Afrihost / internet

1 South Africa Review updated:

It has been two weeks without internet my router that had been working for over 5 months suddenly stop working on 26 of January have sent email to Afrihost only thing they are good at Is that they blame another service provider for their problem and every time I get a response on the progress of what happened I receive a form that I have to fill out of what happened and longitudes of where I live. Bare in mind that they have deducted funds for February meanwhile I have no service.

I will spread the word to every one I know not to use Afrihost unless they wanna die of a heart attack

Comments

• Mr
      7th of Feb, 2019

This happens every once in a while.
    I'm in America and I get my WiFi routers from Best buy. I get a couple at a time so that when one just stops working I just swap it out and get back to my life. ( They are cheap enough to be replaced easily and when they break down it will most likely cost more to fix than they are worth.)

If it's your internet cable company (Time Warner Cable...) You shouldn't email them, call them instead.

• Za
      11th of Mar, 2019

Hi Malusi, I had the same problem from January 25th, they couldn't give me any answers as to why there is no signal available anymore, even on their website they conveniently changed my location as to not having any signal/coverage anymore. I have been fighting with them ever since to get at least one months payment back and they went and charged me a R999 early cancellation fee. I will not stop until they refund me, it is daylight robbery. O by the way, I went all out and contacted Cell C and Afrihost, Cell C spilled the beans that they left the roaming service agreement which they had with MTN, that is why my signal is completely gone. There is no towers close by to roam of anymore. So because they went and changed their agreement with MTN I get to pay for internet which I couldnt use and get charged a penalty fee on top of that...