Complaints & Reviews

stay far away from brandywine ace hardware

Brandywine ace hardware in pocopson (Chadds ford, pa) is a great hardware and paint store. They should stick with what they do best. I made the mistake of sending in my hustler fastrak mower for std. Maintenance, in response to an ad they posted in the local paper. This is the email I sent them (To which they did not respond) : "over a month ago, in response to a local newspaper ad, I had my hustler fastrak mower taken into your power equip. Shop for std. Maintenance. It had been maintained by power pro, but I mistakenly assumed your power equip. Dept. Was on a par with your well-run lawn and hardware store.

Prior to leaving on a vacation on 3/26, I was told the unit would be picked up on 3/24, maintenance performed, and the mower delivered upon our return on or soon after 4/7. The mower was picked up (After 2 follow-up telephone calls from me to find out whether they would, in fact, pick up the mower) on the 3/26. I had received no calls initiated from your dept.in regard to the delay.

I waited a week after our return to call about the mower. I was told"melissa???"would look into it and call me. She did not call me. I called back and after lots of paper shuffling, was told I was"10th in line to be repaired, and I would be called when it was ready, the guys are busy, the guys are working as fast as they can", and bunch of other similar crappy lines.

Another week passed and no call. I called again and was told pump filters had to be ordered. I asked when they were expected. I was told by the same female employee, she would check with the parts mgr. And call me back. No call back was received.

More days passed. I called again and spoke with bob, the newly installed department manager. I asked what was the problem with performing the maintenance and whether I would get better answers from the owner. He assured me he would handle the matter and then I could take it up to the next level. Yesterday, bob left a message informing me the filters have arrived and the unit should be done yesterday.

I have not heard back from bob. I am taking this to the next level.

The unit had been maintained by power pro.in response to your ad and generally good reputation, I gave the unit to you to maintain. There are at least 2 nearby hustler dealers who probably would have lent you the 2 filters. You may have had a new hustler unit in stock from which filters may have been borrowed.

I have had to have my rather large lawn mowed twice by contractors and have had to pay an unexpected $100 for the service. (Service by the way is defined as variously as: 1. An act of helpful activity; help; aid: to do someone a service, 2. The supplying or supplier of utilities or commodities, as water, electricity, or gas, required or demanded by the public, 3. The providing or a provider of accommodation and activities required by the public, as maintenance, repair, etc. : the manufacturer guarantees service and parts, etc., etc.)

I do not care for circular definitions but, I am sure you get the point. I am in a service business, as are you. If I cannot provide a certain level of service which is expected by my customers, I will lose them as customers. There is simply too much competition in my business and yours to expect customers to tolerate the level of"service"I have received from your power equip. Dept."

circular shows sale starts

Circular appears in june 1 newspaper and indicates that "sale runs now through june 14th, 2010. " when I...

drunk employie

I did not like the way this employie was talking to customers he was real short and was kind of yelling at the customers, getting inoyed with anyone who asked him anything. His face was a mix of yellow and bright red (I think from the alcohol I smelt when it was my turn to ask him!!Then it all was clear this guy does not belong in customer service, , I will never shop there again!!!

misleading information and terrible customer service

I ordered an item on Ace Hardware internet site. It was to be delivered to a store. I got an e-mail message advising me that the item was shipped and if it was to go to a store it "is" at the store. Went there, no item. Called the Ace Hardware helpline. "Tim" advised me that the e-mail message Ace sent me was inaccurate and that nothing could be done to assist me except continue to contact the store to which the item was to be sent. No supervisor was available to speak to and no other individual would be able to assist me, according to Tim.

• St
    Stephen Kennedy Jul 18, 2012

Ace Hardware in Indonesia is a big joke, the custurmer service is very bad no one speaks English and if you cant find what your looking for forget, its like being lost in a jungle and talking to monkeys to find your wway out. they dont have a clu what any of the poducts are or how to use them. Every American in Indonesia should stay clear of any Ace hardware store. I`m very sure the company is lossing lots of money because these Indonesian people are running these stores.

refusal to return

I purchased a Grinder/sander from Ace on Tue. I tried it for about 15 min. and found that it was not what I...

