AIESEC / services not rendered

To briefly present my case, I suscribed to the services for an AIESEC development internship in for the sum of CAD 400 dollars, in late 2005.

After being given access to the AIESEC database, I accepted an internship in India. The clause in my contract with AISEC mentioned
clearly that no fee would be reimbursed if I would accept the stage. Or
I was waiting that AISEC Laval University, Quebec City branch, would provides me with some training in fundraising, because I did not have access to financial support for the ticket to India or the cost of accommodations). Finally, before leaving I had to pursue a so-called formation on intercultural behavior that nobody offered me. In short, I received absolutely no follow-up.

I would stress that AIESEC students with a scientific or business profile generally have all their expenses paid during their internships and enjoy
opportunities in all the large multinationals around the world. This,
to my sad misfortune was not my case at all.

For all these reasons I feel a strong frustration and a sense
bitterness while I had at that time no financial means to
do an internship, which might have been detrimental to the career choices that I've done later, in the precipitation. I believe that the money I spent did not have a tangible return for services that I could have expected.

I thave tried to have to have recourse to the Ombudsman of the Laval University, and I was advised to lodge complaints in Ontario since the siege of AIESEC Canada is in Ontario. I tried to contact them, but they reject my request, stating that I had signed a contract mentioning that I had breach the contract.

I do not know what to do. I beg you to please give me your support, because I really feel I have been victim of prejudice. I would like to know how I can
enjoy your support or join me if you encountered the same problems.

A  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
I never reached the stage you speak about in your comment. I found most, if not all, of the positions I was interested in to be seeking only EU students (an easier process to get work visas in place). So I attempted to get my money back. I have been met with nothing but contempt from the organization. The person I have been in contact with has been leading me on since late January (it is now July) and conveniently "losing" emails. They were very quick to cancel my account at my request, but very very slow at refunding my money (still do not have it).

So I'm just trying to say that anyone interested in this program, better be 100% interested. Because even if you aren't a victim of this financial loophole, don't expect to get your money back without going through a frustrating and tedious process.
N  18th of May, 2011 by
hey so i basically accpeted and signed the AN form, and oh man i was in the same situation as you, just poor, broke, and unable to afford even the fee they charged- the 400$ or so dollars. anyways They lied to me because i asked if there were any TN fees, I.e. the 400. and well the forms i agreed to said none. but now their trying to charge me. what the hell right? so i quit, if their going to lie to me then i simply quit. im just sad now, ###ers.
A  20th of Jun, 2012 by
It happened to me something similar in 2010. They lead me to believe it is so easy to get internship, even though I was going to turn 30 that year, they did not inform me the criteria is the intern to be younger than 30. ALso I was graduating that year and most of the internships had their criteria for the student to be still studing not an alumni.. I finally found one vacancy in Dalian, China, with a company called Neusoft, who wasted my time for months with interviews and emails, but never gave me any answer wheter I have been accepted for the position or not.. I contacted the AIESEC people in Dalian who were useless and did not bother at all.. This year I have started claiming my money back, the 350GBP I have paid within the first week of joining (they surely did not waste time to get the money from me), but now they simply igore my complaint letters.. I am considering taking the case further to the Ombudsman as this organization is obviously just a rip off not providing the services they promise, just keep charging young people, and what for!? Worst scam ever!

AIESEC International Logo AIESEC International