Advanced Wellness Research Inc / Pure Acai Berry Pro / No contact with company

1 Review updated:

Unfortunately I ordered this today and then found all of the complaints .
Well after I read all the complaints, I tried calling the three numbers I have and they all have the voice
Of an Indian woman on the recording. Press1 for order Press2 for cancellation. Etc…..

I tried both just for the hell of it and if you press 1 it tells you to go to the website to reorder. Yeah sure go figure. No one wants to take responsibility. I guess they got hip to the complaints and everyone pressing 1 just to get a human voice.

My only consolation is that I did not use my debit card through my bank. I was then I erased it and said no I better not. So I Used my Mastercard. I went online to check my account. They have not charged me yet. I had gotten the special of $1.99 shipping, which pops up if you try to leave the website. then they will charge me $78.81 after 14 days. I am going to notify my credit card company and close it and get a new card. I cant believe how they do business. You would think that you would want to make money if you have a good product. They have the nerve to put Oprah and Rachael Ray on the site. I ordered my Pure Acai Berry Pro from this site.
www.trypureacaiberry.net

I then called back again to see what option 2 got me. Of course you get classical music then another recorded womans’ voice to leave a message.
Evidently they have many sites and many products. Disguising their treachery.

I wish I had looked harder before I purchased. I really wanted to try it. I am going to Oprah’s site to see if she recommends anything. Buyer beware. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE... YEAH YEAH. IT IS!!! I WISH I TOOK MY OWN ADVICE FIRST... THEY JUST PREY ON THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE OVERWEIGHT.

Ja

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 04, 2009
    Advanced Wellness Research - Pure Acai Berry Supplement cancellation
    Missouri

On December 14, 2008 I called and canceled my order #21885 as I could not afford it. I was told I would only be charged $28.81. Instead I was charged $78.81. Now I have received order #1989575 and been charged over $85.00. I cannot afford this product and want a cancellation. PLEASE!
    Sharron

• Do
      Jan 06, 2009

I'm so glad you found out in time to save your money from them.

I ordered the "free" trial of this product and the "free" 30 day supply of Colon xR and was ask to only pay shipping. It arrived and I have not used it, but my checking account was debited the shipping charges and an unexpected $78.00 and another $78.00 from the Colon xR (for nothing) and $78.00 from the Acai Berry. I looked online and found this is happening to lots of people and I really feel dumb. I went to the bank and they were able to contact Acai Berry and they said there were a certain number of days to return it and the information was on their website. I went home and searched the website and in my opinion the only way in the world to know it wouldn't be the free product would be to read the "Refund and Exchange Policy" at the bottom of the page. Why would anyone look at a Refund and Exchange Policy unless they had purchased a product and wanted a refund or exchange? I did not purchase a "free product", I paid shipping and had no idea I would have to cover the entire website to see if their were strings attached. If there were stipulations about the free offer it should have been clearly visible in the area that needs to be filled out for the free product. The way this offer was presented in their website seems to me to be fraudulent and/or misleading. When I returned home from the bank the Acai Berry person sent an email that said he will credit my account $20.00, I wrote back and told him I wanted all of my money back and would send the pills back (none were used). I haven't heard anything but did file unauthorized transfers at my bank for all three unauthorized transfers of money from my account and tomorrow I will be contacting the Attorney General of my state and the Attorney General for the state of Florida. I did a little research and found the same person owns both companies and his name is Nicholas Molina and is from Miami, Florida. Next I will contact the better business bureau for both states and the Consumers affairs division for Florida. Oh, and the Attorney General and better business bureau for Nampa, Id. SO FAR that is all I've thought of. I am elderly and this made my banking account overdrawn and I am really mad!

