Advanced Wellness Research Inc / Pure Acai Berry Pro / No contact with company

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Unfortunately I ordered this today and then found all of the complaints .
Well after I read all the complaints, I tried calling the three numbers I have and they all have the voice
Of an Indian woman on the recording. Press1 for order Press2 for cancellation. Etc…..

I tried both just for the hell of it and if you press 1 it tells you to go to the website to reorder. Yeah sure go figure. No one wants to take responsibility. I guess they got hip to the complaints and everyone pressing 1 just to get a human voice.

My only consolation is that I did not use my debit card through my bank. I was then I erased it and said no I better not. So I Used my Mastercard. I went online to check my account. They have not charged me yet. I had gotten the special of $1.99 shipping, which pops up if you try to leave the website. then they will charge me $78.81 after 14 days. I am going to notify my credit card company and close it and get a new card. I cant believe how they do business. You would think that you would want to make money if you have a good product. They have the nerve to put Oprah and Rachael Ray on the site. I ordered my Pure Acai Berry Pro from this site.
www.trypureacaiberry.net

I then called back again to see what option 2 got me. Of course you get classical music then another recorded womans’ voice to leave a message.
Evidently they have many sites and many products. Disguising their treachery.

I wish I had looked harder before I purchased. I really wanted to try it. I am going to Oprah’s site to see if she recommends anything. Buyer beware. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE... YEAH YEAH. IT IS!!! I WISH I TOOK MY OWN ADVICE FIRST... THEY JUST PREY ON THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE OVERWEIGHT.

Ja

Comments

Sh
  4th of Jan, 2009
Advanced Wellness Research - Pure Acai Berry Supplement cancellation
Missouri

On December 14, 2008 I called and canceled my order #21885 as I could not afford it. I was told I would only be charged $28.81. Instead I was charged $78.81. Now I have received order #1989575 and been charged over $85.00. I cannot afford this product and want a cancellation. PLEASE!
Sharron

Do
  6th of Jan, 2009

I'm so glad you found out in time to save your money from them.

I ordered the "free" trial of this product and the "free" 30 day supply of Colon xR and was ask to only pay shipping. It arrived and I have not used it, but my checking account was debited the shipping charges and an unexpected $78.00 and another $78.00 from the Colon xR (for nothing) and $78.00 from the Acai Berry. I looked online and found this is happening to lots of people and I really feel dumb. I went to the bank and they were able to contact Acai Berry and they said there were a certain number of days to return it and the information was on their website. I went home and searched the website and in my opinion the only way in the world to know it wouldn't be the free product would be to read the "Refund and Exchange Policy" at the bottom of the page. Why would anyone look at a Refund and Exchange Policy unless they had purchased a product and wanted a refund or exchange? I did not purchase a "free product", I paid shipping and had no idea I would have to cover the entire website to see if their were strings attached. If there were stipulations about the free offer it should have been clearly visible in the area that needs to be filled out for the free product. The way this offer was presented in their website seems to me to be fraudulent and/or misleading. When I returned home from the bank the Acai Berry person sent an email that said he will credit my account $20.00, I wrote back and told him I wanted all of my money back and would send the pills back (none were used). I haven't heard anything but did file unauthorized transfers at my bank for all three unauthorized transfers of money from my account and tomorrow I will be contacting the Attorney General of my state and the Attorney General for the state of Florida. I did a little research and found the same person owns both companies and his name is Nicholas Molina and is from Miami, Florida. Next I will contact the better business bureau for both states and the Consumers affairs division for Florida. Oh, and the Attorney General and better business bureau for Nampa, Id. SO FAR that is all I've thought of. I am elderly and this made my banking account overdrawn and I am really mad!

