Afni Collections / Incorrect and fraudulent collections!
I received a letter in the mail in July '07 stating that I owe over $600 to Verizon New York Inc. I immediately called the company and was told that the bill was from [protected] at a location that I am not familiar with hundreds of miles away from where I was living. I explained all of this to the representative "Rachel" and advised her that paying was not even an option. I had phone service where I was living during that time and was working for one of the companies that ultimately became Verizon. She listened and told me to fill out a form on their website.
I had a very uneasy feeling about the company so I started filling it out but then I canceled the entire fraudulent claim and advised her to send me the fraud claim package in the mail. She quickly advised that I had another claim for about $64. I am totally confident that wasn't the case but I listened to her and paid the $64 because it wasn't worth haggling over.
I try to maintain an impeccable credit history over the years, so needless to say I was livid about this mess. I worked for Verizon for quite a few years, had Verizon landline service for many years and have had their wireless service for many years. There is no way on this earth that they would allow me to have service with them if I owed them that money.
Thanks to all who complained about this company. I now know my next steps. I will definitely contact an attorney for assistance.
Something is not quite right with this company.
More Afni Collections Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee