AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service / overcharging
Mike here at Aamco seemed such a nice man and promised to give me an honest price for repairing my transmission.Once they had opened up the transmission($399 charge refundable if you pay for repairs), he claimed that he couldn't get spares and would need to completely replace it with a new one.That is a lie, the dealer confirmed parts are available.The estimate? He wanted $2844 for a transmission that the main dealer in Boston would charge ME $2100 retail for. With his discount off the retail price that makes a profit of over $1000 on just the transmission alone, not including the profit on $95 per hour labor charge! I told him to put the transmission back in and I took it to another garage that charges $2650 parts and labor to replace it with a new dealer-bought transmission.He claimed he needed to charge extra for overheads.They have no receptionist, not even a photocopier, so that is not true. Highly disreputable and cost me the loss of my car for two weeks and the $399. The best thing I did was take it away from them. They should be closed down.
More AAMCO Transmissions & Auto Service Complaints & Reviews
- Aamco Transmissions - rip off 
- Aamco - didn't offer services they claimed to offer
- Aamco - I was scammed at aamco! 
- Aamco - $4,000 job gone wrong
- Aamco - the truth about free engine check light on 
- Aamco Transmissions - fraud and unethical behavior
- AAMCO Transmission - no diagnostics done to find true problem
- AAmcoTransmissions.com - they stole my car and lied!
- Aamco Transmissions - transmission, engine 
- Aamco - poor customer service