Air Asia — lost luggage
On 28 may 2010, I took flight ak 050 with couple of friends to macau. Our flight landed at macau airport app 10.15 a. M. Sadly, could not find my luggage on the conveyor hence, made a lost luggage report to airasia vide the macau airport authorities (‘maa”). Meanwhile, my husband tried calling the airasia customer service hotline but no answer for the next few hours & when he did finally get someone on the line, airasia advised my husband to go to the lcct terminal to lodge a report….. What the heck, what if my husband was calling from malacca or ipoh…what’s the point of having a number to call when they cannot attend to queries on the line??? Having said all that, my husband did drive all the way to lcct @ 4 p. M. & was told that they had received my report from maa but still could not locate my luggage. Just told to wait.
Anyway, back in macau, I received a call from maa at 9.30 p. M. & told to claim my luggage from the airport. The maa told me to get an explanation from airasia, apparently the & lsquo;lost luggage’ was caused by airasia at lcct.
Basically, I had to spend $ to purchase clothings, undergarments & toiletries, pay for return cab fare to macau airport to claim my luggage & air asia did not even have the courtesy to call & apologise or the least airasia could do was to explain what the heck happened to my luggage!!! But this is what I think, they missed loading my luggage at lcct terminal & upon receiving my report, looked for my luggage, loaded it on the next flight to macau (Arrived at 8.30 p. M. ) & just assumed problem solved! How rude!!
Would be good if someone can advise me where to lodge a formal complaint to airasia.
More Air Asia Complaints & Reviews
- Airasia - it's a pain to call airasia 
- Air Asia - buying travel insurance - think again 
- Air Asia - poor customer service 
- Airasia Go Holiday Package - slow refund, bad customer service, low credibility 
- Air Asia - air asia go holiday package 
- Airasia - refund
- Air Asia - lost my subsequent flight due to delay of almost 3.5 hours
- Airasia - spoilage charges levied on me
- Airasia - denied boarding from kuala lumpur kul to tehran ika on april 19 - unethical behaviour of the crew!!! 
- Airasia - missed my connecting flight