Acai berry / I ordered a sample of arci berry and was told i'd pay 3.95 for shipping. nothing else. they billed my credit card for 89.31

1 4650 sw 51st St. Bay 711Davie, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-350-8480

I ordered a small bottle of acai berry and they told me that I would only pay 3.95 for shipping and handling for a sample bottle to try. Today I looked on my on line statement and they billed me for $89.31. I called and explained to them I didn't order anything else and I got billed for 89.31 and I wanted it taken off my credit card and he said he couldn't do that. I said I want to talk to your supervisor he said he was the supervisor and hung up on me. I'm calling my credit card company to get it taken off my statement and let them deal with them.
This is a scam.

Ma

Comments

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2008

I ordered the same thing and when the berries arrived it had a small piece of paper included. In the small print it said that if you do not cancel by calling them you will be charged $89 on the 14th day after your order.

17th of Oct, 2008

Oprah, Oz, Rachel Rae are all recommending the acia berry with links to websites etc. Yet, this company is taking money from our accounts because the numbers on the websites to cancel products are false. You can not get through its a disgrace - I bet O, Oz and Rachel aren't out of pocket!! I am disappointed that people we trust are recommending these companies. Please do not order from https://www.extremeacaiberry.com.

• Sh
      23rd of Oct, 2008

i ordered this one. and when i got the sheet i actually read it. i called to cancel and 6 times in a row when i called after the automated message it disconnected. talk about customer service. 2 thumbs down.

• Au
      25th of Oct, 2008

Ordered free trial sample and attempted multiple times to call their number to cancel before the 14-day cut-off. the number was always busy, unanswered or (as of today) a recorded message — no way to cancel. also I didn't receive the sample until the 14th day. I immediately wrote 'return to sender' on the package.

I'll be contacting my credit card company immediately. scam - do not use www.extremeacaiberry.com.

• Sh
      28th of Oct, 2008

Buyer beware * www.top3acai.com****

The company that allows you the 2 weeks for free is scamming for your credit card #.

They say they never billed me and I have a charges on my credit card bill with their # and the monthly $89.31 that I never agreed to pay. I cancelled 2 days after receiving the free trail. they show me as cancelled and yet are billing my credit card monthly.

Because this company scams... the only way to get your money back is to report to your credit card that there are fraudulant charges that you never ok'd (regardless of their small print of the monthly billing) trust your credit card company will reverse the charges.

It is also good business practice to report your business dealings with this company at bbb.com (better business bureau) they will look into this if there are just a few complaints. I explained to "carl" who stated he owned the company at "www.top3acai.com" and I told him I would blog and report him to the bbb and he said "go ahead"
    This company is far from professional and doesn't care about their customers. please report your business dealings so others don't have to deal with scammers.
    Thanks
    Penny

• Cd
      29th of Oct, 2008

I would keep an I eye on your CC statement the next couple of months. I did the same thing with another product and every 2 months for 6 months my CC was charged. My bank finally took control and it stoped. So please keep a close I on your CC statements.

• Wi
      24th of Nov, 2008

Hello My Name is William. I am a little dissatified with the way this has become because. I ordered a sample of your Acai Berry, which I have not recieved and to top that of you with drew money from my account of $79.95 which I did not authorize for you to with draw, plus no notice that you were going to do that. Now it has made my bank acccount in the hole of $47.17 in the hole which I do not have. So I would like for you to refund my money and cancel my whole account . Thank You very much. William Mayfield

• Di
      27th of Jan, 2009

Has anyone found a way yet to stop this fraud? They keep sending the Acai Maxx without authorization and taking my money. No numbers work. There has to a way to stop this. Help!

• Ki
      8th of Feb, 2009

This company has caused me nothing but grief. I orderd the " free" sample and payed for the shipping/handling charge which was on my credit card. Next thing I know I recieved another bottle of acaiberry which was charged to my credit card unauthorized. When I called this company they said I could not return it and basically too bad. I told them to stop this and I want my card credited, they said it was too late. Called my credit card co. and told them of this unauthorized charge and that I will not pay for this. They have been very helpful, ; however, I had to go through the process of filling out a dispute form. About two weeks later received another bottle of acaiberry which once again my card was debited. Again called my credit card co. and they told me they would take care of this matter and that every time a dispute is against a company such as this they are fined. I said very good. It is my recommendation that if this is happening to you dispute it. We can't let this company get away with this.

