Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse / Unauthorized charges made to my account and no product received

1 Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:

Last month I ordered the Acai Berry diet pills and the Colon Cleanse that were seen in a pop up sd on My Space. Supposed to be like 5.95. I still have never received either product but today got an alert from my bank that a charge was made to my account for 29.95. I called bank to tell them it was unauthorized. They said I had to try to get it resolved thru that company first then if they didn't credit me the bank would credit me. Bank gave me phone number for Fit Factory. I called and they said it was not a scam that I had joined a fitness program for 29.95 a month by ordering the products. He said this was disclosed 4 times in there ad. I told him it must be in print to small to see because it was in nothing I read in the ad and I didn't know how they stay in business if that is the way they run it. He said he will get my account credited and gave me a confirmation number. We will see. I learned my lesson. Not to ever order anything in an ad on the net ever again!!!

Comments

• Je
      1st of May, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - Being charged more than told.
    Jenny Radatz
    S1001 county road I.
    Nelson
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 715-673-4438

Hi I recieved a call from my bank asking if this was an okay'd order. I was told over the phone by this company that this was going to be around $35 not $169 like I was charged on my debit card. I am wanting to cancel this order because I will not pay $169 that was charged to me. I can not afford to pay that amount for dietary pills. So please cancel my order and I know that this order is on its way, but I will be sending it back in that case for a FULL refund. All I really wanted was to try the free months worth just to see if they work and I haven't seen any results so am going to cancel and get a refund.

29th of Jun, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - taking money from credit card - no authority
    viv3.com
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I sadly purchased this 'free' special offer of the acai berry and colon cleanse for £3.95 each and thought 'how brilliant' postage only fee.
    then the night mare started... they started syphoning firstly small amount of money out of my account - ie £1.00, £7.00, £7.50, £3.74 and then all of a sudden the biggie - £158.00 of my hard earned cash.
    I hadnt even received the product either.
    I called their help desk and spoke with a lady called Sabrina and she said that it was clear in the small print that it is a free trial for 15 days then afterwards you would be billed whether youliked it or not for the full amount £79 for each bottle. when I quickly explained that I hadnt received the bottles, she straight away said that she would contact thead office and give me a full refund as I hadnt received the goods.
    (Phew!) I have spoken to my bank and because of this stupid company I have had to close the account and set up a new credit account- This company are like 'bleeders' they bleed you dry with their small print.

and they are very powerful in their ability to help themselves to people's hard earned cash whenever they want to.

How do we protect our accounts from companies like these? and out banks cant simply stop paying them on our say so - they say we have to go back to the comapny to stop it with them - why would or should this be the case - we should still be able to say who and when we apy anyone from our money eh? or is it still silly season??

thanks
    anon ( as the company many be checking this website and may see my name and decide not to pay me my refund!
    If and when I do get my refund. I will return to give more info...

Good luck to you all out there.

• Am
      29th of Jun, 2009

I purchased this same product and was supposed to pay only $2.25 for shipping and handling and I did receive the package in 3 days. I only received 24 tablets, but then with in a few days they had taken $180.00 out of my account and I had to cancel my checking account and write to the attorney general to get it resolved. I still do not have my money back from this company. AMadridge

• Ka
      7th of Sep, 2009

i have just purchased this product yet another sucker to be drawn in to these rip off merchants i have cancelled my order before they hopefully take any more moneyi have also rang the bank but all they say is cancell the order they cannot stop it i think its ridiculous that people have no say on their own bank acconts

• Ka
      7th of Sep, 2009

check out the acai berry and detox pills ontrading planet. This is a major scam you get the pills on a free 15 day trial and get billed for more pills after wether you want them or not . then you have to cancel your order before the 15 days if you dont if they take notice you get no more hassle but unlike me still got charged for the pills after 15 days paid 114 pounds rang the bank they said cancel the order they cant stop the payments only the firm you oredered them from can cancel the payments being taken you dont have any say does someone want to tell me what going on here

• Cm
      14th of Sep, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - unauthorized charges to credit card
    West Virginia

I rec'd trial size bottles and just had to pay freight .. or so I thought...until I rec'd my credit card statement and called to complain and was told that since I did not call back in 2 weeks that I would be charged the full price...because the 2 weeks was my trial...not the bottle...where do I go to from here...it was a total of $125.90...

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me. They said I should have read the fine print. Because I did not call back in two weeks, I had agreed to pay full price. So my bank account was charged.

