Advanced Wellness Research / THEY WILL HELP YOU TRUST ME!!!!

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

Hi All,

I posted a complaint based on my experience; but the CEO responded to me immediately. The website and call center was having a technical difficulty, though no excuse he was sincerely apologetic and has refunded the fees and did so immediately. This was truly just one of those IT glitches and he is sincerely apologetic. Please go here to cancel and or obtain the information you need to get things straightened out.

I would delete my complaint or amend it but I can't figure out how. So I am posting a new one. Not to complain, but to say that this Company is not a scam. Other companies out there are scamming, but Advanced Wellness Research Inc. is not one of them.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. has made good on the promise to me and anyone I have forwarded them to.

CEO Nick Molina

nick@advancedwellnessresearch.com

Comments

8th of Dec, 2008

You were lucky!

I reached them and received the run around and HIGH BLOOD pressure!

• Sh
      9th of Dec, 2008

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND SOMETHING !!!

Advanced Wellness Research is not the only company out there selling acai berry other sites you may have ordered from are

Advanced Wellness Research does not sell ACAI BERRY 500

This person mentions Acai Berry 500. We don’t sell Acai Berry 500 – that is another company. How is that for unfair scrutiny?

Before you post make sure you are infact dealing with advanced wellness research it shows up on your Credit Card statement as such if it is not then you are committing slander by posting it is this company that charged you. BE SURE WHO YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!

• Ca
      14th of Dec, 2008

This is the WORST customer service experience I have EVER had. I placed an order for the 14 days trial and tried to cancel 5 minutes after doing so when I realised the the trail peiod INCLUDES delivery time. Customer service dicked around so much that the product was sent and took 21 days!!! to reach me here in NZ.

I have been charged for the Acai berry ($148 NZD for 60 caps) and have been trying to get an RMA for three weeks. I have called and emailed. I have tried polite I have been rude I even emailed Nick Malina the supposed CEO for assistance and he was as useless as his staff who send me the same email about 7 times with the same crap on it in return (Rings us on this toll free number (Hello NEW ZEALAND - its not toll free outside os USA and they don't seem to understand that NZ is NOT a state in ALABAMA!!!) or fill in this form online) I go to fill in the online form and lo and behold ITS NOT THERE!!! When I ring I get voice mail every time.

This is the worst customer service I have EVER recieved and Im sure its just to make sure they can suck every dime they can from your pocket. Since I am not in the USA I can't even sue them to get my money back its gone. And now that time is running out to get an RMA soon I will not be able to get a refund. I will be cancelling my credit card tomorrow to make sure they don't get any more money out of me.

These people are the WORST COMPANY in the world. DO NOT PURCHASE THIER PRODUCT unless you are 100% sure you want it or 100% want to have a stoke at the ripe age of 24 like me!!!

• Re
      15th of Dec, 2008

I too have been scammed by this company. I ordered the product on 11/23 I still have not received it but on 12/6 they charged me $78.81. When I call I get an answering maching and when I email I get someone that responds by asking me to call in DUH!!. I also was assurred that my card was not charged. See below:

Dear Customer,

First let me thank you for your order and confidence in Pure Acai Berry PRO. Now, let me reassure you that you were NOT charged anything other than the shipping and handling today. The charge you are inquiring about is not a charge but only an authorization. Depending on your bank, it remains on your card for anywhere from 15-30 days. If after using our product during the trial period you decide to keep it, we will then convert that authorization into a charge. Right now it is only an authorization and is not a billed amount.

I hope this answers your question and we hope you enjoy your Pure Acai Berry PRO.

Greg Miles,

I also think that this girl Shannon must work for the company as she seems to be the only one who got her issue resolved and the only one who got a "response from Nick thanking her for defending them"...lol. I did copy Nick on my emails expressing my frustrations and demanding they credit back the charges and he responded with one line see below:

Meetu, our customer service director will call you to correct this.

Nick Molina

This is how a CEO responds to an email??? Needless to say no one has called. I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General as I found out that they are aware of the scam and are investigating them. The more complaints the better so I suggest that everyone who has been scammed file a complaint. You can do it online at the attorney generals website. I also am going to my bank today and filing a fraud charge as well. If the banks get enough complaints they will not process anymore charges from this company.

