ABSA Bank — my "may" salary frozen
On the 8th of May 2017 late at night I received a message saying my Absa account has received an amt of R5107. I did not know where it was coming from so I went to ask at the bank and was told that this is fraud and my account will be frozen until investigation is done.
I do not argue with that but it really isn't my faulty who deposits money into my account, I mean I know nothing about this message. Yesterday (15 May 2017) was my pay date but my salary is frozen, I've been trying to contact absa but no one picks up.
This is really frustrating, I would rather have them holding the unknown portion that I mistakenly received (R5107) then to entirely freeze my salary.
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order