• Mi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I also paid for the free trial of acaiberry never received the free trail but 12 days later my credit card was charged 79.96 unauthorized and still havent received the product this company sucks!!!

• Se
      7th of Mar, 2009

People actually talked to someone on the phone...what number did you call?

• Ph
      19th of Mar, 2009

I knew the company would charge my credit card on a m0nthly basis and I let them do this because I thought that 14 days was not really enough time to see if Acai Berry would really work. Well I am here to tell you that I tried i4 bottles and did not lose one single pound. I ended up having to change my charge card # after filing a complaint with the charge card company that I was unable to reach anyone at Acai Berry to cancel the product. Why is it that all these companies charge this way. Why can't you just order one bottle whenever you need it without having to get a monthly auto ship. Is this because these companies know that the diet pills--skin creames and makeup they are selling really do not work and try to steal as much money as they can before you wise up to their worthless products? I am Still looking for a good honest and realiable comapny that sells a working product one bottle at a time..

• Lo
      27th of Mar, 2009

I ordered risk free trial of acai berry. cancelled my order and received e-mail to verify and still got my account charged.when I contacted them by phone personnel was rude and inconsiderate Something needs to be done about hidden terms on risk free trial orders. I agree with Phyllis

• Ge
      7th of Apr, 2009

Hello I received a bottle of the detox and found outi could not take it because I have high blood presure
    But they didnt say anything on there web page about the restrictions on other medication
    So I called them the one in florida at 1-866-949-0138 pushed 0 for person to person infrmation and cancelled my order
    So now i'll just wait and see. george — dchef

• Ni
      24th of Jul, 2009

Phyliss (and anyone else who is looking for quality product without the hassel)

I am newly hired by gnc (well known fitness stores nationwide). I had a couple come in looking for acai, stating they heard something online about it helps with weight loss. my manager told me that although the antioxidents are good to take overall (especially when dieting) the affects of acai really do not offer enough weight loss effect on their own. (and you should really make sure what your getting is actually acai & not some subtitute as one of the previous complaints stated what was supposed to be acai was actually some form of mustard)

However, if you are interested in quality product, no follow up orders (unless you place them) stop into your local gnc store or go to gnc.com (where you can order products to be shipped to you directly if you like). at gnc we stand behind our products with a 30 day guarentee. just hold onto your receipt & you can return your product used or unused (as long as it isn't gone) for an exchange or refund. this is one way to make sure you like the product, it is what it claims to be & it works. gnc also offers a gold card discount program which costs $15 to set up, but covers you for a year. the day you set up the card, you save 20% on anything in the store that you buy, then you get that same savings the first week of every month, allowing you to refill your monthly vitamin/supliment supplies as needed at a reduced cost. I know gnc carries a variety of acai products (in pill, liquid & chewable forms). I sincerely believe this is a much better option than giving your credit card to some faceless entity who doesn't care about you, only getting your money.

• Ve
      27th of Jul, 2009

My name is Veronica and I just like everyone else ordered the Acai berry and the colon cleanser, I didn't receive the AcaiBerry until the 6th day after the trail date started. I was able to reach someone but only after I did alot of research and found an e-mail address to send an e-mail to. I was told that they couldn't refund my money and I was charged the full amount 7 days after the order, which meant I only had 2 actual days to try the product, they now ask me to send a copy of PO order number, which of course I never recieved and also the terms of the agreement which I also never received. As for the colon cleanser I have been charged three times and yet to see a product. I am going to my bank and dispute this charges as a scam and fraud hopefully my bank can resolve this mess for me.

• Ab
      14th of Sep, 2009

I received my statement and £74.03 has been debited for Focuscleanse and Natureberry; all I had to pay was £3.95 shipping and I received a bottle of colon cleanse and Acai berry. They made me feel unwell and I never ordered any more. Am trying to sort out with credit card. Can't believe what I have read above! Wish I knew of this site before ordering! Don't suppose there is much point of telephoning the companies.

• To
      24th of Mar, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me. when I called the compamy they had a (voice mail) on and ditdnt let me talk to anybody. I had to call the bank to get a new credit card so they could stop billing me. also they told me to file a police report against them. I suggest you all do the same.

Please do not buy this product unless you have money to give away