De
  14th of Jan, 2009

I too am in the same situation. I ordered the Acai berry and Total Cleanse. And I didn't know about the 14 day trial you had to cancel. So I was charged 78.81 and I've been charged 83.30. But I don't think I was ever charged for the Total Cleanse I canceled that one and they said I had only been charged for the shipping on the trial bottle. But somehow there is 2 charges from Acai berry on my account when I only used 1 site. And both of them say something different. I think I canceled the one for 78.81 and I've returned it so we'll see if I ever get a refund for it. I called and the lady was like why do you want to cancel and I said I hadn't had a change to try it and I'm not paying for something I haven't tried then she kept giving me the run around and putting me on hold. She told me she would credit my account $60.00 and I would get to keep the bottle and I said no I want all my money back I'm sending it back and she still went on and on about the $60.00 she was like why go through the expense of shipping when I will give you $60.00 right now and I said its only going to cost me about a dollar to mail it back to you I want ALL my money back. She was like ok ok you're canceled and have a good day and she was about to hang up on me and since I've done my research I know that you have to have some kind of RMA number to put on the envelope or they won't take it back. I was like WAIT!!! And she was like yes??? And I asked her don't I have to have a number to put on the envelope and she was like oh yeah I guess so. So I got that and a mailed it that day its been about a week and I haven't gotten the refund yet so we'll see if I ever do. I still have to find out what this 83.30 is. Its not the Total Cleanse theres was like 78.84 I think so its not them. And it says TRY ACAI BERRY PRO and the other one said PURE ACAI BERRY so they're 2 different ones. So if anyone has any clues to this let me know. This is such a hassle word to the wise DON'T USE IT!

Gl
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Yesterday, I was going to order Pure Acai Berry Pro and had put in my name, etc., but when I saw that it was almost $80.00 if you kept the bottle and every bottle thereafter, I decided against it and went to look for a different Acai berry source. I didn't put in my CC info, thank goodness. Today I get a call from them (using the phone number I put in yesterday), that they were doing a special and were going to send me the trial for only 1.99 S&H, and they were calling everyone to let them know about the lower charge, but they needed my CC info. because whatever I entered on the web site had been processed and deleted from the system, and they didn't want to double charge me so they wanted the same card info I had put in the day before - which all sounded fishy. I had ordered from a different site and thought maybe it was the same guys, but when I looked at the receipt I had printed, I ealized it was not the same people and the AcaiBerry Pro folks were just trying to get my card info. I told them "No Thank You" and hung up. The nerve of perople! - - Unfortunately, based on what I've read, the product i did order (AcaiBurn) is also a scam and I'll probably be out of money on it, but at least they didn't get me twice.

El
  21st of Jan, 2009

I called to cancel the product because it caused me to have headaches and I received a confirmation number and they still debited my account $78. Now I am trying to get it back. My complaint was real and I called before my 15 days were up and they still take the money from your account. I DO NOT RECOMEND this product or the service you receive from Advance Wellness Research Inc. Why am I out the 78 dallors when I did exactly what their web site told me to do try it and if I do not like it call and cancel with in the 15 days and nothing would be charged. Instead I can not get thru to a Supervisor or Manager when I call in. How does this company run with out a Managment present??

Je
  24th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Same story, except I used a debit card. After I treatened the obviously outsourced rep with blogging etc to warn people about this fraud, He credited me $60.00 of the $80.00. This is a terrible fraud on the public. DON'T BUY THROUGH THESE TRIAL OFFERS! THE PRODUCTS ARE USELESS AND IT IS A SCAM TO GET INTO YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS AND ROB YOU!

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!

Agree Disagree +2 Votes

omg!! im so scared you guys i didnt read all of the website before i order it..
im so scared now that they might so what they did to you guys to me..
i hope not...should i cancell my credit card now before they charge me??
i don;t know people please advise me!!!

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i just want to know where i can go cancel because i dont;t want to be charge with all this stuff.

St
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

SAME STORYYYYY :i can beleive it guys ...after read all this comment i've call them to stop every thing i mean the free trial i''ve asked for -you cannot imagine what i'm ear? that crazy people already charged my credit card (mastercard).
THEN I CALLED MASTER CARD to complain about this thift company .they already changed my credit card number and they are going to dispute for me...

Te
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I ordered using a pre-paid debit card brought from the local grocery store. I felt like this might be a scam, so if they try to charge my card, they will be tring a "throw away" card with a set dollar amount. HAHA--jokes on them!

Ci
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

the thing is, I never ordered the Pure Acai Berry Pro online, I ordered another free trial about some teeth whitening thing, but it sent me the Pure Acai Berrt Pro thing instead and I called them immediately to arrange the return of the pills
I dont know if this is a fraud or they just simply messed up my order, but it seems fishy to me either way. It says the teeth-whitening product is free online, and I hope I dont get charged for anything beyond the shipping cost, or else I can never get my momey back since I paid with my debit card. The sad part is that I've been decevied by such an online offer once before, it can't be happening again. All those dame frauds go to hell!