Jan 14, 2009

I too am in the same situation. I ordered the Acai berry and Total Cleanse. And I didn't know about the 14 day trial you had to cancel. So I was charged 78.81 and I've been charged 83.30. But I don't think I was ever charged for the Total Cleanse I canceled that one and they said I had only been charged for the shipping on the trial bottle. But somehow there is 2 charges from Acai berry on my account when I only used 1 site. And both of them say something different. I think I canceled the one for 78.81 and I've returned it so we'll see if I ever get a refund for it. I called and the lady was like why do you want to cancel and I said I hadn't had a change to try it and I'm not paying for something I haven't tried then she kept giving me the run around and putting me on hold. She told me she would credit my account $60.00 and I would get to keep the bottle and I said no I want all my money back I'm sending it back and she still went on and on about the $60.00 she was like why go through the expense of shipping when I will give you $60.00 right now and I said its only going to cost me about a dollar to mail it back to you I want ALL my money back. She was like ok ok you're canceled and have a good day and she was about to hang up on me and since I've done my research I know that you have to have some kind of RMA number to put on the envelope or they won't take it back. I was like WAIT!!! And she was like yes??? And I asked her don't I have to have a number to put on the envelope and she was like oh yeah I guess so. So I got that and a mailed it that day its been about a week and I haven't gotten the refund yet so we'll see if I ever do. I still have to find out what this 83.30 is. Its not the Total Cleanse theres was like 78.84 I think so its not them. And it says TRY ACAI BERRY PRO and the other one said PURE ACAI BERRY so they're 2 different ones. So if anyone has any clues to this let me know. This is such a hassle word to the wise DON'T USE IT!

• Gl
      Jan 21, 2009

Yesterday, I was going to order Pure Acai Berry Pro and had put in my name, etc., but when I saw that it was almost $80.00 if you kept the bottle and every bottle thereafter, I decided against it and went to look for a different Acai berry source. I didn't put in my CC info, thank goodness. Today I get a call from them (using the phone number I put in yesterday), that they were doing a special and were going to send me the trial for only 1.99 S&H, and they were calling everyone to let them know about the lower charge, but they needed my CC info. because whatever I entered on the web site had been processed and deleted from the system, and they didn't want to double charge me so they wanted the same card info I had put in the day before - which all sounded fishy. I had ordered from a different site and thought maybe it was the same guys, but when I looked at the receipt I had printed, I ealized it was not the same people and the AcaiBerry Pro folks were just trying to get my card info. I told them "No Thank You" and hung up. The nerve of perople! - - Unfortunately, based on what I've read, the product i did order (AcaiBurn) is also a scam and I'll probably be out of money on it, but at least they didn't get me twice.

• El
      Jan 21, 2009

I called to cancel the product because it caused me to have headaches and I received a confirmation number and they still debited my account $78. Now I am trying to get it back. My complaint was real and I called before my 15 days were up and they still take the money from your account. I DO NOT RECOMEND this product or the service you receive from Advance Wellness Research Inc. Why am I out the 78 dallors when I did exactly what their web site told me to do try it and if I do not like it call and cancel with in the 15 days and nothing would be charged. Instead I can not get thru to a Supervisor or Manager when I call in. How does this company run with out a Managment present??

Jan 24, 2009

Same story, except I used a debit card. After I treatened the obviously outsourced rep with blogging etc to warn people about this fraud, He credited me $60.00 of the $80.00. This is a terrible fraud on the public. DON'T BUY THROUGH THESE TRIAL OFFERS! THE PRODUCTS ARE USELESS AND IT IS A SCAM TO GET INTO YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS AND ROB YOU!

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!

Jan 26, 2009

omg!! im so scared you guys i didnt read all of the website before i order it..
    im so scared now that they might so what they did to you guys to me..
    i hope not...should i cancell my credit card now before they charge me??
    i don;t know people please advise me!!!

Jan 26, 2009

i just want to know where i can go cancel because i dont;t want to be charge with all this stuff.

• St
      Jan 26, 2009

SAME STORYYYYY :i can beleive it guys ...after read all this comment i've call them to stop every thing i mean the free trial i''ve asked for -you cannot imagine what i'm ear? that crazy people already charged my credit card (mastercard).
    THEN I CALLED MASTER CARD to complain about this thift company .they already changed my credit card number and they are going to dispute for me...

