A&E Factory Service / unreasonable delay of service!

I would like to file a formal complaint against A&E Factory Service and request a replacement of my Kitchen Aid microwave oven. Following is the horrified experience I have with A&E factory service:

My Kitchen Aid microwave oven (model KHHS179LSS0) stopped working in June 2007. I called Kitchen Aid where I have an extended warranty and was told to contact A&E for repair (Claim # [protected]).

During the months of July and August, 2007, A&E sent two different technicians to my house every two weeks to repair the microwave without success. Each time, more parts were ordered. The final service call was on September 15, 2007.

09/15/07. A technician named Bill (ID 0637405) came. After working on the unit for two hours and replacing all the possible components, he failed to fix the microwave. He declared the microwave “not repairable” and wrote a report recommended replacement. A copy of the report is attached herewith.

09/17/07. I called A&E and spoke with Kathy. She told me to call Kitchen Aid at [protected] about replacement. I called the toll free number she gave and heard the message "Thank you for your patient, we will be with you shortly" continuously for 30 minutes before I could not wait any longer and hung up.

09/17/07. I called Kitchen Aid at [protected] and talked with Fran. She said that she did not know anything about the [protected] number that Kathy of A&E gave me. Fran told me Kitchen Aid needed to hear from the A&E service tech about the reason why my microwave could not be fixed before authorizing replacement. She told me to call A&E and requested the service tech to call Kitchen Aid.

09/17/07. I called A&E back and spoke with Mel. She said she would contact the tech and asked him to call Kitchen Aid. She told me to call Kitchen Aid the next day to find out how long it would take for replacement.

09/18/07. I called Kitchen Aid and spoke with Dalton. The A&E tech had not called yet.

09/18/07. I called A&E and spoke with Brittany. She told me to call to the district office in Glen Burnie, MD at the telephone number [protected].

09/18/07. I called the district office at [protected] and talked with Darlene. She told me that she will submit the case to the tech manager for approval of a replacement. The replacement unit will call me within 48 hours at my cellular phone number [protected]. I waited for 12 days and there were no calls or messages from A&E.

10/1/07. I called A&E and talked with Crystal. She said that she has found the phone number of the tech and will call him personally to request that he calls Kitchen Aid. I should call her back in the afternoon to check.

10/1/07. I called Kitchen Aid and spoke with Karen. She said that Kitchen Aid was still waiting for the call from A&E tech in order to start the replacement. I told her that I am in the middle and had not been able to have the case moved forward and that I have a copy of the report from A&E and asked if I could fax it to her. She put me on hold to check with her supervisor whose name is Elsa. She came back and said that her supervisor asked her to call A&E to obtain the detail.

10/1/07. I called A&E at 4 pm. After 12 min of waiting I was connected to Karina. She told me I should talk with a replacement manager named Val. I was put on hold for an additional 20 mins. Karina then told me she will call the technician herself while I waited. The phone was cut off after 32 mins.

10/1/07. I called A&E again at 5:00 pm. After 30 mins of waiting I was connected to Crystal again. She said she called and left a message for the service technician but he did not call back. Nothing she could do. I asked to speak to her manager. I was told that the manager (named Heather) was not available. I asked for the address; she told me that it is at 597 B Ordance Rd. Glen Burnie, MD 21060. She confirmed that the suite was “B” not “E” as printed in Bill’s report.

Since September 15, I have made 7 phone calls and talked to 6 different persons at A&E (Kathy, Mel, Brittany, Darlene, Crystal and Katrina). I believe that I got a run around by A&E.

Beware people!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Tara T. Vantoai
cc: The Better Business Bureau, 1414 Key Highway, Ste. 100. Baltimore, MD 21230
Whirlpool Corporation, 1800 paw Paw Ave., Benton Harbor, MI 49022
National Product Care Company, 1000 Milwaukee Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025
Aon Innovative Solutions, Inc., 1795 Clarkson Rd, Suite 200. Chesterfield, MO 63017

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2008

THIS IS A CONTINUED RESPONCE TO YOUR FAULTY AND UNCONCERNED FOLLOW UP REGARDING A&E FACTORY SERVICES. ONCE AGAIN I AM WANTING TO CONNECT TO YOUR CORPORATE HEADQUATERS, OFFICE OF THE CEO FOR MY CONERNS OF EXTREMELY BAD FOLLOW UP REGARDING YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE / SUPERVISOR / TECKS/ SUPERVISOR TECHNICIANS. IF YOUR CONCERN IS TO ACCOMODATE YOUR CUSTOMERS AND HONOR YOUR CONTRACT WITH THEM, THEN I STRONGLY URGE SOMEONE TO PROVIDE ME WITH THE PROPER INFORMATION SO AS TO GIVE HONEST AND ACCUIRATE ACCOUNTING REGARDING MY COMMENTS AND RESOLVING SUCH NEGATIVITY REGARDING YOUR CORPORATION. I WILL BELABOUR THE ISSUES MY SELF RATHER THAN BE CONTANTLY TREATED AS I HAVE BEEN BY ALL CONCERNED! REGRETFULLY, A.V. BATTAGLIA

• Hb
      10th of Aug, 2010

I am horrified at reading all those comments about AE Service after I had them replace an icemaker motor module on my 2006 Whirlpool side-by-side refigerator/freezer. I only wish I had checked them out before I did. My only excuse is that I got them directly from the whirlpool.com Web site and scheduled them from there as well. How could I suspect that I could not place my trust in Whirlpool??? In any event, AE Services is a rip-off firm that overcharges for parts by about 75%, and who knows by how much for labor. I needed only the icemaker motor module, and they charged me $175.61 for the part, when I could have ordered the entire icemaker from the Whirlpool online parts store for less than $100.00 (including shipping). The technician spent about 30 seconds diagnosing my problem, and about 2 minutes installing the replacement part, to the tune of about another $185.00 for labor ... that's a darn good wage for 2-1/2 minutes of work and, of course, the cost of the gas for service call! Then, on top of it all, he made a mistake in charging my credit card for the entire icemaker. When I called AE, they assured me that a credit for the "inadvertent" overcharge of $55.36 would be posted to my credit card account immdiately and that I would also receive a $70.00 credit for the "service call". on which I had insisted before agreeing to the repair. Here it is, 10 days later, and no credit! Well, I know how to fix that ... I'll contest the entire charge when I get my credit card statement and let the credit bcard company fight it out with AE! All I can say, is AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Their rates are nothing short of usurious and they will rip you off if you let them! hbva. Alexandria, VA 22304