Advanced Wellness Research / SCAM

1 1269 North Wood Dale Rd.Wood Dale, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8669641011

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
3 months of calling to cancel delivery i got 3 different cancellation codes and product return codes I returned the items and credit was never received on all 3 occasions 3 phone calls to the company amazingly enough all 3 times the "computer systems were down" i called again today and was told the system was only down for 10 days they don't know how it wasn't canceled the prior 2 times! when i requested the shipments be canceled for the 4th time and insisted to speak to a "floor manager" who spoke little English and i was told that "he feels my pain and understands my concern" and assured me if i sent the cancellation request in e-mail form i would receive a response within 48 hours BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN THE COMPUTER SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK!??. I called the credit card company and they said they cannot stop the future charges. I see no other choice but to cancel my credit card and hope the charges will stop! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I am sending an e-mail to Embarq thanking them for promoting this product on their website(NOT!) and suggesting they remove Advanced Wellness Research Pure Acai Berry from their website!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BUYER BEWARE!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Ka
      6th of Dec, 2008
    Advanced Wellness Research - unwanted item and double billing
    advanced wellness research

I ordered a free trial sample ( my mistake ) and was charged twice for the same product, which I cannot afford. I did not authorize these withdrawals from my account! and have returned their product. I want it STOPPED!

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2008

Hi All,

I posted a complaint based on my experience; but the CEO responded to me immediately. The website and call center was having a technical difficulty, though no excuse he was sincerely apologetic and has refunded the fees and did so immediately. This was truly just one of those IT glitches and he is sincerely apologetic. Please go here to cancel and or obtain the information you need to get things straightened out.

I would delete my complaint or amend it but I can't figure out how. So I am posting a new one. Not to complain, but to say that this Company is not a scam. Other companies out there are scamming, but Advanced Wellness Research Inc. is not one of them.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. has made good on the promise to me and anyone I have forwarded them to.

CEO Nick Molina

Nampa
    Idaho
    Phone: 1-877-751-5333
    buypureacaiberry.com

ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL OF THIS PRODUCT FOR ONLY THE S&H CHARGE. SHORTLY THERE AFTER MY ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED $78.81 ON DECEMBER 1ST, WITH NO ADDITIONAL PRODUCT RECEIVED. TRIED ON NUMBER OCCASIONS TO REACH THESE PEOPLE TO CANCEL ANY FURTHER SHIPMENTS. THEIR PHONE NUMBER HAS BEEN CHANGED 3 TIMES. WHEN I CALL THE LATEST NUMBER, MENU TELL YOU TO PRESS NO. 3 AND THEN YOU ARE DISCONNECTED.

WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE.

• St
      13th of Dec, 2008

when i call the phone no. they provided to cancel the shipment which will charge my account $80 unless i call to cancel further shipments they keep telling me i am not in their system and cannot find me when i have the invoice from them right in my hand. Also their call center must be in India and you cannot understand a word they are saying. They told me, "oh we will keep researching to find you and cancel it", when i asked for someone to call and confirm if they find me, he said, "we will cancel it if we find you, have a nice day, " and he hung up on me-- So now i have to cancel my debit card and lose my points on there, just so they cannot debit my account.

• Ji
      16th of Dec, 2008
    Advanced Wellness Research - Acai Berry pills
    Jim's Custom Golf
    California
    Phone: (916)725-1005

I ordered a free trial of Pure Acai Berry pills from this company. I have since been charged on my creditcar $78.81 for a product that I never wanted or ever received. I have taken action withmy credite card provider, and hopefully this will conclude my problem with them. I am looking at all the complaints about this Company and I have tried to call them and wind up on hold forever I'm beginning to wonder. Jim Clark

6th of Jan, 2009

advanced-wellness-research
    1-866-964-1011, Option 2 for billing

Spoke to a man by the name of Viv.

He pulled up account with the last four numbers of the credit card that was used. Try that.

• Ms
      30th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the free trial today and paid the 4.99 S&H fee, but failed to do some research prior to my order (Stupid Me). After reading all the horror stories of this company, I didnt want to risk being charged the outragous amount of money from my CC. I immediately canceled my trial order. I called the 1-866-964-1011 and spoke to a lady in which I told her that I wanted to cancel my order and she told me that the computer systems were down and unable to cancel or give me an RMA # and to call back in a couple of days. I then called my CC comp. to let them know that I didnt want any charges from the company they told me that I would have to cancel my cc. So then I called back to Advance Wellness and spoke with another girl and I asked her to give me a Cancelation Confirmation Order # and she said my order was sent to their warehouse and that their systems were running slow and unable to cancel and to call back after I received the bottle to cancel . I told her that I didnt want to receive anything and I stressed to her that I didnt want any surprises on my CC statement and she assured me that I wouldnt get charged to "Trust her" I told her that I read alot of complaints about their company and then she immediately told me that my order was cancelled and that I wasnt going to receive anything from them. and gave me a CCO#. I asked about the 4.99 S&h but she said they were unable to refund it. I told her that was fine as long as that was all I was going to get charged. So I am going to cross my fingers and hope that I dont get any "Surprises" Call the number I called and be sure to demand a CCO# also you can mention to them the complaints youve read about them. I dont know if that was what caused their computer system to go back up all of a sudden but some how in some mysterious way they did. hope this helps.

