ABN AMRO Bank / fraud & harrasment

1 India Review updated:

This is with regards to royal privilege club fee debit in to my captioned card.

In this regard I would like to inform you that one of abn's executive called me and told me the features of this offer as per below:

You will be getting two watches absolutely free (without any handling charges) with offer detail.
After that he told me about offer in detail.
Than he told me that you are going to receive all offer detail in written, first you need to read and when you feel its ok than call again customer care and confirm your booking for this offer and than finally bank will charge inr 4500/- against this offer.
I told ok but also told 3-4 times that this offer is not acceptable to me till I don’t receive watches and offer detail in written, he told ok, you will received shortly.

After all these conversation, on 10th of july 2009 abn bank charged inr 4500 + service tax, without any confirmation from my side, after 10-15 days I received a letter in which abn bank informed me that we have charged you inr 4500+service tax against above offer without my confirmation (even it was not acceptable to me at all).

When I received letter from bank, I called to customer care and made complain about this and requested to reverse immediately, somehow I made complain and confirmed by executive to get it reversed within 5/10 working days.

After some time, when I asked to abn's customer care about reversal, again they told me it will reversed soon, I called 4 to 5 times in last 2 months for confirmation about reversal of above charges but it not happened till today.

Due to this debit amount, my current month amount payable is become huge, which was not payable by me at all, accordingly I have paid inr 2468/- against my monthly emi, rest amount is against above unwanted offer fee.

Today I receive statement for this month in which you have charges late fee inr 650/- finance charges retail inr 182.24 & finance charges cash inr 0.04

The reversal of principle amount inr 4500/- + service tax has not yet made after 2 months of my request.

Now, due to overdue of my account their collection department calling me again and against and making harrasment to me.

Please do advise me in this matter

Regards
Vishwjeet maroti
[protected]

Comments

• Pr
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Similar problem occur to me also.

Hi Sir,

My Name is Prakash SB. And tis is reference to the Abn Amro Ticket number : 09052001872.

On March 31st I have purchased a Product form ABN Amro called SUPEREME PLUS OFFER NAVI MUMBAI on 31st March 2009 for Rs.5000/- and it has been told that I will get this product with in 15 days. But I didn’t receive the product till dated. I raised a concern to Customer care and they provide me ticket number which is mention in the above. When ever I called to the CC I will get the update that it will be dispatch again but till now I didn’t received any thing.

Now at last I planed to close the card because of frustration got from Customer care and the Abn Amro call's to pay due payment.

The main reason to no paying the amount is because of this product which is not received to me and I told to so many Abn Amro callers, but no use.

Now when I calculate the product charges till now including the Late fee + service charge + interest on product cost it will be equal to double of the amount all most.

Now I am requesting to revert back my product amount as well as revisal of the all the charges.

When I requested the same revisal of my amount to the Customer care they transfer to concern department and from Customer care when I asked for the revisal of my amount, they just respond me like I placed a request, then I asked when I will get my revisal they said " they don't know about that and even they don't know whether I will get the revisal also, I asked her name she told me SWETHA.

Now I feel Its a purely a Fraud from Abn Amro. They commit all the promises but they never follow.

If we didn't pay the amount then you will be harassed to pay the bill every day and you have to tell each and every caller about your problem.

As I can see lot of costumer are suffered from Abn Amro Product.

I request you to help me get my amount back.

Thanks,
    Prakash

• Pu
      12th of Oct, 2009

I have saving account with your bank.

My Debit card used to work fine ealier, few days back when i used it in one of the atm counter, it started giving the message that - the card is blocked please call the service provider. I am facing lot of inconvinience as i used to rely on the card itself for my daily transactions.

I need to know what procedure do i will need to follow. Do i will need to issue a new card for myself or the same card will start wokring. And also if i need new card, what is the procedure to do that.

Also in case of a scenario when all of the sudden card stops working, what are other ways to with draw money from account. As i have been trying to conntact the call center no given at the card, i am always getting it busy or it gets disconnected as soon after getting the ring. Is there any other no availabel if the customer want to talk to any customer care representative of your bank.

• Mi
      22nd of Apr, 2018

Hi Staff
    my name is mirza akmal from switzerland.
    last month i have start deal with to buy scrap fridge compressor with company (see in attachment)
    i have payed (see in pdf ) still he dont attend my call .he send to me passport copy . you can see in attachment .
    i have attach all my bank details and Netherlander bank details, i think this is a very serious case . why i inform you please help me
    if you need more info from me please ask any time with mail r whatsup 0041764704350 r call me
    i will waiting your positive response
    please read seriously my case
    thanks