3 comments Port Saint Joe Retail Stores

manager's scam

One sunday afternoon during early summer I was in the local ace hardware to purchase several chore items —...

poor quality

I recently bought a long handled shovel at the Firestone Co Ace Hardware store. When I tried to use the shovel, it was so flemsy that it was barely usable. It is supposed to be a hardened and tempered shovel, but was of very poor quality. My work background is over 30 years as a manufacturing engineer and tool and diemaker, so I know something of metalurgy and hardening of metals. When the shovel proved to be unsatisfactory, my intention was to purchase their most industrial grade shovel, and return the shovel I had for
credit against the more expensive shovel. The customer service rep at the store refused to do anything on my behalf, despite my belonging to there regular buyers value club. I spend money regularly at this store for assorted houseware items, and will no longer do business with them. When I contacted the corporate customer service, they as well had no interest in standing behind their product. Let the buyer beware when dealing with the Ace Hardware company.

ace hardware won't honor rebate advertised

At a price $47.99 for Scotts fertilizer Ace was the highest price in town. But advertised as $37.99 after a $10.00 rebate it was the best price in town, and so I purchased 3 bags. <br />
<br />
As required I filled out a rebate form very carefully, paying attention to enter correct UPC code, the brand name, and number of bags, etc. Having purchased three (3) bags with a $10.00 rebate per bag I was entitled to a rebate of $30.00 total. And I made a digital copy of the form.<br />
<br />
However, Ace wouldn't honor that. They sent a rebate check of only $10.00. I've been haggling with them over the web for 3 weeks now. I've had 3 different people email me the rebate would be sent to me. NO check. All I get is lame excuses and their website indicating "scheduled for final processing" but nothing happens. They just emailed me a new tracking number in which I cut/pasted it directly from the email and there is no such tracking number on their system.<br />
<br />
I'm just getting jerked around by their corporate office.<br />
<br />
Ace Hardware rebates are a ripoff.

honeybeerose Jun 17, 2010

I filed a rebate online. It showed the rebate without me having to enter anything along with the sku. I got a postcard saying it was invalid because the sku number was not found. I would have probably thrown it out thinking it was junk mail except for the fact that an employee at ACE said to look out for a post card because most people complain that they never receive the rebates. I called and they asked me to give them the sku from the receipt and said something about that they didn't scan the card properly when I bought it... which makes no sense since the number is on the receipt and the rebate was in their system. He said the rebate is now valid and they're processing it. Something is definitely broken here or they are trying to scam people into not receiving these rebates.

angry20101 Jan 13, 2012

acehardwareoutlet.com 4, 205 seller ratings New No tax + Free shipping $19.79 $19.79
    Homebasix FWB-27X64 - 27"Wx64"H Faux Wood Blinds Wht
    When I placed my order i was going to be charged shipping. I contacted the company by email asking if I needed a code or something to deduct the shipping. Ace Hardware replied back, said It seems there is some technical issues with google as this item does not qualify for the Free shipping. I requested the free shipping should be be honored. Ace Hardware replied back, We sincerely apologize for the wrong advertising on Google, but unfortunately we cannot offer Free shipping on this item. Makes me made that I had to enter all my information and see Ooops, by the way shipping will be $100! Hello!

poor customer service

Ace Hardware online store lacks adequate organization and follow-up customer service. I order a product to be shipped to a local Ace Hardware store. The product arrived within three days but was short two items of the sixteen I ordered. The incomplete order was reported to me by the local retailer. The trouble started when I tried to get the remaining two items in my order. I was told by the "customer service" person on the phone that the issue had been referred to corporate for further research. Ace Hardware could have simply called the store they shipped it to and confirmed the incomplete order. Instead, though, they treat the issue as though I am the one claiming they failed to fill the order. They have so far refused to call their own store and find out what was shipped. To date I haven't picked up the incomplete order. There is a complete disconnect from the people who field the phone calls and the people who fill the orders and make sure everything is done right. I'll never order from the Ace Hardware online site again.

• Un
    unhappy customer Apr 11, 2009

We had gone into Ace Hardware not once but twice to get a couple bags of Traeger pellets for a grill.and twice they said they didn't have any in order. What they didn't do is say...we will try and order it for you. They didn't go out of their way to gain a customer. They told us to go on line to order it and when we did...we couldn't find any information from Ace.
    Guess what we did next?
    We went to another store! And found what we were looking for. Will we go back to Ace? HHHMMMMMMMMMMMM let's see now!

• Pr
    Prunepits Mar 02, 2011

I wonder if anyone else has had the same uncomfortable experience I have had while shopping at my local Ace Hardware. The staff there seems very paranoid and aggressive and treats every customer as if that person was stuffing stolen merchandise into their pockets while staff's back is turned. I want to be treated like a customer and not as a rip-off artist. I am so tired of it I wrote the company today. Anybody else had similar treatment fromthem?

