Aarons Furniture Rentals / horrible customer service from store and district manager

1 United States

I just got a computer from Aarons' and was told it would have everything I needed installed, including Anti-Virus. A couple weeks later I now have a virus on my computer. I find out what they did was load a "free" version of an AV program. I work for a software company and our technicians had a really hard time telling me what kind of virus infected my computer. When I called a little peeved about the situation, the manager from Aarons told me "no one was to touch his computers". Silly me...I thought since I was paying for it, the computer was kind of mine. If I had known what was installed I would have put a better AV program on it. I have transferred my account to another store, which installs a 30 day trial of a recommended AV program and has awesomecustomer service.

I'm also not thrilled because they chose to contact someone from an application I filled out 6 years ago. Thankfully my friend didn't mind but it is unprofessional not to call someone and let them know you are using information they didn't provide. Guess Aarons' doesn't like admitting they didn't do their job and get enough references.

When I brought this up with the District Manager he states that regardless of the information being 6 years old, they can still use it...I find this more than a little scary. What else are they doing with personal information?

Ra