ABSA / credit card delivery

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

To whom this may concern

I live abroad and whilst in Durban South I had the chance to renew my ABSA credit card. The person in the bank in Durban assured me the new credit card will be delivered to OR Tambo International a day later as this was express delivery, the reason was that this was the airport of my departure, the date was 18th June 2015. Due to the passing of my mom I had to stay in Durban a little longer than expected thus having to delay my outbound flight from Joburg. I went to collect the card at the airport on the 27th June and NOT to my disbelief but the card was not there. After waiting 20 minutes to try and find where the card was, I was informed the card was infact at Greenstone Mall. No person in Durban including myself even mentioned anything about Greenstone so how it got there is beyond me. To top it all up they expect the customer now to go and collect the card after there mishap. I have since cancelled my card and will be looking to transfer my banking to another bank. I have 2 words for ABSA and the second one is USELESS. ABSA take the advice or not but you seriously have to step up your game if you want to compete international banks.

Regards