Jw
  27th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

This company should be put out of Business, I can't not believe that they get away with putting Oprah's name on it, I Tried to get a hold of someone as soon as I placed the order and found out what I was going to be charged and of course couldn't get anyone, so I then started emailing this company that they should stop my order immediately, and only got response as THANK YOU for your order, OF COURSE they wanted to thank me, they had just got another sucker into their system. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE, I really have learnt a lesson.

Ka
  28th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

oh my G-d!! I cancelled my order - I got through to someone by phone. After reading this I'm not trusting that they cancelled my order and will cancel the debit card I used. AH!!! Lesson learned.

29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

omg i called them and i cancell my order also and then i sent back the pills to them
should i cancel my credit card so they won;t charge me in future reference??

Ga
  29th of Jan, 2009

I too got caught in the scam. I place my order on 1/22/2009 and recieved my acai samples on 1/28/2009 and I called them at 1-866-964-1011 to cancel my trial period so i dont get billed any more. When you call you will hear an automated voice prompt first telling you about purchasing, then about canceling and then about any other questions. I waited and push #2 for the third option and got right on to speak with some guy in India. I said I wanted to cancel my order and he tried about 3 times to get me to reconsider. First trying to extend my free trial, then my trying to lower my monthy payment from the usual $78 or whatever to $30. No way. I just said I want to cancel. IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU RECIEVE A RMA # TO PUT ON THE SHIPPING PACKAGE WHEN YOU SEND IT BACK IN ORDER TO BE REFUNDED! ALSO DEMAND A CANCELATION CONFORMATION NUMBER! SHIP BACK ASAP AND MAKE SURE YOU PUT A TRACKING ON IT SO YOU MAKE SURE 100% THAT IT GETS TO THE PLACE!
i just called literally 30 mins ago to cancel so im crossing my fingers that i wont be charged. Good luck everyone!

Ke
  1st of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I was dumb enough to order this product today but after reading ALL the complaints I also called my credit card account and closed my visa account with capitalone. I'm getting a new card sent to me and my LESSON HAS BEEN LEARNED!!!
I truly thought this was legetit but, it isn't.

Ta
  2nd of Feb, 2009

Well, I just had the same issue regarding being charged 78.81 for a product that I cancelled. I did not get a confirmation # and was told that it was my mistake not thiers. I am never ordering online again.

Sincerely, Tami G.

Lo
  2nd of Feb, 2009

Yes I too ordered this phony product. I tried to cancel the order the same day after reading all the hidden clauses. I was given the run-around about it being sent out already. I ordered last friday and received the pills on monday (they Shipped it quick). Anyway I called and cancelled my debit card too. Despite all the ripoffs, has anyne actually tried the product? Just Curious.

Sa
  2nd of Feb, 2009

I just wanted to thank you all for adding these comments to help people who think that they are getting something they aren't actually getting. I would have never known otherwise. Thank you again for all of the comments! I too cancelled my credit card immedaitley after reading these. Sadly, I should have read them BEFORE I ordered, if only I had known! Like someone else said, if it's too good to be true, it is. What a rip off!

Ja
Advanced Wellness Research Inc/Pure Acai Berry Pro - charges
Advanced Wellness Research Inc
Wisconsin

I read the TERMS OF SERVICE, and trust all companies to stand behind what they put in print, but I made a huge mistake in that before ordering my free trial, I did NOT read people's warnings, in that this company will charge the $78.81, even though they say they only charge for shipping and handling. I called the company immediately upon reading this warning (same day I received the free bottle, which is only 4 days from ordering). The guy I talked to I could hardly understand, and I repeatedly asked him to repeat and to speak slowly. He kept insisting he had to charge me the $78.81. I told him NO, I would not be charged because it was still only 4 days. He told me I had to return the bottle in order to not be charged. He gave me a #, and I will return everything, but I'm not sure he meant anything he said. I immediately called my credit card company to tell them of this. They have a note on file about this and will stand behind me.