AARP / aarp does not represent my interests politically

After AARP's support of the Obama Care Health Plan I contacted AARP in writing and via telephone to cancel my membership since they obviously do not represent my best interests since anyone can clearly see that ObamaCare is not best for me or the country. Their support of this made their stance on the issue perfectly clear.<br />

AARP never aske me or any other dues paying member what our position was on this issue. They took it upon themselves to decide for the memebership how we should think on this issue.<br/>
<br />
AARP did NOT cancel my membership and continues to send me Membership Renewal Information. This was my first year of membership and I will never renew. Since joining AARP I have gotten a barrage of mail selling every type of insurance you could possibly imagine. They send these marketing materials regularly under the guise of AARP. I have come to believe that AARP is nothing more than a mechanism to gather contact information to sell insurance. I do NOT want their insurance And, I do not want to be associated with the AARP organization or their political views.

Dr

Comments

• Dr
      13th of Feb, 2010

AARP is nothing more than a way to collect contact information to sell insurance.

• Be
      19th of Nov, 2010

AARP should be exposed for what it is. A lobby arm of the insurance and other industries it "endorses", such as Hartford Insurance. These money grabbers have raised my rates FOUR TIMES IN FOUR PAY PERIODS WITH NO REASON.
    I hope that AARP board members enjoy their perks from Hartford and others they feed to people like me who foolishly trust them. They are in it for RICH OLD PEOPLE, and the RICH OLD PEOPLE are doing just fine, it's those of us who have to take funds out of retirement savings to put food on the table, not to mention leaving us twisting in the wind with 3rd world medical coverage that hopes we die soon so they can make even more off our premiums and/or AARP fees.

• Su
      24th of Jul, 2011

Send back the continued AARP renewal cards in their prepaid envelopes and write "cancel" on the card. Let AARP waste their money on the postage. That is what I did and they did stop sending me renewal cards. I have joined a senior organization that has political views similar to mine.