Advance Telecom / Virus programme

18 Lowan Avenue, Templestowe Lower 3107Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
Phone: +61 413 811 454
I have the same problem with the other complainants with Advance Telecom. I paid $44.96, purportedly for a 3 year membership for a on-line virus scanner and an accelerator but didn't receive the product. I wrote to ask for a refund but didn't hear back from them. Below are the transaction details:

Transaction ID: 9D7612859G058425P
Item Price: $44.96 USD
Total: $44.96 USD
Order Description: 3 Year VIP Membership and 1 Extra Feature(s)
Item/Product Number: 1
Me

Comments

Ch
  18th of Nov, 2008
i to have the same problem has everyone else i thought i brought nero 9 but ended up getting a email from advance telcom to say i got a 3 years membership and 2 extra features and that they had charged me $107.11 aud receipt number 2560-4570-2567-4870 so i rang paypal to see what could be done about it and they told me to ring 866 903 455 and ask for a refund . what i would like to know is what in thehell is the 3 years membership for when all i wanted to buy was nero 9 regards perth western australie
Bi
  24th of Jan, 2009
I'm in Ohio, USA. Thought I was getting SpyBot Search and Destroy antispyware. Got some sign-up page that looked legit. I thought this software was free, but I was in a hurry. Paid Advance Telecom, Inc. $35.01 for 3 yr VIP membership (with upgrades). No download instructions provided. Found out this company is a scam. Called the number I had 1-866-998-0515 and got some guy in Pakistan (I think). He says funds will be refunded. Will wait and see.
Na
  8th of Feb, 2009
A friend of mine had a similar problem. He had problems with viruses and tried to download ZoneAlarm and ended up paying Advanced Telecom for software that did nothing. Same phone situation 866-998-0515 and answered somewhere in the middle east. I'm guessing since his computer was already infected he's being redirected to a phony website regardless what software he was trying to download. The pages looks convincing, but, not the same. Very clever scam which I believe is a part of a virus or spyware attack.
Jo
  24th of Apr, 2009
I too now see that I was scammed by this bunch of goobers. Same M/O, $35.01 charge on the screen for 3 yr VIP membership (with upgrades) for the" AVAST HOME" antivirus software download. No download instructions provided or available. No email response and that site also locked up my computer during this time as well. I'm just now disputing the charge thru my bank. Some folks need to go to jail for this scam!
I'm in GA.