I did that and was guided to a page with many options - a feedback form or a call to many call service centres around the globe. I decided to call the customer care centre at philippines again & ndash; esp since they were the ones who had confirmed my refund to me and I wanted to know what happened suddenly.

Hence I called them yet again - this is a long story & ndash; hope u have the patience.
Call 3 - call date - march 17, time around approx 3.15 pm. Agent spoken to - jazz - agent id - xag 01143
I told her about my issue. Asked if I could speak with kiara - she told me that’s not possible but she can help me. I narrated the whole story I detailed above to her and asked to be given my refund.
She told me that was not possible since the number of hours of flight change was not sufficient for a valid refund request. This was the first time I had heard this. I am not the one who knows the rules of air asia. But I expect the cutomer service to know when they made a commitment to me telling me my booking was qualified for refund.
I was not okay with options she was giving me other than refund to card account as I told her I had already made bookings elsewhere. I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor. After about 30 mins o f conversationa and holding with jazz I was connected to her supervisor & ndash; fiona

Call 4-transferrred to supervisor for escalation - call date - march 17, time around approx 3.45 pm. Agent spoken to - fiona - agent id - xag 01160
I spoke with fiona gave her all the details I have written above and how both her agents told me that my booking was qualified etc etc and that I needed my refund as I no longer was ok with rebooking.
She told me she would investigate and call back within 24 - 48 hours. I confirmed if that included the weekend - she told me yes and that she was working the whole weekend.
She confirmed that mostly by sunday march 18 3.45pm or latest by monday march 19 3.45 pm she would call me back with the resolution and investigation result.
I waited and waited all day sunday and monday till 2pm but I didn’t get any call back at all fromfiona as promised. So I called again.

Call 5-call date - march 19, time around approx 2 pm. Agent spoken to - I don’t remember her name any more and I didn’t write down as I asked for fiona - agent id - xag 01160
I was told by the agent that fiona was busy and was working on my investigation on the refund and would get back soon. I asked her when and she said soon in half hour or so.

I waited and waited again and did not get any call & ndash; by this time I was getting angry as the customer service supervisor was not honoring her commitments made to me.
I called back again at 4pm - 48 hours after my escalation to the supervisor and beyond the time she had asked for to resolve my case.
Call 6 - call date - march 19, time around approx 4 pm. Agent spoken to - I don’t remember her name any more and I didn’t write down as I asked for fiona - agent id - xag 01160
I called again at 4pm and after much arguing with a customer service agent and being told for 15 mins how fiona was so busy and will get back to m later - I insisted to speak to her and finally was put through to her. Her response was that she was not able to complete the investigation in the last 48 hours and would get back to me without fail before 7pm.
I told her hope this time she keeps her promise and she told me she definitely would. She called me at around 5pm with options same as what was given on 17th march in evening when I escalated the case and I told her I am not okay with that but want my credit card refund only as it was confirmed and promised by the customer service agents kiara and darah. She told me she is escalating to senior management and will get back to me by 7pm same day.

Again I waited and waited and didn’t get a call back so at 8 pm tired and fed up and upset and angry I called the number for customer service for air asia in philippines once more.
After begging and demanding to speak with fiona for 15 minsutes she finally came on line & ndash; from her many important jobs and busy schedule of everything other than meeting the promise and commitment she made to me.
She told me she cant do anything anymore but I should fill the e form on the air asia website. But on my questioning she confirmed that during her investigation she was able to confirm that both kiara and darah had told me that my booking id was qualified for refund and that I would get my refund to my credit card account in 30 days. But she cannot help me !! Ha ha ha
This was an astounding response and shocking and made me very upset and angry but what could I do. So here I am wirting here.
I want my rerfund to my credit card account and want it immediately!!
Very disappointed customer - archana kotadia

Ak