Ace Hardware-Rebate Scam / do not fall for the rebate scam

CA, United States Review updated:
1st denial: & ldquo;items exceeded limit”
My response: as is clearly visible on the rebate form, we did not exceed the limit on any item.

2nd denial: & ldquo;ace sku not found”.
My response:
(a) in my original submission, I had submitted the original upc bar codes cut out from merchandise.in the attached copy of the same, you’ll find 7 upc bar codes corresponding the to 7 items listed in the top section of the rebate.
(b) the ace store where I made the purchase does not have a cash register that imprints sku number on the receipt.

As you can see from above correspondence, there is no consistency in your reasons for the denial. it appears as though new reasons are thought up each time

Boycott ace hard
Kp

Comments

Ho
  17th of Jun, 2010
/URL removed/
Ho
  17th of Jun, 2010
I filed a rebate online. It showed the rebate without me having to enter anything along with the sku. I got a postcard saying it was invalid because the sku number was not found. I would have probably thrown it out thinking it was junk mail except for the fact that an employee at ACE said to look out for a post card because most people complain that they never receive the rebates. I called and they asked me to give them the sku from the receipt and said something about that they didn't scan the card properly when I bought it... which makes no sense since the number is on the receipt and the rebate was in their system. He said the rebate is now valid and they're processing it. Something is definitely broken here or they are trying to scam people into not receiving these rebates.
Jr
  11th of Nov, 2010
Carefully filled out all information on form, sent original receipt and bar code from 2 pkgs. Ace says they sent me a postcard stating my receipt was missing. I definately included my receipt and all proper paperwork requested. Refused to process the rebate of $25.85 and said the promotion had ended and there was nothing they could do to help me. I always made it a point to buy as much as I could from Ace...trying to support the smaller hardware stores. Not anymore...I will give all my business to Home Depot and Lowe's!!!
Ph
  12th of Nov, 2012
Same here. I did everything perfectly, as I am no stranger to doing rebates. The reward card was scanned and the number printed on the receipt, as did the sku, short description and price. I removed all the upc's from the box, just in case, and scanned everything for my records. Then I decided to do it online since it said that if I had the reward number on the receipt, I could submit online. I did. Weeks later I received a card saying the rebate was not being honored because the ACE SKU was not found. It was right on my copy of the receipt so surely their copy must have it also! Since I had submitted the rebate at the beginning of the offer, I resubmitted, following very closely, the guidelines for resubmitting, by mail. I sent in all the original hard copies, by certified mail. The original rejection card said it had to be returned by Oct. 13, 2012. It was delivered at 9:07 on Oct. 5, 2012. As yet I haven't received my rebate, nor is their rebate portion of the website working at present. The part for buying stuff is working though... So, if that $30 rebate doesn't show up, I'm never buying another thing from ACE. There are too many other stores from which to choose, to waste time on these guys.

Ace Hardware Logo Ace Hardware