ACAI Berry & Colon Clense / Billed for products that were not ordered

1 314 East Dania Beach BlvdDania, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-736-1040(UTHI Health) 1-877-221-6231(Clense Gold)

I should have known this was a scam. I was on MSNBC.com and seen these products, though I could trust MSNBC.com for good information. I ordered a trial product of both Acai Berry Detox and Colon Cleanse. Both were to cost .99 for the trials. I ordered them on August 6th, billed on Aug 10th and 12th, one date for each product. I received the Colon Cleanse on the 19th; I have not received the Acai Berry product.

When I ordered the products there was a check box that I opted out for the continuing of the product. On Aug 19th I noticed pending charges on my account, I called the bank and they gave me the names of the companies for the charges and their phone numbers. I called the company on Aug 20th to stop these charges. I talked to an operator (Jennifer A-179) and was given a cancellation number for each product and was told that the pending charges were stopped.

I also received a call on Aug 20th from my banks automated system asking if these were fraudulent changes. I filed them as fraud. I called my bank and they canceled my card. I thought at this point I was done.

Well to my surprise on August 24th my account had a charge for one product and on Aug 25th another charge came through, both charges were for 87.13 each plus 1.74 each for a processing fees. I called back to the company [protected] and talked to an operator (Sara A-131) she told me they could only now process a refund and that I would have to wait another 3 days or so. If the money was not refunded I could call back and go thought their (wonderful - lol) call queue again to find out the status.

Before hanging up I talked to a supervisor (Nathan S-36). He gave me the same song and dance, there is nothing else I can do but wait. I explained that I was going to continue filing the fraudulent charges through my bank, file a complaint through the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General.

Each of the phone calls took about 30 minutes, (10 to 15 minutes waiting in the queue) each to find out there is not much I can do. I am now going to have an issue with the bank because I used an account just in case these things happen (I don't keep a lot of money in it) has two overdraft fees $29 dollars each and the company said they do not reverse overdraft fees and I am sure my bank is not going to waive them (I hope they do) so i will end up paying 58 dollars for these fees.

Buyers beware of the scams that are happening everyday - If it sounds to good to be true - IT IS!!!

Company names where the charges came from:
Acai Berry Detox - UTHI Health Product
Colon Cleanse - Cleanse Gold

In case anybody wants the company information:
Barry Folgers Inc.
314 Dania Beach Blvd
Dania, FL 33004
[protected]

Comments

• Jk
      10th of Nov, 2009

I had the exact same problem & am still fighting the charges. My bank is filing fraud charges tomorrow against this company. They have been trying to charge me for the last three months. I called their supposed customer service & never got through, always put on hold & hung up on.