• Re
    Reviewer69365 Oct 18, 2015

I buy at ace hardware Valenzuela, the cashier was very slow. Then I asked a promodiser if that cashier is a trainee, He said, the cashier is a regular. Then I decide to walk out the line and not to buy that item, coz i waste such of my time waiting to be transac by that cashier, then I ask again the promodiser if that cashier is always doing that kind of slow transaction, why you guys tolerate your staff like that, as far as I know the name of that cashier is Len, please fix it up as fast as you can.

• Cp
    cpn Feb 26, 2016

Location in Greensboro Nc, at Randleman rd and Vandalia Rd. The workers are very unfriendly and not helpful at all. This has been the case on several visits.

employee harrassment

Walking into westlake hardware to purchase an item and employee first remarks were what are you doing in...

do not fall for the rebate scam

1st denial: & ldquo;items exceeded limit”
My response: as is clearly visible on the rebate form, we did not exceed the limit on any item.

2nd denial: & ldquo;ace sku not found”.
My response:
(a) in my original submission, I had submitted the original upc bar codes cut out from merchandise.in the attached copy of the same, you’ll find 7 upc bar codes corresponding the to 7 items listed in the top section of the rebate.
(b) the ace store where I made the purchase does not have a cash register that imprints sku number on the receipt.

As you can see from above correspondence, there is no consistency in your reasons for the denial. it appears as though new reasons are thought up each time

Boycott ace hard

/URL removed/

• Jr
    JReck Nov 11, 2010

Carefully filled out all information on form, sent original receipt and bar code from 2 pkgs. Ace says they sent me a postcard stating my receipt was missing. I definately included my receipt and all proper paperwork requested. Refused to process the rebate of $25.85 and said the promotion had ended and there was nothing they could do to help me. I always made it a point to buy as much as I could from Ace...trying to support the smaller hardware stores. Not anymore...I will give all my business to Home Depot and Lowe's!!!

• Ph
    phkat Nov 12, 2012

Same here. I did everything perfectly, as I am no stranger to doing rebates. The reward card was scanned and the number printed on the receipt, as did the sku, short description and price. I removed all the upc's from the box, just in case, and scanned everything for my records. Then I decided to do it online since it said that if I had the reward number on the receipt, I could submit online. I did. Weeks later I received a card saying the rebate was not being honored because the ACE SKU was not found. It was right on my copy of the receipt so surely their copy must have it also! Since I had submitted the rebate at the beginning of the offer, I resubmitted, following very closely, the guidelines for resubmitting, by mail. I sent in all the original hard copies, by certified mail. The original rejection card said it had to be returned by Oct. 13, 2012. It was delivered at 9:07 on Oct. 5, 2012. As yet I haven't received my rebate, nor is their rebate portion of the website working at present. The part for buying stuff is working though... So, if that $30 rebate doesn't show up, I'm never buying another thing from ACE. There are too many other stores from which to choose, to waste time on these guys.

bad service

I submitted a rebate claim online to E-Rebates and received an e-mail verifying that my claim was received...

job loss!

I was hired by mr. Turner on 02/26/2008 and let go 0n 03/14/2008. I was in the store looking for an item when...

will not honor rebate

Ace hardware will not honor their rebates!!! On friday, july 29 2007 I purchased a weber grill from ace hardware. There was a $20.00 mail in rebate which I sent in with the receipt and upc code. I wouldn't have purchased this item if it wasn't for the rebate. Today I received a reply stating that that the rebate was invalid because the receipt didn't have the correct date. It was purchased on the first day of their sale. I'm sure of the date I purchased the grill so the date is correct plus the sale price was on the receipt. The receipt's ink was a little dim so they was probably too lazy to even look for the date on it. They know I can't resubmit my receipt because I sent the only one I received at the time of purchase in with the rebate. This all seems like a scam to me since they know 99% of the time no one is going to go out and scan a copy of the receipt for their records before they send it in for the rebate. The main reason I filed this complaint is to get it on record how ace hardware treated this now ex customer. Complaint was filed with the bbb.

• Cl
    Clement Milder Apr 23, 2008

Please give me the sight for EMail rebtes.

• La
    Larry Jones Jul 04, 2008

In Corona Az Ace sold me a tree, the leaves fell off, tried to replace it with a healthy tree within 1 week of purchase, found out that they do not stand behind all of their sales. At least the other two similar trees I purchased are doing well, but I will no longer gamble with Ace Hardware.

pets drugged out of consciousness

I recently visited Ace Hardware and now I cannot sleep from the nightmare that unfolded while I was there...