• St
      18th of Dec, 2008

This company does not legally do anything wrong. Although their tactics may bring up ethical questions, sadly, they do everything in a legal manner. When you order your "free trial" and you check that little box that says "I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions" you are agreeing to terms and conditions that you may not have been lead to believe would happen. It clearly states in their terms & conditions that if you do not respond about your free trial within 14 days you will be charged and sent a full order. So, unfortunately, if you did order this free trial and did not respond to the company saying you disliked the product, the company is complying with their own terms & conditions by sending you a full order. Some people have had luck (not with this company but similar situations) getting a refund of some kind. However, the company is not under any obligation to respond with any kind of refund at all.

• Gi
      31st of Jan, 2009

I just read the slander post! What a joke! The company is scandalous! You are right they are not charging under their ONE company name. They are pulling the order number we receive and pulling money out our account under different names. I have a bottle of PURE ACAI BERRY ...Advanced Wellness Reasearch Inc, product. My charges from them TWO shipping fee's Of $4.99 under MY ACAI offer and when I called to cancel I had a man from INDIA who PINGED my account under UMG services for $1.00 twice. So SHANNON ORTNER be careful of who you state is slandering! Your company is a FRAUD! I hope you go down with the ship first!

01/27/2009 pending EASYBODYDETOXONLINE $5.95
    01/27/2009 pending MY ACAI OFFER $4.99
    01/27/2009 pending EASYBODYDETOXONLINE $5.95
    01/27/2009 pending MY ACAI OFFER $4.99
    01/30/2009 pending UMG*SERVICES $1.00
    01/30/2009 pending UMG*SERVICES $1.00

• Da
      2nd of Feb, 2009

i also ordered the free trial and today the the 15th day showsa charge of 78.79 thats still pending
    i called talked to an Asian guy that keep giving me the run around and trying to give me a special offer he was trying to tell me i had to send my trial bottle back and pay shipping for it 2 times once for it to be sent and again to send back and then in 10-14 days will get a refund i keep telling him im not paying shipping 2 times after getting off the phone i got an email saying i will get a refund in 5-7 days lets hope so or ill be pissed!!

• Ju
      2nd of Feb, 2009

This Advanced Wellness Research is a SCAM. Do no order from them go to a more secure website and with a product that you are sure is what it says. I ordered 1-10-09 the free trial on 1-29-09 78.81 was deducted from my account. I tried their customer service line numerous times but got no one. I sent a email and got a reply stating someone would respond in 1 business day. Did not happen. I called my bank and they wanted me to wait until the company responded. I am going to cancel my debit card so that no more charges happen. I have not received a shipment for the 78.81 and probably will never see it. DONT ORDER.

• Ga
      10th of Feb, 2009

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. ( company name is at top of my packing slip) has made two unauthorized charges to my account - under two different company names. My first call to customer service instructed me to send package back and I would be credited and no further charges made.

My second call to customer service was about not receiving credit, and now having a second charge. They promised I would not receive any more product or be charged - BUT they could only give me a credit for $70.00 of the $78.00 charge and $50.00 on the $83.00 charge. This is with out any outstanding acai berry on me.

What kind of scam is that - I don't even know what to call it. I cancelled my credit card.

And yes, it makes good public relations sense for a rep. or CEO of Advanced Wellness Research Inc. to pick a complaint (or handful) and try to explain and make it right. Until they make it right with ALL customers, and stop their unethical business practices everyone should be aware of what they are doing.

• Ro
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Don't order from this company. They are perpetrating consumer fraud. My experience is the same. Ordered "free sample." Called to make sure no further charges. Called again to make certain and received a "cancellation verification number." Several days later, $78.81 was taken out of my account. Called to complain, received another absurd excuse. An email to the company resulted in "after an exhaustive search of our records" we can't find any record of your order ... blah, blah.
    Everyone should file a complaint with the consumer fraud claim department of your bank card, contact the attorney general's office (consumer fraud division), the FBI (again online consumer fraud), and another other consumer fraud organizations and agencies in your state.
    This is the only way to shut them down, possibly get your money refunded, and at least cause them a few more sleepless nights than us! I refuse to be victimized again.

• Ta
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I have to say this has definently been an experience. I ordered the AcaiBerry 500 and the same thing. What they do is have all these other people with VIP programs and extra crap attached to their site and then they start charging the tar out of you. I have already paid over $300.00 in junk charges, they overdraft my account and have now charged me the $78.81 fee. This is ridiculous and the best way to combat it even for the people out of state and country is to file a complaint with the better business bureau. This will shut them down real quick and hopefully they will refund our money. Oh I emailed CEO Nick Molina too, we will see where that gets me.