• Te
      Jan 26, 2009

I ordered using a pre-paid debit card brought from the local grocery store. I felt like this might be a scam, so if they try to charge my card, they will be tring a "throw away" card with a set dollar amount. HAHA--jokes on them!

• Ci
      Jan 26, 2009

the thing is, I never ordered the Pure Acai Berry Pro online, I ordered another free trial about some teeth whitening thing, but it sent me the Pure Acai Berrt Pro thing instead and I called them immediately to arrange the return of the pills
    I dont know if this is a fraud or they just simply messed up my order, but it seems fishy to me either way. It says the teeth-whitening product is free online, and I hope I dont get charged for anything beyond the shipping cost, or else I can never get my momey back since I paid with my debit card. The sad part is that I've been decevied by such an online offer once before, it can't be happening again. All those dame frauds go to hell!

• Jw
      Jan 27, 2009

This company should be put out of Business, I can't not believe that they get away with putting Oprah's name on it, I Tried to get a hold of someone as soon as I placed the order and found out what I was going to be charged and of course couldn't get anyone, so I then started emailing this company that they should stop my order immediately, and only got response as THANK YOU for your order, OF COURSE they wanted to thank me, they had just got another sucker into their system. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE, I really have learnt a lesson.

• Ka
      Jan 28, 2009

oh my G-d!! I cancelled my order - I got through to someone by phone. After reading this I'm not trusting that they cancelled my order and will cancel the debit card I used. AH!!! Lesson learned.

Jan 29, 2009

omg i called them and i cancell my order also and then i sent back the pills to them
    should i cancel my credit card so they won;t charge me in future reference??

• Ga
      Jan 29, 2009

I too got caught in the scam. I place my order on 1/22/2009 and recieved my acai samples on 1/28/2009 and I called them at [protected] to cancel my trial period so i dont get billed any more. When you call you will hear an automated voice prompt first telling you about purchasing, then about canceling and then about any other questions. I waited and push #2 for the third option and got right on to speak with some guy in India. I said I wanted to cancel my order and he tried about 3 times to get me to reconsider. First trying to extend my free trial, then my trying to lower my monthy payment from the usual $78 or whatever to $30. No way. I just said I want to cancel. IMPORTANT MAKE SURE YOU RECIEVE A RMA # TO PUT ON THE SHIPPING PACKAGE WHEN YOU SEND IT BACK IN ORDER TO BE REFUNDED! ALSO DEMAND A CANCELATION CONFORMATION NUMBER! SHIP BACK ASAP AND MAKE SURE YOU PUT A TRACKING ON IT SO YOU MAKE SURE 100% THAT IT GETS TO THE PLACE!
    i just called literally 30 mins ago to cancel so im crossing my fingers that i wont be charged. Good luck everyone!

• Ke
      Feb 01, 2009

I was dumb enough to order this product today but after reading ALL the complaints I also called my credit card account and closed my visa account with capitalone. I'm getting a new card sent to me and my LESSON HAS BEEN LEARNED!!!
    I truly thought this was legetit but, it isn't.

• Ta
      Feb 02, 2009

Well, I just had the same issue regarding being charged 78.81 for a product that I cancelled. I did not get a confirmation # and was told that it was my mistake not thiers. I am never ordering online again.

Sincerely, Tami G.

Feb 02, 2009

Yes I too ordered this phony product. I tried to cancel the order the same day after reading all the hidden clauses. I was given the run-around about it being sent out already. I ordered last friday and received the pills on monday (they Shipped it quick). Anyway I called and cancelled my debit card too. Despite all the ripoffs, has anyne actually tried the product? Just Curious.

Feb 02, 2009

I just wanted to thank you all for adding these comments to help people who think that they are getting something they aren't actually getting. I would have never known otherwise. Thank you again for all of the comments! I too cancelled my credit card immedaitley after reading these. Sadly, I should have read them BEFORE I ordered, if only I had known! Like someone else said, if it's too good to be true, it is. What a rip off!