• Pf
      30th of Jan, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - Acai
    Idaho

I ordered the sample of Acai berry. I was charged $78.81 on my check card, which created an overdraft fee of $35.00. They will not refund the overdraft amount and said that I have to return the sample of the Acai berry suplement. So this is going to end up costing me about $40 for nothing!

• Da
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I also was charged more than shipping and handling for the Acai plus the Bromalite plus they sent me some kind of tea which I didn't ask for. Altogether I was charged about 180.00 I have called all three places and did get through and was assured my charges would be cancelled . So we'll see What a scam. Can't believe I fell for it . Oh by the way they want the remaining Acai pills back within ten days.

6th of Feb, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - Acai berry capsules
    Margaret Arnold

They are charging my credit card for $78.81 without my agreement and they want me to pay for the "free" bottle I originally ordered. Their customer service are not fluent in the English language and don't seem to understand the problem. I want nothing to do with them.
    Margaret Arnold
    12440 S. 68th CT
    Palos Heights, Illinois 60453-1612
    lldmarg@att.net

11th of Feb, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research/Acai Berry Pills - Scamming Crooks
    Brooks
    Georgia

These people offer trial product and then charge you for part of it. My charges on my credit card are over $150.00 that they tricked me into with mice type.
    Do not trial any of their product.
    They are scammers and CROOKS.

• Lb
      11th of Feb, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - customer service
    advanced wellness research
    Florida

To the customer service rep that uses great language, you can bet less people will be using your product now. And we do read the fine print, it also says you can cancel which when you do you get hung up on or the customer service agent such as yourself says that you are having technical difficulties, you sure are, your company is a scam. The more people know this the less people that will buy this product period, regardless if it works.

12th of Feb, 2009

I ordered the product, and when I called to return the product they say press 1 to return or cancel order, well I did that and just got dead air. So I called back and pressed 2 I got a live person who asked for my order#, I gave her the order# that was in the email that they sent to me and that was also listed on my packing slip, and the representative told me that she could not pull up my account. She asked if I would spell my name so I did three times, and still she stated that she could not find my account and that I had the wrong company, I verified that I had called Advance Wellness Research Inc. she said yes, I verified that I dialed 1-866-964-1011 (which was listed in my order confirmation email, on the paking slip, and on my bank account) and she stated again that I had the wrong company. Well I shared a few nasty words with her and advised that I was going to report their company, which yes is in INDIA. Anyway I contacted my bank and they were able to place a block on my account so that Advance Wellness was not able to bill me the full amount of the product, and they advised that I should cancel out the card that I used to order the product and order a new card. I did just that. I was only billed for the shipping $4.99 and a international fee of $0.15.

• Bo
      14th of Feb, 2009

it isnt that the company is a scam it;s that most people who sign up for the 14 day free trial do not read the term and conditions and dont fully understand what what they are signing up for all people see is free and dont understnad that nothing in the world is free. you take it people wouldnt buy something off e-bay and not no what they are buyimng people should never put there credit card online without knowing fully what they are signing up for

unknown

• Hi
      18th of Feb, 2009

This is the same expirence(as the two others above) that I have incounter with this company also. I have had to call two times to cancel, and yet they still send the product and charge my account. I will have to take time and go to the bank and get an other card so they can't charge me anymore. I got the same deal saying they are having trouble hearing me, that it must be a bad conection, so on and so on. This seems to be a scam to me.

• Na
      20th of Feb, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - Fraud and scam
    advancedwellnessresearch.com

This company put five charges on my account. When I called trying to get an explanation, no one would help me. I've filed a dispute charge with my credit card since the company would not help me with returning products for a credit.

• Fr
      24th of Feb, 2009

I fell for the advertisement on the online news section. Stupid me. It's
    another scam. I ordered the trial bottle of Pure Acai Berry for shipping and handling price of 4.99. 10 days later much to my dismay my debit card was charged 78.81. The rep I spoke to claimed even though the bottle contained 60 capsules, the free trial was only 10 capsules. The 78.81 charge was for the remaining 50 capsules. No where did I see that in their privacy policy. This is a scam be careful of this company.
    The rep named Sophie said my money will be refunded in 5 or 6 days.
    I hope so but frankly I don't believe it. What recourse do I have if any?

acai

• On
      24th of Feb, 2009

This is a scam...stay away from this company!!! I ordered the "free" bottle w/ pay $4.99 shipping. I thought it was strange, when it came there was no advertising, no reorder form. I was experiencing some medical problems at the time it arrived, so I never opened the bottle/never took any. A month later I finally get an email with an insufficient fund message. I check my bank account to find I have lost $210 to this scam company...Advanced Wellness Research. The company rep is from India, connection was horrible, customer service doesn't exist, and he hung up on me...claiming I "ordered" re-occuring shipments. NOT TRUE!!

27th of Feb, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - charging my credit card after cancellation
    Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
    #3-17th Ave South
    nampa
    Indiana
    Phone: 1-866-964-1011

I took a free trial of this product.Then I called to cancel any future products.Guess what I was billed $79.44 on my visa.I've called & called. They say it's canceled and it's not. Please Help! I want my $ back! (funkylady49@hotmail.com)

• Mo
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I too was scammed by this company. I called to cancel any future shipments or charges to my credit card. I was given a confirmation number, yet when I called them back to find out why they charged my card after I had canceled all I got was the run-around. I also didn't receive any shipment for the charge on my card.