Ae Factory Service / Sears / UNPROFESSIONAL/RUDE/UNTIMELY

1 CA, United States Review updated:

So, my story starts in February. We bought a model home 2 years ago that came with a Whirlpool washer/dryer. After doing several loads of laundry one day, my dryer just stopped & would not turn on. I called Whirlpool to be told that I was "outside of the warranty" and was referred to AE Factory Service.

I called waited 5 days for a technician to come out, spend 30 minutes on a personal phone call on his cell phone & order a $400 part. I'm told that the part will come to my home (which it did 9 days later) & that AE will install it (waited another 5 days for a 2nd appt). Second technician comes, is very thorough & concludes that the part I paid for won't resolve my issue & takes the part with him with a promise that I will receive a refund in "7-10 business days".

At this point, I have been waiting for 90 days. 11 phone calls to AE, 5 supervisors and NOT ONE person can get my check sent to me. I have been told that "it should be 7-10 business days, 14 business days, 21 business days, the check is already being cut, you should have it by Friday, by Monday" and nothing.

I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone.

I did some research & found that the CEO is Dale Reeder. You can find him on LinkedIn or mail him at the address in Texas shown on AE's website.

NINETY DAYS & COUNTING FOR A REFUND ON A PART THAT I NEVER NEEDED BECAUSE THEIR TECHNICIAN WAS ON A PERSONAL PHONE CALL...very, very, very UNPROFESSIONAL

More Ae Factory Service / Sears Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gi
      6th of Apr, 2009

I just had a Sears/AE repairman at my house to fix my washer. The first thing out of his mouth was that the part I needed was an electronic circuit controller board for four to five hundred dollars! Fortunately for me this idiot couldn't figure out what model washer I had and couldn't order the part. The next day (on a Sunday) I called a local repair company, they came out that same afternoon and forty minutes later had my washer running perfectly, the part?... the door latch was broken...the cost...less than two hundred dollars for parts, labor and the Sunday call out.

Thank goodness the man was too incompetant to order the part or I'd be in the same boat as you trying to get my money back. It just stinks!

• 02
      19th of Aug, 2009

We have been trying to get Ac repair for 2 weeks rude employees, Lazy shows up without tools, and several broken appointments still not fixed. This refelcets back on the manufacturer Whrilpool.

• Th
      26th of Jun, 2011

I scheduled a service appointment with this business through Whirlpool's website and they never showed up. A call to the 800 number I received with the service scheduling put me through to an automated system that wasted another 10 minutes of my time (on top of the whole Sat. afternoon I've already wasted) only to be told by a recording that their offices were closed for the weekend and to call back Monday during "regular business hours". Um. I don't think I will.

• Up
      5th of Oct, 2012

A&E SO CAL IN ELCAJON. REPALCED CONTROL BAORD FOR F1 CODE, IMEDIATELY GOT A F50 CODE, NOW IT DOESNT SPIN, AGATATE, IT FILLS WITH WATER. WE ARE UNABLE TO DO LAUNDRY, 3 CALLS TO A&E, 1 TO TECH, 1 TO WHIRPOOL. I CALLED WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF REPAIR TO HAVE TECH PUT THE ORIGINAL PART BACK IN SINCE THEY NOW HAVE TO ORDER ANOTHER RPS SENSOR.11 DAYS AWAY. HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY CALLS BACK. THIS COMPANY IS PATHETIC.THIS IS MY 1ST POST OF MANY TO COME. WHIRPOOL SHOULD BE ASHAMED. A LEAST BEFORE WE COULD RESET AND CLEAN OUR CLOTHES.