Afni Collections / Supposed Verizon bill from 1996!
I received a letter Afni this month (04/2007) advising that I owe $229.30 for an old Verizon telephone bill from 1996 to 1997. First of all, I doubt very seriously that Verizon would allow me to continue with my phone service for a year without payment. Also, I am more than sure when I applied for telephone service through their company from 1997 to the present I do not believe I would have been granted service without being advised of a past due bill. This is completely ridiculous. I have been working diligently to keep my credit clear to purchase a house for my two children and myself. Now here comes this company out of the "wood works" to tell me that I have an old account with Verizon that they have been "Asked" to collect on. They ought to be ashamed of themselves for this. If this bill is valid, why would Verizon wait a whole decade to pursue collection. Does that make any sense at all? I don't think so. Anyway, I really hope this company gets what is coming to it. Attempting to ruin peoples credit is a shameful profession and along the lines of desperation on their part.
More Afni Collections Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee