Acai Berry Edge / Fraud

United States, Tennessee Review updated:
GNS or Maxcolon
This company is a total scam! Shame on me for not researching them enough. They will post a bunch of articles on their site about Acai Berry and colon cleansing products, which you think have been successful on such shows like, Oprah, Rachel Ray...but when you look closely its not even their product its an imitation. If that is not bad enough and false advertisement they also tell you its a free trial that you just have to pay for shipping. This is not the case at all. They send you a trial in which they do charge you, their catch is you can return it and get a refund. To make matters worse they send you a paper with the shipment saying you have to call and get a (Return Authorization number), this all has to be done in 15 days and it takes well over a week to get to you, and you can't get through to them on the phone or web-site. Finally, the biggest slap in the face is they automatically send your shipments every month and deduct it from your credit card without your consent. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM ACAI BERRY EDGE OR COLON 700.
Play close attention to the name because they are very close to reputable brands in the market.

A  3rd of Feb, 2009 by
so how do I get my money back...?
I also fell for this :/
A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
I ordered mine and called to cancel within 20 minutes of ordering but they told me they couldn't cancel because my order had already been shipped. WITHIN 20 MINUTES! I tried calling for a week but it says "all circuits are busy". I had my credit card number changed and I suggest you do the same.
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - cant get them on the phone to stop auto shippment
gns inc
6452 fig street suite a
Phone: 303-456-5591 & 800-595-4670

can not get through there phone lines always says they are busy and this co puts you on auto shipment for there products and charge you credit cards, cant get them to stop. very miss leading in adds do not order from the
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by
It's misleading because they need time to dry up that credit card of yours... cut it up! You will see more misleading charges without your consent!

When you see other charges that you are not aware of... they sell your information to other telemarketers to take you for all you got!

ic3.gov and Federal Trade Commission has a complaint form you can submit on their website. No hassle, file charges if you want anything done to these crooks!!!
N  15th of Feb, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - credit card charges
Phone: 3034565591

These people signed me up for a program i didn't want and then cleaned out my checking account can you do something about this
A  16th of Feb, 2009 by
I signed up for a product before doing my research on this company... stupid me! After thinking it was strange that I was unable to cancel another product I accidently signed up for I started looking into it and I found these posts. First thing I did after freaking out how silly I was to do this in the first place was call my credit card company. Since I did authorize the first charge they had to formally cancel my product over the phone to make sure I did not get those monthly charges I read about. After waiting well over a hour I finally spoke with someone, my credit card rep told them I would like to cancel my order but they said they were unable to but gave me a Return number to send it back once I rec'd the product. My cc rep was able to cancel any further charges and I was give a cancelation number. I was told if I send my product in my March 15th (it was ordered Feb 13th) they will process it within 48 hours and I should receive my refund in 2-5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If any further charges appear I was told to charge it back and I should be covered.
N  20th of Feb, 2009 by
i recently ordered a free trail sample of the acai berry edge product from the gns website. i was only responsible for the shipping fee of $4.09. when the product arrived the shipping slip indicated that i was a vip club member and that my order would not be complete until my credit card was charged an additional $82.22. i at no time joined there club nor did i authorize an additional charges.

after days of trying to contact the company by phone (only to get a busy signal or no answer at all) i phoned my banking institute and put a block on any future charges from their company.

i emailed gns indicating the info above and requested they take me off of their vip club membership and to respond to the email to confirm. i have yet to get a response.

by the way, i have been taking the free sample (????) product for 3 days now and i have yet to feel any extra energy nor have i lost any weight even though i am following the instructions that were enclosed with the product.

note to self...nothing is free. this company should be shut down and forced to return all monies that were given to them!!!
A  23rd of Feb, 2009 by
I have been calling and emailing them to get a return authorization number for this product. I request a sample to try and they sent me two bottles with a note thatI was a VIP club member and they would charge my bank account with monies due. This is indeed a rip off. The two emails I did got back were of no help at all. The first one told me they had forwarded my request to another person. The second person informed me that I did not request the item from his "store" and I must have purchased it from another location. I am not an idiot and have informed my bank not to accept the charges. I will still try to contact someone for the RAN tgo send the items back.
N  24th of Feb, 2009 by
I was so tempted by the ad, but then I thought about credit card fraud and I didn't want to put my credit card in, so then i googled it and came up with this site. THANK GOD!

BUT - oddly enough, their site to sell you the free trial also comes up when you google "Acai berry edge scam" . So they've figured out a way around the google search engine.

Awful. the sad part is that I found the ad on facebook.

Just goes to show you, the old addage of "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is" and it seemed too good to be true.

I'm sorry to those of you who got scammed but I THANK YOU for being great citizens in reporting and sharing your stories. THANKS!
A  25th of Feb, 2009 by
the company GNS is a joke. 30 minute wait times on the phone. they don't anser emails. the free trial is a joke. they send you more than you need then you are forced to return product... but they are unreachable... consistantly. what a terrible way to do business
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by
my husband ordered it for free over the internet; ( they asked for our visa account, only if he wanted to reorder) product made him sick. They sent second product in my name, which we did not order. And they do not answer their phone to give us a return authorization number. We held on phone for 15 min. and no one answered; it was not a 800 number.4
A  1st of Mar, 2009 by
They offered a free, risk trial for me and ask me to pay only shipping and handlong ($ 3.97). A couple week later, I noticed the charge of $40 on my account.I have spent on the phone more than 2 hours to try to conversate with them but all their tellers, with calmness of Holly Cow repeated me again and again: We have opened account for You""When I requested for money rebate, they offered me (four different person) to connect me to another department and I have being waiting for a very long time and never have being connected to somebody else.
It is froud!!!11
N  4th of Mar, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - I cancelled my order for the product weeks ago I caanot afford the product at this time
GNS, Inc
Phone: 303-456-5591

I cancelled my order for this product due to insufficient funds at this time. I will return the product for a full refund.

Jeffery Brady
4730 Charles Terr
Philadelphia, PA 19124
(610) 453-7204
N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I feel like I am being scamed.
N  7th of Mar, 2009 by
order #1272362 cancel my order. did not order additional acai. thank you
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - cancel vip order

I got a free trail and i would like to cancel my order because i just wanted to try the product and do not want to get anymore of it.
johnda klappenbach
4006 shannon bend
Baytown texas 77521
Order Number 1416335
emailed to johndaklappenbach@yahoo.com
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - Charged my charge card twice for Items I did not order. all I orderd was the free trial for 3.95
gns slimbody vitamins

They charged my Charge card twice for a product that I didn't order all I orderd was the trial bottle for 3.95. They are nothing but scammers.
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
i have tryed to call i have left word for you to call me.you have ripped me off like you have alot of people.i willnot accept anything from your co, and i will let my card co. know about you...!
A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
I too was sucked in by the free trial offer. send $3.97 shipping for a free trial bottle. when i received the package there were two bottles of the product along with an invoice stating that the $3.97 had been billed to my card and that $79.90 would be billed to my card within two weeks to "complete payment". also i was in formed that as a member of the vip club i would have two units shipped to me every 45 days and billed to my credit card at $34.95 a unit. at no time did i ask for anything other than the free sample for the $3.97 shipping. nor was there any mention of a vip club or automatic shipping of additional products in their web site advertisement. I called their tollfree number to complain about this obvious scam. I got a person who told me that there was no customer service rep. there to take my call. but if i left my phone number someone would call me back within 48 hours. so i sent an email to their so called customer service dept. I got a reply the next day telling me to send back the product (at my exspence) within seven days or the cost of the units sent would be billed to my credit card. i relplyed back that i had paid $ 3.97 for the free sample and was not sending anything back. I have contacted my credit card company and made them aware of this fraud and have taken steps to block them from billing me again.
N  21st of Mar, 2009 by

Acai Berry Edge - SCAM!

I was reading the invoice and I accepted the fact that I was charged $79.90 for the two bottles. Less than a month later was charged $69.00 for a product I have not received. I am pretty sure that on the invoice it said that I was only going to be charged $34.95 a month for the supplement. Believe me I will be calling and cancelling if I can't cancel with them then I will change my card number.