Academy Bank / disputes

14002 East Tufts Drive #115Aurora, CO, United States
1.65
Phone: 720-327-6070

I had reserved a post office box through the UPS store in another state. To reserve the PO Box, I had to submit my credit card information. Within 24 hours I cancelled the hold on the PO Box. The merchant decided to take it upon himself and charge me for three months of service even though I never signed for the box, nor did the reservation entail that I be charged a minimum 3 month premium for holding the box. I disputed the charge with Academy Bank. They refused to dispute the charge stating that I gave out my credit card number for a reservation, which gave the merchant the right to charge whatever they deemed necessary. So I explained that the next time I goto a restaurant, they can charge whatever they feel since I gave them my credit card number? The dispute department hung up on me. After several calls, they refused to initiate a dispute and understand the merchant had no right to charge me for three months of service. The service rendered by Academy Bank was that of a third world country. Argued, cursed at, hung up on, mind you, I deposited over 100k in my checking within one year. My point being that I'm not running after chump change in the name of being broke. I cancelled my account and went to Bank of A, where I'm treated with respect!

Academy Bank Logo Academy Bank