AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service / overcharging

678 S. Artery, Quincy, MA, United States
Phone: 6177731080

Mike here at Aamco seemed such a nice man and promised to give me an honest price for repairing my transmission.Once they had opened up the transmission($399 charge refundable if you pay for repairs), he claimed that he couldn't get spares and would need to completely replace it with a new one.That is a lie, the dealer confirmed parts are available.The estimate? He wanted $2844 for a transmission that the main dealer in Boston would charge ME $2100 retail for. With his discount off the retail price that makes a profit of over $1000 on just the transmission alone, not including the profit on $95 per hour labor charge! I told him to put the transmission back in and I took it to another garage that charges $2650 parts and labor to replace it with a new dealer-bought transmission.He claimed he needed to charge extra for overheads.They have no receptionist, not even a photocopier, so that is not true. Highly disreputable and cost me the loss of my car for two weeks and the $399. The best thing I did was take it away from them. They should be closed down.