Advanced Wellness Research Inc/Pure Acai Berry Pro - charges
    Advanced Wellness Research Inc
    Wisconsin

I read the TERMS OF SERVICE, and trust all companies to stand behind what they put in print, but I made a huge mistake in that before ordering my free trial, I did NOT read people's warnings, in that this company will charge the $78.81, even though they say they only charge for shipping and handling. I called the company immediately upon reading this warning (same day I received the free bottle, which is only 4 days from ordering). The guy I talked to I could hardly understand, and I repeatedly asked him to repeat and to speak slowly. He kept insisting he had to charge me the $78.81. I told him NO, I would not be charged because it was still only 4 days. He told me I had to return the bottle in order to not be charged. He gave me a #, and I will return everything, but I'm not sure he meant anything he said. I immediately called my credit card company to tell them of this. They have a note on file about this and will stand behind me.

• Re
      Feb 02, 2009

I think that is the worst i have ever done. I also canceld my Creditcard
    and send a Complaint to the BBB in Florida.I also send a E-mail to Oprah, DR Phil and Rachel Ray and let them know that there good Name is being used in such a Scam.i dont know if they ever see it but it made me feel better.

• Pr
      Feb 02, 2009

I had the same problem with Acai Berry. But if you read the Terms and Conditions as you always should before you trial anything it clearly stipulates that unless you cancel your order within two weeks of your trial you will be automatically billed and sent monthly supplies... Guess people should do their homework before posting complaints

• Sh
      Feb 03, 2009

Thank you all so much for sharing. I just had been on the site for the "free" trial offer for the Acai Berry Pro. I didn't like that there was only one page and no where else to get more information on the product itself, so I googled it and came across this site regarding their scamming. So from one very grateful person, thank you for sharing your nightmare with this company. I hope you all get your refunds and that from the complaints being sent to those who need to know, that this company will be shut down from preying on more people.

• Lu
      Feb 05, 2009

I have been going through this for months. Trying to get a refund from Pure Acai Berry Pro for product never received. They old me it must have been lost in shippment. Who cares when I canceled the product order just minutes after ordering. I too kept reading the info we don';t get access too until after the order is placed. HA! SCAM. BUT I knew to cancel it immediately thinking that would resolve the issue. Not so. They charged my debit card $4.95 for shipping for something they never sent and then 14 days later they charged me $78.81 for the product never received. Then they told me to wait till they resent it inorder for me to send it back TO GET REFUND. ha! WHAT A JOKE. All in all it has gone like this witih many emails and phone caslls, 4 Ph #'s in all, and today they tell me I am not a customer of theirs at all so there is nothing they can do since i am not there customer. Supposedly my Order # is not a # they use. Can you imagine the frustration I feel. The $78.81 came out of my acct on Dec.15. jsut before Christmas. How would you like to loos money when you need it so badly before a holiday? Even now to have no resolve for it. I am calling or reporting to Better Business Beureau and this site and anywhere else I can thing of. l Then of course calling my bank for a dispute to be filed. Hopefully one day a miracle will occure and restitution made. This is nothing but a scam and I wish so much that all people could read these reports before ordering this product and be saved from so much tresss and money loss.

Feb 07, 2009

Sorry to everyone that was ripped off from this so called company. I also cancelled my credit card after being charged 1.99 for the shipping. Luckily they hadn't had time to charge the additional hiden fees that people arent aware of . The product was shipped in 2 business days & Im kind of hesitant to try it.So Im just wondering, despite the ripoff, has anyone tried this product & does it actually work? Looking foward to your response. Have a nice day because after the word gets out about this scam Im pretty sure the person behind this ordeal will be doing just the opposite. Hopefully rotting in a jail cell & being passed around for a smoke. LOL.

