Agoda / dishonest practices

Aug 9, 2015
As you'll see from the other complaints about this company, Agoda is a dishonest and disreputable hotel booking company. I reserved a hotel for a long layover at the Bangkok airport. Because of my arrival time, I had to reserve for two nights even though I was only staying for one night. Agoda would not give me the hotel's telephone number, nor did it respond when I asked that if the hotel would send a shuttle to the airport. When I arrived in Bangkok after a long flight, nobody there was able to find the hotel's telephone number for me. I ran all over the airport, in summer heat, trying to locate a place where taxis or shuttles might be located. Even then, it was impossible to contact the hotel (which is very near to the airport) because a telephone number couldn't be found. In point of fact, as the hotel manager explained to me, Agoda will not give out the hotel's telephone number because it fears that the customer might try to deal directly with the hotel. Agoda might lose its commission! The company's greedy, selfish policy resulted in an extremely difficult, stressful situation for this traveler. Of course, the staff would not admit any wrongdoing and even claimed they had given me the telephone number for the hotel. What can you do when a company is dishonest? There's no recourse for the unlucky traveler who has been cheated.

Agoda Company Logo Agoda Company