Academy Bank / disputes

1 14002 East Tufts Drive #115Aurora, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 720-327-6070

I had reserved a post office box through the UPS store in another state. To reserve the PO Box, I had to submit my credit card information. Within 24 hours I cancelled the hold on the PO Box. The merchant decided to take it upon himself and charge me for three months of service even though I never signed for the box, nor did the reservation entail that I be charged a minimum 3 month premium for holding the box. I disputed the charge with Academy Bank. They refused to dispute the charge stating that I gave out my credit card number for a reservation, which gave the merchant the right to charge whatever they deemed necessary. So I explained that the next time I goto a restaurant, they can charge whatever they feel since I gave them my credit card number? The dispute department hung up on me. After several calls, they refused to initiate a dispute and understand the merchant had no right to charge me for three months of service. The service rendered by Academy Bank was that of a third world country. Argued, cursed at, hung up on, mind you, I deposited over 100k in my checking within one year. My point being that I'm not running after chump change in the name of being broke. I cancelled my account and went to Bank of A, where I'm treated with respect!

• Dustin brown's Response, Jun 17, 2017

I went to close my account on the 2nd of June after they gave me a check for my balance they kept my account open which can't be legal .i want my account closed and it seems like they're stalling

Comments

• Br
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Academy Bank - They are allowing people to write checks and withdrawal money out of my account and it seems to be a on going incidents.

My name is Jimmy Marshall and I have been with academy bank for several years and this has happened almost every month for the past 4 years can you please put a stop to this ASAP I am a disabled veteran trying to get a home for me and my family we are living in our truck.

• St
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Academy Bank - hours

Just letting you know I am very ANGRY about your hours on Sunday being closed. My roommate needed to get a check cashed and couldn't make it until today. Please start opening up on Sunday. You guys used to be open on Sunday and it was so handy. I don't like it that you are closed on Sunday! Thanks!