Air Asia / most unhelpful and looting attitude

1 Malaysia Review updated:

A painful experience with air asia in klcc - 6 sep 2010

Having seen a lot of attraction in media and in the web I have booked a return passage for my family of 3 (Includes 4 year old baby girl) from brunei & ndash; kl & ndash; kolkata, and have paid the required fare as per airlines policy, eg; extra baggage over 15 kgs, selecting your choice of seat, ordering your meal etc etc. For your information, I have travelled approximately around 30 years now with several airlines, but with air asia it was my first trip and will be the final one. To be more accurate, we have extra baggage and have paid for the excess baggage fare in kolkata without any concession so far (As other airlines provides for travelling in a group or a family). The following day ie; mon 6 sep 2010 have booked (3 months in advance in may 10) for kl & ndash; brunei at 1310 hrs, now, here begins the real policy of air asia and its’ miserable management, unhelpful and how to make money attitude of its’ staff. I along with my family checked-in well in advance at 1130 hrs (Flt time 1310 hrs and boarding time 1230 hrs printed in our boarding pass) in & lsquo;drop in baggage’ counter & lsquo;s 14’ where I was asked to pay myr 160 for 7kgs + excess baggage. As our boarding time approached I along with my family had to go through & lsquo;security check’ where all passengers of & lsquo;mixed flights’ being checked (Or harassed!!) , where they were four of them checking passengers & lsquo;hand baggages’, and we were interrupted and told to re-check one of the hand baggage which they said & lsquo;over sized’, I then along with my friend rushed to counter & lsquo;s 14’ where a very rude and unhelpful lady was attending passengers, as our flight was announcing boarding time I had to skip the line and requested this unhelpful lady to check-in my so called oversize hand baggage who flatly refused and asked me to stay in queue. By the time when my turn came, she said gate is closed for brunei flight, then I complained to her, that if she has done it earlier it would not have happened. I then had no alternative and had to run through the security and immigration carrying my baggages and my baby girl bathed with sweats, as I gone through the procedures, my flight has left us behind. I complained to many officers on duty, all said it was all my fault that left us behind. Here I wish to express few of the points that other airlines follow that we know for flying with them many years. Firstly, as all other airlines, air asia should assume that checked-in passengers are already in the terminal and may be going through problem and must look for them, as all the details of checked-in passengers are already exists in their system. This they did not bother to do neither announced the names of the checked-in passengers. Secondly, if any passengers are stopped with this type of problems should be helped by their staffs as done by other airlines. My experience told me that I could see many passengers facing such problems running for help in the terminal and later found to be left behind. Then I was referred to counter no r14 where I found another & lsquo;south indian origin’ attendant who was not even unhelpful but adding pain to the stranded passengers, from whom I got negative response. I then was asked to go to counter no s25 where according to r14 attendant, a & lsquo;duty manager’ will be there to sort this problem out, I went there, here again another & lsquo;air asia’s’ specially selected & lsquo;rude’ and unhelpful attendant was attending, whom I narrated my problems, which does not seem to affect him and asked me to wait for his & lsquo;duty manager’ to come, by the time, my 2 hours already gone, I was not aware where is my wife and small baby, (Let alone for rest and food!!) , I told him I donot have all day to wait for his & lsquo;duty officer’, he just ignored me and did nothing. Finally, I had to take refuse in & lsquo;police post’, where, at least got some helpful tones, and I was asked to speak with one of their officer over the phone, and was told that as this case is between the & lsquo;air line and the passenger’, they would not be of any help. Within this few hours, I met up with many stranded passengers running here and there without any help by airline staffs, then I decided to solve this problem of mine by approaching through proper channel and went to & lsquo;air asia’ office in the 1st floor, where I met a security guard who did not allow me to go inside, instead called another & lsquo;indian origin’ a punjabi young man who introduced himself as one of the managers, from whom I got same negative response, finally I had to go back to police again and wrote a report. Please note that by the time I made this report it was already 1630 hrs, 3 hrs and 20 minutes since my flight left us, still I was running for help without trace of my left luggages and my family stranded in some corner of the over crowded halls. Then the duty policeman sent two of his staff to counter r14 and submitted my report, where there was another man on duty & lsquo;jason’ who called me in his counter and finally wanted to help, provided I pay extra money ie; b$ 387, in addition to the previous return fare I paid for brunei & ndash;kl b$ 728:90, b$ 65 for excess baggage, which totaled as b$1180.90, a normal return fare for any other & lsquo;world class’ airlines. I have not mentioned about the extra hotel charge I have paid for another extra day in kl. So now you will have the clear picture how anybody can say this is & lsquo;low cost’ airline. The reason, I am sending this report is not for the hard time I got from air asia, but for those who are suffering now and will and having hard time choosing this airlines, as I have witnessed people crying for help in the terminal, luggages off-loaded for checked-in passengers, growling staffs with greedy eyes how to make money out from troubled passengers. I assure all that with this sort of service in the name of & lsquo;best low cost airline’, this airline is just after making money by looting its’ innocent passengers and this message must be spread wide and fast to save innocent people. I sincerely discourage all innocent first time passengers like me to give an extra thought before taking this airlines offer and attractions!!!

Comments

• La
      17th of Sep, 2010

1)We are a professional supplier of NFL Jerseys.
    2) Factory wholesale price: $21---$45
    3) Delivery time: 5-7days door to door.
    4) Material: 100% polyester and 100% embroidery.
    5) Size:48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60