AAMCO Transmission / no diagnostics done to find true problem

1 McDonough, GA, United States

My son took his 1996 dodge avenger into the aamco shop in mcdonough to have them do a diagnostic test on his car to find out why his car would not shift properly and would only go about 30 mph. They said they did diagnostics on the car and they needed to tear the transmission apart in order to find out where the problem might be. They charged up almost $2500 to tear down and repair the transmission, only to have the car do the same thing it was doing before they did the work.

We don't feel that they did a proper diagnostic on the car, and rushed us in to all these repairs. After all was done, they said it was the tcm module that was bad, which is an electrical problem. They said they wouldn't cover it. But they towed his car over to an electrical shop to have them run tests on it. They said the tcm module was bad (My son has replaced this part 5 times now).

If you need more information on this, please contact my son, eric rinearson. He has the address of the repair shop, and all the paperwork on this. I was the one to pay for the repairs, and we both feel they ripped us off. His phone number is [protected].

I feel that aamco should reimburse us for these repairs, since they really weren't needed and it did not solve the problem. At the very least, and I mean the very least, they should pay to have the tcm module replaced.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Mary rinearson