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - Fraudulent Advertising
    Acaiberry Detox, Hollywood, Fl
    Ruskin
    Florida

I was forwarded an e-mail for free samples of products. Only had to pay shipping @ 1.00. and thought if I liked the product, I would order some after my trial period. Didn't read all the fine print. It stated if I did not call
    them back before 14 days were up, I would be charged the full amount for the product. I called them, and was told I should have read the fine print in the terms of agreement. They will issue me a refund, After they receive the bottles back from me. Their phone number, if you would like it, is; Customer Service @ 1-866-988-5395 and the number listed for the business is; 1-866-949-0138. The company is located in Hollywood, Fl

• Sr
      28th of Nov, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - never ordered product
    ACAI Berry and COLON CLEANSE
    Bluffton
    South Carolina
    Phone: 8432983504

I received four boxes in the mail today and opened them, thinking they were maybe an early Christmas present from my mom, for my son. She sometimes orders stuff on line and has it mailed directly to me...I found one bottle in each box of items I DID NOT order. The number listed on the pamphlet is not valid and told me it cannot be used from my area. I received two bottles of ACAI berry and Colon Cleanse. I never ordered these products, nor would I. I cannot contact anyone since that is the only number located anywhere in this packaging. I am going to mail them back and hopefully they did not get a hold of my c.c. # and didn't take any money out of my account somehow. I NEVER order anything on line so have no idea where the got my name from. I tried to google the address and this web site came up, along with a web site called [redacted] that had MANY similar stories to mine about this company where these boxes from this company just arrive out of the blue and the people find that their c.c. has been charged. This company is a ripoff and scam. Any info. you could provide about how to contact this company would be appreciated. The address is 3007 Greene St., Hollywood FL> 33020-1037. Company name just says ACAI Berry on one and Colon Cleanse on the other, along with the address listed above and a phone number of 866-949-0138.

• Mo
      7th of Dec, 2009
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - processes
    Dermasolutions and Smarthealth
    Sydney Metro Area
    New South Wales
    Australia

Ordered trial sample and was not happy with results. When automatic order arrived returned both with details to that effect. Have since received further orders and also found credit card has been charged twice for first order sent.

Not happy with product or ethics of these companies

• Ra
      9th of Dec, 2009

Same thing happened to me! where was the fine print that said this?

• Es
      6th of Jan, 2010

Hello, I am the owner of Dermasolutons - The Skin Spa located in Burlingame, Ca.

We are not affiliated nor know the Dermasolutions Company charging for Acia Berry Products.
    Our client come in for facial treatments/services and pay when their service is completed.

We have received many calls/ complaints. If you are a victim of these fraudulent charges, please report to your credit card company.

27th of Jan, 2010

Can anyone give me the email address to this company VIV3? I did not get an invoice with a customer number and cannot find anyway to contact them other than an international phone number that I cannot afford to phone!

27th of Jan, 2010

Sorry! I hope you all have my email address to contact me with an email for VIV3. I want to contact their company to try to get a refund and to cancel my autoship...which I did not authorize. I do not even have a customer number as the invoice was sent off with the refused merchandise.

• Al
      21st of Feb, 2010
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - bogus
    viv3

Am not often fooled on the internet, however, after ordering these products, 1 for £1.99 shipping, the other for £4.99 shipping. 1 month later both appear on my credit card for £75. each!!

The add was on facebook, and stupidly I asumed it would be safe. Am awaiting on the credit card company to get back to me!!!

• Li
      6th of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me.

Funny thing was, the products didn't even arrive until three weeks after I ordered. I didn't HAVE the products when the "two-week trial" ended!!

When I complained and demanded a refund, they put me onto an online chat with someone who didn't speak English very well. It was ridiculous. I threw a fit and eventually got about half back.

21st of Aug, 2010

Channel 6 supposely did a trial on Acai Berry. It sounded legit. I ordered the free trial of AcaiOptimum. It was suppose to be $1.99 shipping and handling. My credit card was charged $1.99, $.80, $.01 and $99.96. I was supposed to get a rebate. I found out that I have to have two orders @ $99.96 before I can send in for a rebate of $99.96. If one gets a rebate they will still pay $99.96 plus $1.99 twice for shipping. Where is the free trial? I do not see it. I called and cancelled the second order. I will check my credit card daily. If this company charges any more on my card, I am going to file a dispute with my bank. I am going to write the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General of the State of Arizonia. I think everyone involved should pursue this issue. Together we can stop these robbers.

Adam

• On
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse - No rebate
    Nutrition Craze
    Katy
    Texas

I ordered the online "special" in August and as others have explained, the true details of the great rebate and all you pay is shipping are not visible at the beginning. I received my shipment and a few weeks later noticed my bank balance was about $200 less than what is should be. I checked and Nutrition Craze had deducted another payment for the second bottles, which I did not order and knew nothing about having to make another payment until I called to question. They told me I would be able to request my rebate after the second botttles payments cleared. I started the rebate process in October and at the beginning of November there was a post on my account with Nutrition Craze that they had sent me an email saying my rebate waa approved and should be credited to my account in 3-4 business days. The second week of November I had not received the rebate and I called again. I was told at that time the process might take up to a month. I questioned why they lied in their advertising and in the email and was told that they shouldn't have said 3-4 days. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that was not possible. I waited the "billing cycle: and have still not received my rebate. I called again toay and was told the same thing again, it might take another billing cycle. This company is a fraud and all people concerned with it should be in jail. I don't know how anyone connected with a TV station could in good faith recommend a product from a company that rips off the public.