A&E Factory Service / terrible service and response from a&e!

Terrible Service from A&E customer service. They just don't care about what their customers experience, or how frustrating the experience is. Buying service contracts that are serviced by A&E is like taking poison because it feels to good to get such excruciating pain for good money. Stick with local service people who know what they are doing rather than by multi year contracts from incompetent suppliers.

6 calls to Maytag Dependability Plus
7 calls to A&E customer service
1 Call from service man at 4:38 PM, still could not find place,
5 minutes on premise then announced that he must order parts and return in 7-10 days to fix the problem.

I did explicitly describe the problem when I called in the report for service... Do you think they took the info down??... NO! I explicitly gave direction info to our residence... Did that make it ti the serviceman?? NO!!! If you have a choice to avoid A&E Factory Service, Do so at all costs.

They are undependable and do not care a whit about what the customer cares or suffers.

Comments

Ga
  6th of Jun, 2007

This is WORST company ever!!! I made an appointment on May26th they came out the 30th then they say between 8am to 5pm. They guy shows up at 6:45pm and then looks at my dryer 5 min and say I have to wait 7 to 10 days for the part??? what??? I said You came out here to tell me I need a part??? DUH!!!!

So then I got the part jun 5th and had an appointment TODAY JUNE 6TH!!! Between 8am to 12pm. Now it is 3:42 WHERE THE HELL IS HE??? OH WAIT... MY PHONE RANG AND THEY JUST CANCELED IT TILL NEXT FRIDAY... THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY EVER, DO NOT USE THEM I WARNED YOU!!!

Sh
  27th of Jun, 2007

I bought a house that needed the oven repaired. The former owners called and scheduled a service call by A&E Factory Service on June 2, 2007. The service man came after 3 phone calls telling me he could not find my house (it is right off of a very well-known street in this area). He finally showed up and inspected my oven and told me that I needed a part that he had in his truck. Upon further inspection, it was confirmed that he did not have the part in his truck and would have to order and have it shipped to me via DHL. He set up a new appointment on 6/11 between 1-5 to put in the part. On 6/10, I called the company to let them know that I had not received the part and was told that it was not shipped DHL but sent via US Mail. Since the original owners ordered the call, the service was in their name and the part was sent to them and forwarded on to their new house by the US Mail. I still have not received the first part. On Thursday, 6/21, I called A&E and told them again, (the 3rd time) that I did not have the part and to please reorder it and send it direct to me. Somehow, magically, I got the part the next day in time for my re-scheduled appointment of today 6/25/07 between 1-5. I received a confirmation call on Sunday 6/24 telling me I should call if I wished to cancel the service call. Of course, I did not want to considering that I have been without my oven for almost a month. Today I got home to find a message on my home phone letting me know that they had been in my area at 10:17 and missed me and I would have to reschedule the appointment. They never called my cell phone, the secondary number listed on the order. I called A&E before noon and they said someone would be here today. Still no luck. Of course they can reschedule the appointment for the end of the week. NO THANK YOU A&E. I will find some other company that thinks of their customer 1st or 2nd or 3rd or 4th instead your sorry company. It's places like this that gets people so disgusted with service companies. They are the worst I have dealt with in a very, very long time. They couldn't even stand by the date and time that they set up! DON'T USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET VERY FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY!

Ma
  11th of Jul, 2007

I made an appointment and they said they would come Saturday waited till 6:00 P.M. no one showed up. They told me when I called that no one answered phone so they canceled service. I looked on back of contract and saw that the service rep only comes out monday thru friday no saturdays. I made a second appointment and when he did not show I called and they told me my line was busy and canceled appointment. I gave them two phone numbers to call and the phone was not busy. I have asked for refund. DO NOT PURCHASE A CONTRACT FROM A&E THEY ARE IDIOTS!

Ri
  2nd of Aug, 2007

Have been waiting a week and a half for tech. Call notice since the noise stop there was no need for him to come because he would not known what to do. Now may refrigerator has failed and I am waiting for a call I will no longer due business with the retail store that sold me a service contract that they did not have tech to preform service and sell brands that require that much service.

Gr
  10th of Sep, 2007

A & E is a perfect example of piss poor customer service. We have been without a washing machine for 6 WEEKS. I slightly understood the necessity to order parts and wait for an appointment, but to not note that the job is a two man job is ridiculous.
Last week (9/4) A & E was scheduled to come to our home to fix our washer. A call to my phone (while I was home) said that the appointment was canceled because nobody was home. I checked later with my gate guard to confirm whether the technician came through, nothing from A & E. Later the manager from A & E informed me that they weren't supposed to be in our area that day anyway...

Today the technician showed up while I am at work, but my neighbor is at the house with my phone so they can call. The technician showed up all right, but informed my friend that it's a two man job, see ya later. The technician told my friend that it wasn't his problem when she asked him to call for assistance. Into week 7.