Agoda / avoid like the plague

United States Review updated:

Last week I try to use Agoda to book for my hotel in Thailand. I book two rooms. One suite and one deluxe. but later i found out the system has replaced my reservation to two deluxe room and one is about 1800+ another one is 3400+. not only the room’s type is wrong the date is also wrong. Because i book the hotel in last minute. And so they refuse to any kind of refund because of their 3 days policy, and they claim they follow the confirmation letter.
Try to explain to them about their system failure with their confirmation letter(which had happened before). Seemed like as long as the system failure is helping them to cheat money, they really don’t care much.

Su

Comments

• Ym
      Sep 16, 2011

Its so true!!! i just got the same problem with them and I will never ever going to use Agoda again and I won't recommend to anyone any more!

• Ni
      Sep 19, 2011

I booked with them and had a similar situation. However, I fully understand why I'm at fault. A last minute reservation reserves the room for you. It takes the room out of the inventory and the hotel doesn't try to sell the room anymore. Makes sense because it's reserved for you.(i only know this because I use to work in a hotel)
    So if you cancel at the last minute, the hotel doesn't get the opportunity to resell the room. They've lost a reservation. If they refunded the money, they would lose money even though they reserved it for you.
    It makes perfect sense. The solution is to 1) make sure when you book to check the cancellation policy 2) make sure your plans are set in stone and 3) if you do cancel at the last minute, realize you are at fault, not the hotel/agoda.

Just my thoughts

• In
      Jan 07, 2012

Confirmed, the truth of Agoda never contact them again ever..