A&E Factory Service / poor service!

1 LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-994-1893

I have a problem with my Maytag Washer. I contacted A&E to diagnose the problem on September 10. 2007. The technician gave me an estimate for the repairs of $528.08; he also told me that it would be cheaper to buy a new one. I told him that the washer was only two and 1/2 years old and that these products should last longer. He did tell me that I could call Maytag and maybe they could help. I called Maytag and their representative authorized the complete repair of the washer at their expense. I scheduled the repair with A&E Factory Service for my Maytag washer for September 17, 2007. The technician arrived only to tell me that he had to order the repair parts and schedule another appointment for the following Monday - September 24, 2007. The appointments are always scheduled between 8 AM and 5 PM. I called A&E Factory service for a more definite time frame for my appointment - their representative could only tell me that we had to be there during the time frame scheduled. The technician finally arrived around 4:45 PM but, could not fix the washer because the tub was damaged and he had to order the tub; a tub was ordered and another appointment was scheduled for the following Monday, October 10, 2007. Again the appointment time frame was the same. The technician arrived around 5:20 PM to repair my washer. The tub was replaced and he left. Later that evening, my wife proceeded to wash some clothes only to discover that the floors in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and hallway were flooded. The washer was leaking. There was water everywhere. This was around 10 PM - I turned off the machine and shut off the water. We took pictures of the flooded areas and started to mop and vacuum up the water. I called A&E that evening to explain the problem only to be informed that there was nothing they could do but schedule another appointment for the following Monday. I ask their representative if there was an emergency service contact person whom I could call for assistance. The response I got was the same - schedule another appointment. Completely frustrated, we continued to clean up the mess and finally, around 1:30 AM the clean up was complete. The appointment was scheduled for October 8, 2007 - with the same time frame. My wife and I waited around all day on October 8, 2007. The technician finally arrived around 7:30 PM. This time he informed me that the pump had a hole in it and it had to be replaced. He had to order the part and schedule yet another appointment for the following Monday - October 10, 2007. I informed him that this was the fifth appointment made to repair the machine and questioned as to why my repair work was always scheduled for the end of the day. He explained that he had two more service calls to complete after mine. On Monday October 15, 2007, around 9 AM, I received a call from A&E to find out if I had received the part order. I informed the representative that the part arrived on October 11, 2007. My appointment was confirmed at that time. Around 10:30 my wife called to inform me that A&E's schedule was booked for today and that they could not complete our repair work until the following Monday, October 22, 2007. I called A&E Factory Service to find out why I was told around 9 AM that the technician would complete the work today. I was told that the schedules were full. I asked to speak with a supervisor. My wife and I are obviously frustrated with this company and I believe that the supervisor's response of: "Let me see what I can do and I will be calling you back in 90 minutes, " was only to get the monkey off his back - he never intended to call us back. By the way, he never did get back with us at all. I did call Maytag regarding this matter and my complaint was recorded. I think that service orders should be completed before moving on to another job. This company should not be allowed to conduct business in this matter. Customer’s needs are not being met!

The company's scheduling needs to be more flexible. Technician's work schedule should be more realistic - don't schedule more than the technician can handle in one day. More is not better in this case, in fact more leads to less quantity work and more problems for the company. The practice of scheduling one zip code per day per week is not satisfactory. I connected with the following web site and found numerous complaints with A&E Factory Service: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/aampe-factory-service. This company should not be allowed to continue profiting in this manner without regard to customer satisfaction. A&E Factory Service should refund Maytag for the entire labor and service cost associated with this service order. The following information is provided regarding this complaint: Brand Name - Maytag; Model Number - SAV515DEWW; Serial Number - 12163959EL.

My wife and I should be compensated for our time waiting for a technician @ $25.00/hr each times 9 hours a day for three (3) days each plus the cost associated with the cleanup and repair of our home. You see if the work would have been properly diagnosed the first time this would be an issue.

Comments

• Da
      14th of Aug, 2007

My Maytag Washing Machine was working great for the past 5 years. I called Maytag customer service on Thursday and scheduled an appointment for Monday. Now here's where my bad experience starts.

The technician came onsite, took the Washing Machine apart and switched the water valve. He informed me that the problem is fix and quickly left. He did not test the problem. He always seem to be in a hurry.

I did a 'quick' test wash and same problem occurred again. I called A&E Service again and he paged the technician. The technician came back 30-45 minutes later. He switched the water valve again. I told him that is not the problem. The washer turn from cold to hot in the middle of the wash. It does not matter what settings you have. I informed him over and over again that the washer gives out HOT water starting in the middle of the wash. He didn't listen and told us to call A&E again when it is not working. He would not wait for a test wash. He is in a hurry to leave.

I tested a wash again and same problem. I called A&E and they told me that the technician got 4 other appointments to go to and would not be able to come back. I tried to schedule an appointment and they told me that the Technician have not uploaded the information. I would have to call back tomorrow to schedule an appointment. I called this morning and they told me it wouldn't be until the 22nd.

Summary
    1. ALWAYS IN A HURRY
    2. Technician just don't listen
    3. Would not test thoroughly

There are many many complaints on the web about A&E Factory service. I wish I had known before I scheduled it and brought the warranty.

• Wi
      22nd of Aug, 2007

I have a GE Warranty on my Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine. A&E was assigned to repair the unit. After five weeks of ordering parts, 3 service calls, the machine was finally repaired.

Now I have to wait another week to pick up the bad parts. Inexcusable!! I DO NOT recommend this company. The Better Business Bureau should be notified!!

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Those of you who have complaints against A&E Factory Service may want to call Sears. Sears actually owns A&E Factory Service. The NJ BBB site has contact information to lodge complaints against any Sears subsidiary, including A&E Factory Service. My demand for reimbursement was ultimately addressed by Sears which sent a check for the amount I paid A&E for the failed service less $60.00 for the repair call.

20th of Sep, 2010

They just Blew me off!! Have had this appointment for nearly a week, the man on the phone was ignoarnt and rude and threw 3 lies in a row at me. I called Maytag back and got the number to another company. Of course it's a warantee job so noone is in a hurry to get my dryer fixed but me. Its 2 months old, so i told the maytag rep my husband wants to fix it and send them the bill!