• Ca
      2nd of Mar, 2009

It's better to file Fraudulent charges with your bank and with the Federal Trade Commission and Attorney Generals office in the State you received the product. The Federal Trade Commission will go after them. That's a bunch of bull what happened to You!

3rd of Mar, 2009

I can not get one on the phone. Every time I call both numbers (1866-320-0038, 1866-950-6356), I get "all sercuits are busy". I am losing my mind. I have already been charged for a second bottle of the total cleanse and Advanced Wellness Research Inc. I don't know how to make it stop. Please anyone who has the right number or has actually talked to someone, please post it here so I can try and stop this.

• Mr
      7th of Mar, 2009

I ordered Acai Berry Pro through advanced wellness research, and they had it to me in like 3 days or so, I was shocked how fast it came. I called the 1-800 number to ask how to cancell this online dieting thing and they gave me a 3 month discount of 60 a month so I only pay about 24$ after S&H, and I got an answer when I called but the number I have for Wellness Research is 1-866-964-1011. It took a few minutes but someone did answer. I have had the pills about 5 or 6 days and ordered it about 10 days ago, and the only charge on my credit card so far is the 4.99. So I still am keeping my fingers crossed after reading this, but so far they have been good to me.

• Ha
      20th of Mar, 2009

I just ordered both the acai and the total cleanse, and now i am just waiting to see what my story is going to be and like you Mrs. Mom i am crossing my fingers becuase i am out of ideas for losing weight, nothing seems to work for me. Please keep me updated at how things turn out for you.

• Am
      17th of Apr, 2009

MY name is Amanda Gaber I order the Pure Acai Berry on 03/15/2009 never recieved my free trial so I called on 03/25/2005 tp cancel my order, the customer rep ensured me my order was cancelled. Then I find that on 04/13/2009 your company withdrew 78.88 for a product I never recieved, never signed up to pay for and was told my order was cancelled. I called in to find out why and I was assured I would be refunded full amount of 78.88. 2 DAYS LATER! I am charged 83.80! For what? I called in very upset and the agent " assures" me again I would be refunded the full amount but as for the 78.88 there would only be a 50.00 refund, and the other agent did not refund me anything. I recieved a confirmation number but I will file grievances with the Better Business Bureau and charges will be filed with me bank. Cancellation Confirmation : CXN364530RR

23rd of Apr, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research , Inc. - Unauthorived Charges
    Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.
    1269 N Wood Dale Rd
    Wood Dale
    Illinois

Charged twice after the trial pragram for about $ 160.oo.
    We want that money refunded.

• Sh
      30th of Apr, 2009

I too, have been taken advantage of:
    The Advance Wellness Research Inc. is nothing but a scam. I seen the ad and order a trail size, the next thing I got was an overdraft charge on my checking account. I balance my checking account and couldn't believe this company had DONE THIS, NOT ONLY did they get $4.99 for shipping and handling they also took $78.81
    I also had to pay $30.00 overdraft charge. There was nothing signed or authorizing them to touch my account for $78.81 . I could not afford that amount now I'm on a fixed income trying to make ends meet. My husband recently had a heart attach and a stroke and I have a handicapped son to care for.
    I thought I was paying for shipping and handling charge of only $4.99 of the sample size.
    I too, am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau and contacting the Attorney General and going to my bank and placing fraud charges against this business. Order Number 4261903
    I had called this company and their spoke person just laugh, I asked to speak to the manager, she
    just put another rep on and he just laugh, and told me they would not give me my money back.
    So much for helping people in this crunch of time!!!

26th of Jun, 2009

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM !!!
    3 months of calling to cancel delivery i got 3 different cancellation codes and product return codes I returned the items and credit was never received on all 3 occasions 3 phone calls to the company amazingly enough all 3 times the "computer systems were down" i called again today and was told the system was only down for 10 days they don't know how it wasn't canceled the prior 2 times! when i requested the shipments be canceled for the 4th time and insisted to speak to a "floor manager" who spoke little English and i was told that "he feels my pain and understands my concern" and assured me if i sent the cancellation request in e-mail form i would receive a response within 48 hours BUT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE WHEN THE COMPUTER SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK!??. I called the credit card company and they said they cannot stop the future charges. I see no other choice but to cancel my credit card and hope the charges will stop! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
    I am sending an e-mail to Embarq thanking them for promoting this product on their website(NOT!) and suggesting they remove Advanced Wellness Research Pure Acai Berry from their website!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BUYER BEWARE!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~