Feb 07, 2009

Lonely, I ordered the product too. I used a Visa gift card for the Acai Berry and also the Total Cleanse so if they charge it to the card at the end they will have to charge it to the game. The remainder on the card is ten dollars so they can have that, I will send the product back well I can get in touch with some one to get the code to send it back.I would like to know how they got Oprah
    on this product before it got out like this without it getting into the public. I would like to know if anyone was charged did they take the product and call it a lost or what did they do. I hope something is done about these people who take the time to scam other people.

Feb 11, 2009

OK... I totally agree that they are scamming money... BUT is anyone taking the product. Does it work?

• Do
      Feb 13, 2009

actually two weeks ago i ordered this acai berry product with the intraclease. Yes i have been losing weight thats why i went looking for the product again online i went to the site pure acai berry and ordered the one that was said to have five stars top on the list with greentea in it. Yes those ###s scammed me took 90.oo out my account can u believe it, yes my card was pre paid so i don't have that much to worry about just the nerve of those ### im heated i called its late so it was a answer machine. ill call back tomarrow you betta believe that. My opinion try to find something simular at the store or order from another site not the one that has green tea in it. So to answer the question of does the product work i would say yes i say i lost at least 10 pounds in 2 weeks but i slowed down the amount of calories i take in the product that just scammed me suppose to be stronger so ill write back in a couple of weeks and let u no how it went.
    Donna

• Kg
      Feb 14, 2009

You People should be more savvy. At the bottom of there screen, they disclose to you that you will be charged after 14 days, so hop to it. When you get your product in the mail, don't delay!

And how do we know that some of these callers were calling after hours and that is why they received the recording.

Come on people, do you really think any of these offers are truly free?! No! and even if you do want a refund after maybe 2 days they make you return the bottles. Get real and get smart CONSUMER PUBLIC!!!

• Pa
      Feb 14, 2009

I ordered a trial bottle, but didn't feel right about it, so I called them 5 minutes later to cancel. Some guy with an Indian accent told me I couldn't cancel, and that I'd have to wait until the product arrived and then cancel. That really didn't sound right so I called my visa and cancelled the card. The Indian man also told me I could keep the pills and not send them back, even if I did cancel. I wouldn't believe anything anyone from that company ever told me. Normally I wouldn't have fallen for this, but I believed that the product was endorsed by Oprah.

Feb 15, 2009

I'm still hassling with these people. I sent that bottle weeks ago and never got a refund. Can never get hold of anyone over the phone. So I switched to emails. Then they tell me that I could not get a refund when the lady told me I could. So I've emailed them and keep getting the same response that they can not process refunds over emails and that I have to call but when I try to call I never get anyone and if I do they put me on hold and never return. I was charged twice somehow and only ever got one bottle. I was charged $78.81 and $83.30. I just get this email a few minutes ago saying that $83.30 would be refunded to my card within 3-5 business days. We will see but thats all find and dandy but what happens to my other $78.81 that was charged on there when I only ever received one bottle and mailed it back. So we shall see.

• Mm
      Feb 18, 2009

Sadly I didn't realize this until after the fact when I was checking my account balance and saw the $78.00 charge!! I am sitting on hold now as I type so far have been on hold for 8 minutes. Next resort is going to the bank and cacelling my debit card. This is a SCAM ... sorry I didn't do more research before I ordered this crap, doesn't even work anyway!!!

• Mm
      Feb 18, 2009

fyi ... still on hold 17 minutes later!!!

• Li
      Feb 19, 2009

Very Much like the ACai Berry:

I have paid for the Pure Cleanse Pro Free Trail. My credit card has been charged for 2 transactions instantly.

I have received no receipt via email or any other communication.
    I have tried to contact the company on
    [protected] as stated in the terms and conditions and phone company claims it is disconnected.
    The online chat service is constantly unavailable. The link to the chat company enables you to chat and they claim they know nothing!!
    The purchase site is:

As I am a customer; and have the a right to be able to communicate a company who now has my credit card details this matter is very concerning.
    Below is the website link that product was obtained from:

This is very unfair, the company "Purecleanse Pro" is also an advert on Facebook. Berware People!

