[Resolved] AFerry.co.uk / booking passenger missing

- 27 June 2018 : Travel from Marseille to Ajaccio with La Meridionale:
- Booking reference : [protected]
- Booking reference : 5207234 La Meridionale
- Booking reference : 5207235 Corsica Linea

I would like to request a refund for the following reasons: I have made a booking for two passengers return from Marseille to Ajaccio. At arrival at the desk in Marseille for the outbound travel on 27 June, it appeared in the booking system of La Meridionale that there was only a booking for one person made. The booking for my wife Anne-Marie Olbrechts was missing. However, the booking reference document clearly stipulates that the booking was made for 2 persons. I had to pay the costs for the 2nd passenger on the spot for an amount of 55, 86 EURO.
Since the booking documents clearly mentions the reservation for a total of 336, 20 EUR for 2 passengers, I found the fact that we had to pay for this mistake on your behalf unacceptable, since we were not able to make an objective decision on where to book our travel based upon the correct amount to be paid. Therefore, I would like to receive a compensation from your side and I would like to be reimbursed at least for the extra amount paid on the spot due to a failure in your system.
Please find attached the booking references documents.

Regards,

Joris De Baerdemaeker

• Resolution statement

The company provided the same day a refund of 61 Euros and offered a 5 % discount for a next booking I am pleased by the swift response for this situation.

Jo