Aarons / look for yourself

Kim Butler --

August 31, 2009

"Chronology of Events"

8/31/2009
1. BBB -- Checked with BBB and wrong phone numbers are posted on the website -- I called and was told that was not the office and they had no knowledge on where that would be at. I then proceeded to say that the BBB showed this phone number together with this address and only at that time I was notified of the President office being behind their building. At that time I was put on hold and waited for 17 minutes and I finally disconnected.

5/10/2009 - 8/31/2009 "Research of Cunsumer Complaints"
2. There have been MANY consumer complaints against Aarons and their way of doing business.

6/2009 and a final attempt on 8/31/2009
3. We as consumers have no access to a Corporate Office, when we call we are told each branch is independently owned. How do we supposed to file a formal complaint against such franchise?

8/31/2009
4. Called Customer Service and they were once again unable to help and claimed they could only deal with present clients not previous. Spoke to: Mikira Gatti- rep claimed she had no employee number and opted to give me her last name.

5. 4/30/09
Branch Manager Jason- Cedar Park Office has declined our phone calls and much less honor the so called policy he mentioned at time of pick up. Jason mentioned the following:: " Aarons has a program to where consumer can re-activate account once they are back on their feet." Such policy is not mentioned on Lease Agreement. After acquiring property from our house, Jason declined every attempt from our side to satisfy account. This morning was my last attempt and when I mentioned the so called (false) policy he proceeded to say: "It's only for consumers who pay on time". Why would he even mention this? Obviously consumer is not going to be on time if Aarons has to pick up merchandise, right? This is false information for consumers and a way to easier remove/retain merchandise to keep profiting from such. "Many attempts were done to contact Branch Manager with NO luck".

August 31, 2009 @ 8:40 am -- Last Attempt

As per our conversation this morning I hereby demand a copy of my contract agreement on the:
42" LCD HDTV FLAT - Item # [protected] -- Model -- 42PF7421D SKU-- 7301LD4

It's my right to have a copy of this contract which was never given to me. It was never given to me due to the terms on contract being different from what I initially requested. I hope that by this time you have had a chance to look at our initial contract for the AMANA 26 SXS REFR -- I do hold a contract on this and can very easily see the discrepancies. Since you have chosen to work an agreement that would be fair for both parties I have decided to sue your company under a small claims court. Based on the evidence I have and knowledge I possess I don't see the need of hiring an attorney since the facts speak for themselves. If your company wishes to settle with me before going to court I must let you know what I request the following:
1. "NEW" TV of same quality or better-- Same size -- TV was used at time of purchase, TV was also made in 2006. Aarons has more than tripled the money on
such merchandise. Consumer amount paid: $1611.94
2. Amana refrigerator that belonged to consumer -- Item # [protected] SKU -- 7405AB6 Model# -- ASD2620HRB -- Or better-- Consumer PAID amount $ 1645.22
3. A reimbursement amount of $1000 due to negligence from Aarons and or added late fees/harassment and denying consumer the right to obtain property back.
Consumer spending time trying to reach a peaceful settlement with Aarons. Settlement denied by Jason - Branch Manager

When I started this agreement the request from our part was a 12 month agreement, instead one time we received a 24month then 18 month and as shown on the agreement the final contract was 5 monthly payments of $119.05 for 5 months starting January 1 2008. Clearly it went beyond the initial terms of the leasing agreement. If you should want to settle, I give 48 hours for a response from your corporate office or yourself. Also I must mention that Aarons took advantage of our financial situation and decided to execute contract under no mercy. As we all know the country is under a recession and our President has changed/implement new laws to better help consumers, one of those new Laws is for banks/financial institutions to start cutting APR/Rates and late fees. I will not let anyone else be your victim.

Ma