Air Asia / online booking
I booked a flight via the airasia website from tokyo haneda to kuala lumpur (booking number e1t6qy).
I selected the option to supersize my baggage and opted for the xtra large option which allows upto 30kg per passenger for a fee of 4, 000yen (around 50usd) per person.
After making the booking and the payment by card I realized that I might not require 30 kg per passenger (total 3 passengers) and modified my booking to reduce the baggage allowance to large (2 passengers) and medium (1 passenger).
The difference in the amount was 11, 000 yen (around 135usd) and was expecting this amount to be refunded. but to my surprise airasia did not refund the amount but in the amended booking showed the 11, 000yen as spoilage fee.
I did not understand what the spoilage fee was about and called the call centre in tokyo and explained my problem. the agent informed me that there will be no refund.
It's outrageous that airasia allows downsizing the baggage but not refunding the excess amount. I checked their terms and conditions and there is no mention of no refund for baggage change.
I was not aware that airasia was a fraud of a company until I chanced on this website and saw the numerous customer complaints. looks like airasia does not give a damn about the customer.
More Air Asia Complaints & Reviews
- Airasia - it's a pain to call airasia 
- Air Asia - buying travel insurance - think again 
- Air Asia - poor customer service 
- Airasia Go Holiday Package - Slow Refund, bad customer service, low credibility 
- Air Asia - air asia go holiday package 
- Airasia - oversold seats by airasia
- Airasia - poor service and dirty plane on flight
- Airasia - fraudulent, bogus and unauthorized charges to credit cards!!!
- Airasia - airasia app 
- Air Asia - delay flight