A&e Factory Service / Kitchen Aid / outrageous cost for repair!
A&E was called to repair a KitchenAid microwave and oven unit that stopped functioning. They are recommended for service by KitchenAid on their web site. The technician said I needed a new control board. He ordered one (which cost $600), it came (marked "refurbished") and he promptly installed it and the oven and microwave unit worked again. He also asked for the old control board back. I did not give it to him. I asked him what was wrong with the old control board. He said that the fuse blew. No wonder the company wanted the old board back. It would cost them about $1 to fix my old control board and sell it for $600 to the next owner of such a unit. I asked A&E to send me all paper work relating to this repair. Under "technician's remarks" was a statement that the fuse was "open."
I paid $600 for a fuse! This seems unconscionable to me and I would certainly be wary of ever using this company again to "repair" any of my appliances.
More A&e Factory Service / Kitchen Aid Complaints & Reviews
- A&E Factory Service - horrible service! 
- A & E Appliance Repair - a & e sucks 
- A&e Factory Service / Warranty Repair Maytag - deceptive business practices! 
- A & E Factory Service - I would never have these people out again! 
- A & E Factory Service - scheduleing nightmare!!! 
- A&E Factory Service - lg dishwasher
- A&E Factory Service - samsung refrigerator repair (lack of)
- A&E Factory Service - lg refrigerator
- A&E Factory Service - dryer 
- A&E Factory Service - service tech, asking for money to repair an item already covered by the warranty