• Ba
      Feb 23, 2009

Is it true what some of these other people are saying about this product being a waste of money because I don't want to scammed like some of the others. If this is a scam than I want my money back and I would like to cancel my order. I do not want to be take like some of the other people who lost money on this. I have a brother who is very concerned about this, he is very afraid that this product is a total waste of time and money. He said that there is no miracle drug that will help you with weight loss. He said that the only way to do it is by watching what you eat and exercising. This is very hard for me to do. I do exercise everyday and I try watching what I eat but it is a very hard thing to do. That is why I decided to try your product and also because it is very healthy for your body as well. I don't want to be the person who is scammed just like the others. But if this is true that it doesn't work and that it is a waste of money than I want my money back and I want to cancel my order. If it is not true that this product is a total waste of money and I don't wind up being one of the ones scammed than maybe I will continue to try it.

Thanks

Barbara

Feb 23, 2009

Wow its a miracle! I got some money back! Only half of what they took from me but still I have some back. I was told I was getting a refund for the 78.81 and 83.30 I got the 78.81 so we'll see if I get the other back in the next few days I was told it could take up to a week. So we'll see. But I finally got something back!

• Em
      Feb 24, 2009

I ORDER THE PURE ACAI BERRY PRO. THEN I SEE ALL THE BAD FEEBACK ABOUT THIS. SO I LOOKED EVERY WHERE TO FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION. COULD NOT SEEM TO FIND ANY TILL I LOOKED ON THE BOTTLE GOT A NIMBER WHERE I ACTUALLY GOT TO TALK TO SOME ONE. THEY GAVE ME MY CANCELLATION # UNLIKE SOME OF YOU COULD NOT GET. THE NUMBER IS [protected]-WELL. THEY HAVE AN ADDRESS TO MIAMI BEACH, FL 33139. NO STREET ADDRESS THOUGH. I HAVENT EVEN TRIED IT AND ALREADY REGRETING IT READ AND SEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY. I WAS JUST TO EXCITED AND GOT [censored]ED IN THE ENTIRE THING. GOOD LUCK, EMILY

Feb 25, 2009

I'm really skeptical now after reading all the reviews. I too ordered the Pure Acai Berry Pro and the Pure Clense. I just received the Pure Acai Berry Pro in the mail today and I'm already wanting to cancel my order. Like most, I was excited about trying the product and didn't bother researching it any further. Just read a few testimonials on it and it convinced me to try it. I am really curious how it works. I think I will take everyones advise and go ahead and cancel the order tomorrow so they won't charge me. Thanks guys!!!

• Jl
      Feb 27, 2009

I was charged for both after the 14 days. I called the phone numbers on my bank statement. For the Acai Berry, I was refunded 60 of the 78, for the Pure Cleanse they refunded the whole thing. Pure Cleanse has a 30 day money back guarantee so if you call and say you are unhappy, it doesn't work and you want your money back, they will do it. For the Acai Berry I had to threaten that I would tell everyone I knew and their brother that it was a scam. I wouldn't be so upset if the stuff actually worked but it seems pretty useless to me. For Acai Berry Pro I called [protected]. The other is [protected]. Now I'm only out $18.00 and learned a valuable less. Could have been worse. Good luck.

Feb 27, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Stop posting on the internet, you want to hurt this company where it counts. Well post your complaints on the FTC website (Federal Trade Commission ) and the BBB ( Better Business Buerau, that is why those companies are in business to investigate corrupt groups such as Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. Stop calling them and start having the Federal Government investigate these folks. So they don't want to refund you, well if everyone would post a complaint on the FTC website, and believe me this company will have to abide by the laws to run a business, then you will see results. If you happen to get a hold of someone at the company let them know you have called the FTC and placed a formal complaint against them, see how fast they hang up the phone in a panic. You have the upper hand as the consumer, use it to your advantage and get results fast. This company seems to think that you will not do anything except lie there and take it.
    It's 2009~ start taking control of your rights not to be taken any more.

Good Luck